Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/32 scale animals

Go down 
+32
Roger
Leyster
Saarlooswolfhound
sunny
Ana
thebritfarmer
Joliezac
Loon
George
Farm collector
Jill
Babdo
Pardofelis
Bonnie
Shanti
sphyrna18
bmathison1972
landrover
Advicot
costicuba
Wilorvise
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
Melekh
bjarki12
pipsxlch
Blublub
WhiteLightning Wolf
Lennart
SUSANNE
Dark Pegasus
Woodlander
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

1/32 scale animals - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 01, 2023 10:35 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Kikimalou wrote:
The PV is a bit more mythical but I have a soft spot for the Yowie. 🤗

Yes, the PV is rarer but I agree the Yowie is even more attractive.

Roger wrote:
Is it a mirror or is there anything wrong about my spectacles? scratch

Haha, yes, their spectacles may be the problem.

Thanks for showing the polar bear, Leyster. Coincidentally, I just got it! I think it was made by Takara as part of their "Three-Dimensional Capsule Antarctic and Arctic Science Encyclopedia". It's total length is about 9.0/288 cm. Just a bit larger than the maximum size for a polar bear I have found (285 cm), but it's a bit difficult to measure the Takara exactly, so I have accepted it as a very large polar bear.
Back to top Go down
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 5:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's really interesting, I hope to see it soon in this thread, I'd be interested in seeing some comparisons with other polar bear figures like the Wild Rush. About the Takara/Yujin thing, I believe Yujin is part of Takara now? I don't know if this was before or after the figure was made, tho.

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 6:21 pm

I think you are right, Yujin is part of Takara. TAW says from 2008. I got my information about this series from this website.

I'll compare it with other polar bears as soon as I can. I am travelling between places a lot in the next few weeks, so I don't know when I'll manage.
Back to top Go down
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] understood, and there is no need to hurry, it's just a curiosity about plastic figures anyway :)

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptySat May 13, 2023 10:07 pm

Finally, I can reveal the 1/32 scale animal model of 2022! I know, 2022 is a long time ago, but it took a while to get all the models that I needed to decide on the winners. I only want to give prizes to models that I have seen “in the flesh”.

I found approximately 23 new models that were released in 2022. “Approximately” because there are a few models that I don’t have so I can’t be completely sure about their size. I don’t think these models are sufficiently special to deserve a prize. Also, there may be 1/32 scale models that I haven’t discovered yet. If they turn out to be better, I am afraid I’ll have to take prizes away and give them to the more deserving models.

Anyhow, let’s introduce the third-prize winner!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is the CollectA cobra from their Mini Reptiles and Amphibians Box. It is a smaller, mirror-image of CollectA’s standard-sized king cobra. It is 11.8/378 cm long.

Why does it get its prize? Snakes are very rare in 1/32 scale. Often, they are rolled up and would be far too large if they were stretched out. There may be a few generic snakes that would pass as 1/32 scale if we choose to use them for species with the right size, but I am not aware of a 1/32 scale snake that was marketed as a king cobra. Because 1/32 snakes and even other reptiles are so rare, it has a special place in my collection. The model is also well-sculpted with an open mouth to give it interest, has a good quality plastic and is reasonably well painted.

Why not first prize? The painting is quite simplistic and I find the CE symbol under its head a bit disturbing; they could have put this in a less conspicuous place.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptySun May 14, 2023 6:53 pm

Interesting cobra, what is the brand?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptySun May 14, 2023 7:45 pm

widukind wrote:
Interesting cobra, what is the brand?

CollectA Andreas Wink
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:23 pm

That’s right, the cobra was made by CollectA, part of their great Reptiles and Amphibians Box. In my opinion, CollectA makes the best tube figures, and this box has four (the Nice crocodile, Galapagos tortoise, American alligator and Komodo dragon) that can be used for 1/32 scale.

Let’s award the second prize. It goes to the Takara TOMY A.R.T.S Nobism tiger:

It’s part of a series of five stretching animal figures that Takara made last year, some of which are more realistic than others. They released another Nobism series a few weeks ago. I believe “noby noby” means “stretching” or “carefree” in Japanese, hence, Nobism.

It’s a large tiger for 1/32 scale. It has a bum height of 3.6/115 cm, which is really the maximum for a tiger, though its head plus body length is well within the limit (my best guess is about 5.6/179 cm). It’s also the chubbiest tiger I have. Clearly one that enjoys the good things in life: eating and sleeping.

Why does it get its prize? It has a very unique pose, which, at the same time, is common for a tiger. It’s a pose that stands out and makes me smile. While it perhaps looks a little bit cartoonish, its coat pattern is quite realistic and its face has a lot of detail, you can even see whiskers. It looks good underneath too with detailed painting and sculpting.

Why not first prize? I wish the stripes on its sides were a bit thicker and that it was slightly less chubby. You can see the seams between the hind legs and the body, and these separate parts have slightly different colours. The tail is a bit loose. They are only minor things though.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 5:44 pm

That is a superb tiger. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:20 pm

Beautieful tiger

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 6:33 pm

How exciting to see these 3rd and 2nd place prize winners Roger!

What an amazing tiger that is, I love the pose! I bet your reserve looks even more impressive now.

Your snake is a beauty. I'm curious how it compares to other snakes you have. Maybe you've compared snakes before. I shall have to go thru this thread with a large cup of tea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 8:15 pm

Awesome tiger, so different and nicely made. Excellent Applause
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Beautiful tiger!!

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyMon May 15, 2023 11:28 pm

Very nice tiger in a so feline posture! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyTue May 16, 2023 7:54 pm

Thank you, everyone! Glad you like the tiger too. Annette, I only have two 1/32 scale snakes. One is the CollectA king cobra and the other one, a Safari Good Luck Mini, is a cheat. I use it as a Papuan olive python. Snakes at this scale are very hard to find and this is the main reason I gave the CollectA a prize.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 EmptyWed May 17, 2023 5:42 pm

The CollectA African bush elephant is the 1/32 scale figure of 2022!

The elephant has a shoulder height of 9.9/317 cm.

Why is it the figure of the year? The details of the sculpting and painting of this elephant are unsurpassed. The skinfolds and wrinkles are well done. You can even see cracks in the tusks. There are 1/32 scale elephants with a more interesting pose, but elephants often look a bit ungainly and the CollectA looks better in reality than in photos. Importantly for me, it doesn’t have the chubbiness of many earlier elephants. It’s a great-looking elephant with a neutral pose that has grown on me in the last few months.

Proudly showing the 2022 trophy:

Together with the other prize winners:

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/32 scale animals   1/32 scale animals - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

1/32 scale animals
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40