Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 pm

I knew from early proto pics that new Ancient Fishes were coming from Favorite, but I assumed the Atractosteus gar would be an alligator gar...

But they went with CUBAN gar! The most endangered of them all!

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 22829908_1521769371234192_5761821691178974121_o

They've also teased a Scleropages arowana, but we'll see what species they do!

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
https://animaltoyforum.com/faunafigures/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Interesting stuff :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

A true beauty cheers Applause Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Looks really great, exciting and of high interest! Please keep us up to date! bounce

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Very nice! I'm actually dying to get my hands on that gar. An alligator gar would have been my preferred species, but I love supporting endangered wildlife as well. Any help finding a site that sells them to US buyers at a reasonable price would be much appreciated.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 5:52 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Very nice!  I'm actually dying to get my hands on that gar.  An alligator gar would have been my preferred species, but I love supporting endangered wildlife as well.  Any help finding a site that sells them to US buyers at a reasonable price would be much appreciated.  

To be fair there are a few gator gar figures out there (even a freakishly rare and expensive Aqualand one). I am personally thrilled to get a different species...and they should be releasing in a few weeks!

As for sources, Brett is taking preorders, and some of us know our ways! But I don't think there are any definite sources outside of Japan.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Quote :
To be fair there are a few gator gar figures out there (even a freakishly rare and expensive Aqualand one). I am personally thrilled to get a different species...and they should be releasing in a few weeks!

Thanks for the information. I didn't know it wasn't out yet. I had seen pictures and it was absolutely gorgeous!

I'm, just curious, but are there any 5-6" gator gars, or thereabouts? This is the size range that interests me most. While the Cuban gar is a different species and I do not know how big they get, this figure could realistically represent a large, 1:20 scaled gar in general. That and its overall beauty are why I love it.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 4:44 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Quote :

Thanks for the information.  I didn't know it wasn't out yet.  I had seen pictures and it was absolutely gorgeous!

I'm, just curious, but are there any 5-6" gator gars, or thereabouts?  This is the size range that interests me most.  While the Cuban gar is a different species and I do not know how big they get, this figure could realistically represent a large, 1:20 scaled gar in general.  That and its overall beauty are why I love it.

I think the largest was the Replica Toy Fish one (called a 6" figure but I think closer to 5").

As far as Cuban gar go, they are pretty small--1.5 metres or so! So for scale, this figure is roughly 1/10 (it's about 16cm long). Of course, for a 3metre gator gar, that would make it 1/20 but their patterns are different.

I also just realized that a link to the Favorite site with the Ancient Fishes would be helpful! http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/list.html

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 3:38 pm

Quote :
As far as Cuban gar go, they are pretty small--1.5 metres or so! So for scale, this figure is roughly 1/10 (it's about 16cm long). Of course, for a 3metre gator gar, that would make it 1/20 but their patterns are different.

I also just realized that a link to the Favorite site with the Ancient Fishes would be helpful! http://www.f-favorite.net/SHOP/1043521/list.html

Thanks for the link. It definitely helps! The dimensions work for me.

PostSubject: Re: Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018   Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinto Favorite ANCIENT FISHES for 2018
Page 1 of 1