Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari 2018 - complete list!

Go down 
+47
Kikimalou
Doug Watson
pm64
donny ong
costicuba
Florian
zirkoon
LukaLeon085
WhiteLightning Wolf
lucky luke
Ana
Duck-Anch-Amun
onatello
Night Elf
MartinH
Caspian
Bowhead Whale
ze_neto
Shardur
shadoweon
Lionwoman
john2xtheman
Gwaine
Tarunyada
jarda
sbell
MiniZoo
Sergey
halichoeres
terrorchicken
barracudacat
Tupolew Tu-154
bmathison1972
JamesPanda
Dutch Bear
Robert
Saarlooswolfhound
Bloodrayne
arafan
widukind
NightLioness
sphyrna18
Deanmo19
Takama
Roger
Juan Andrés
SUSANNE
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 6:15 am

NightLioness wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
I agree with Suzanne - I knew instantly that it was a leopard seal - that cold, almost reptilian "smile".  It look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. to my eyes!  I was so so so excited when CollectA revealed that they were going to release one this year, but then when I saw it.... it left much to be desired, IMO.  It's a beautiful figure, but it fails to capture the head shape of a leopard seal.  But Safari's 2018 intro? I'm very impressed.  It looks like a resting seal to me......

Just my thoughts ! I have not even considered getting the CollectA one, but I will surely get this beauty, unless Safari rises the prices so much again Very Happy Laughing

Same for me! The CollectA one does not seem to feel Leopard enough to consider it a leopard seal. But this one screams leopard seal to me. I hope the Paintjob is nice, because with such an expression, the paint must be good to bring it over.

I will wait to watch a walkaround before I decide something Wink , I'm not a fan of the CollectA one and I'm sstill sad to have missed the Kitan Club when it was cheaper.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 am

terrorchicken wrote:
Im not an expert on this type of stuff(subspecies differences) but from what Ive seen of Florida panthers on tv, they seem leaner than their more thick coated cousins. Their heads seem slightly different too. ........

Yes, it does seem leaner Very Happy
And I like the alert look, - she hs seen somthing tasty, it seems drunken

Btw, I forgot to dwell a bit with the hare !
How wonderful that they will have two American species of hare now !! And this one also seems beautyful Applause

Allready perhaps one of the best Safari-news-years I remember , and then we can still expect a babirusa, musk ox, and SIAMUSSY cheers

barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Just curious, but did anyone else see the boxer from the side view? He has such a huge Clydesdale neck! I know they say this breed has a strong neck, but I've never seen a real boxer that looked like this (you will sometimes see this feature added to Dobermans as well). I'm not sure why they dropped the ball so hard on an otherwise decent figure. I really hope the poodle turned out nice, especially since I'm quite interested in that one.

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Love to read all your comments. I'm really exciting what new figurines Safari Ltd will come up with next Smile And the Whales TOOB looks really interesting, love it!

terrorchicken wrote:
what excites me about the Florida panther is that I hope it means they are releasing an Everglades toob down the line.

Did I hear Everglades TOOB? That would be EPIC, especially because there should be a manatee included Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Please, Safari Ltd, bring us an Everglades TOOB cheers

shadoweon wrote:
I wonder if theres a chance of them making a Red Wolf since they made the Florida Panther? =o

That would be extremely awesome drunken

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Safari Ltd hasn't revealed any new releases, but they shared some pictures of the already known figurines on social media the last few days:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Safari Ltd wrote:
Did somebody say gnomes? We’re pretty sure we heard someone out there say gnomes…Our Gnome Family Designer TOOB is here with six brand new gnome mini-figures to brighten your day! Get yours now at safariltd.com.

Safari Ltd wrote:
Our first 2018 Wildlife Wonders™️ figure is here! The 1:7 scale Florida Panther figure is a stunningly detailed representation of this beautiful endangered feline.

Safari Ltd wrote:
Everybody digs mammoths, but can we get some love for this American Mastodon figure? Did you know that despite their similar looks, mastodons are not closely related to mammoths or modern elephants? The evolutionary line that would lead to mastodons split apart from the rest of the elephant group around 25 million years ago.

