Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE) Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)   Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE) EmptyAugust 20th 2017, 23:36

Walk-around of the Mexican dwarf crayfish, Cambarellus patzcuarensis Villalobos, 1943 by Banjihan ACE. This small freshwater crustacean occurs in lakes and springs in Michoacan, Chapultepec, Opopeo, and Tzurumutaro, Mexico. One might think this is an unusual choice for a Japanese company, however this species is apparently common in the aquaria trade.

The figure is 40 mm not including appendages, which makes it just under 1:1 (or 1:1 for a small or young specimen). The figure is a solid piece of plastic with no assembly. It is one of a set of 6, each representing different colors, both wild and domestic. When a figure is presented like this, I usually do not make a huge effort to collect every color variant (1-2 or even 3 are OK, but I don't need 6). I picked the brown version as this is closest to the wild type form.

While there are 6 color variants, this could be considered a 'unique figure' as a set, as I am unaware of any other members of this Central American decapod in toy form.

I definite gem for collectors of unusual species; it's also small and doesn't take up much space.

On to the figures!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)   Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE) EmptyAugust 21st 2017, 09:29

Beautieful :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Walkaround: Mexican Dwarf Crayfish (Banjihan ACE)
Page 1 of 1