Safari Ltd wrote:
The legendary Harpy of Greek and Roman mythology is our next 2018 figure showcase! These half-human, half-bird creatures were known for being extremely hungry, but don't worry! This figure won’t steal your food.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 7:50 pm

About the Florida panther, this is a unique figure simply because they are genetically different from the common mountain lion we see in the wild and in toys. They have a much lighter build and are usually smaller in stature than the common lion, and they are discovering that it is actually a bit different behaviorally as well. I think it has low numbers population wise also if I remember correctly, which is a problem because they are discovering that many males are sterile due to genital malformations likely due to the chemical pollution in the habitat (something similar is seen in the crocodilians there also).

Here is a website page you can read more about this endangered subspecies.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the models so far, I rather like them. I think it's neat that the mascot is now a figure, the leopard seal looks very predatory in it's head as it should be (though the model is just relaxing), and the others look great too. Can't wait for more releases.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Here are some other social media pictures from the last bunch of revealed figurines:

Safari Ltd wrote:
It’s our new [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! 10 all new whale [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] swimming your way! Available now at safariltd.com!

Safari Ltd wrote:
Our newest [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sea Life addition is the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] beware, these guys are among the top predators in the Antarctic, second only to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Get your own at safariltd.com

Safari Ltd wrote:
Our brand new [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is here! Spook up your [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] decorations with these 12 scary mini figures. Get yours in time for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] today at safariltd.com!

Safari Ltd wrote:
It’s a good HARE day at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with our new American Desert Hare Figure get yours today at safariltd.com!

Last edited by Tarunyada on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 pm

They have updated Facebook and their website with some.new figures! Vaquita! Porcupine! Some... Interesting... Horses. Musk ox! Poodle! I'm very excited for safari this year.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 pm

And even better, here is their new bunch of revealed figurines for 2018:

Daeodon

Porcupine

Musk Ox

Kangaroo with Joey

Pigmy Hippo

Vaquita Porpoise

Poodle

Morgan Stallion

Sheep

Leviathan

Puff Dragon

Friendly Fairies Super TOOB

GLM Gnomes

GLM Spiders

GLM Tortoises

EDIT

Friesian Mare

Last edited by Tarunyada on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Tarunyada wrote:

Daeodon

Porcupine

Musk Ox

Kangaroo with Joey

Pigmy Hippo

Vaquita Porpoise

Poodle

Morgan Stallion

Sheep

Leviathan

Puff Dragon

Friendly Fairies Super TOOB

GLM Gnomes

GLM Spiders

GLM Tortoises

That porcupine looks like it could be sculpted bettert then it really is. I mean This is one of a few times where Schleich got it better

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm

After the Yowies must have now a better Vaquita by Safari. And the north american porcupine is a must have too :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Takama wrote:
That porcupine looks like it could be sculpted bettert then it really is.  I mean This is one of a few times where Schleich got it better

I must agree on that one, the Schleich one looks better!

widukind wrote:
After the Yowies must have now a better Vaquita by Safari. And the north american porcupine is a must have too :)

The vaquita is awesome!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:43 pm

There is a new Friesian too, very stylized.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:44 pm

I don't really like the leviathan though, at least my perception of what it might look like.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Takama wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Porcupine
´
That porcupine looks like it could be sculpted bettert then it really is.  I mean This is one of a few times where Schleich got it better

:)

If you mean the Bayala porcupine than it is an african porcupine. That made by Safari is a north american porcupine i believe

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:53 pm

You're right Andreas, the African has much larger more defined quills whereas the north American looks more hairlike (though they still hurt a lot, they are a problem with dogs where I live).

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Safari has done well with the North american Porcupine species and the Vaquita ! Andreas you are bang on the nail !!

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Also the beautiful Friesian mare!!

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Safari Ltd hasn't revealed the Friesian horse on Facebook yet scratch Can someone share a picture? I can't wait to see it bounce

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm

It's on their safari website. I can't share it right now unfortunately.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Safari Ltd hasn't revealed the Friesian horse on Facebook yet scratch Can someone share a picture? I can't wait to see it bounce

here !

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Friesian !

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 7:12 pm

What a gorgeous horse drunken I don't collect horses, but I think I'll make an exception drunken Thanks for sharing! cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 7:15 pm

WOW !!! Vaquita, musk ox, poodle, Friesian cheers bounce Applause Applause Applause

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 7:27 pm

I too do not collect horses but this looks like one for the keeping sunny ... and two Vaquita figures for sure !!

PostSubject: Re: Safari 2018 - complete list!   Safari 2018 - complete list! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari 2018 - complete list!
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next