Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

V: 1983 tv series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

V: 1983 tv series Empty
PostSubject: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi!
Since I made myself little Dakotas characters and horses for myself, I have decided to make a surprise for my brother, for this Christmas: a self-made line of V toys. V was a tv show that aired in 1983 (my brother's favorite all-time show). It was about an immense group of aliens who, disguised into humans, pretended to come in peace on Earth to get chemicals. Actually, they were reptilian beings Under a totalitary regiment who came to steal all our water and capture humans for food. A group of Résistants who discovered their true goals were trying to fight them, with the help of a few aliens who were revolted by the avidity and cruelty of their own leaders (a little like anti-nazis during the World War II). Here are four little aliens I made; two of them are human-disguised, the two thers show their true reptilian faces. I also made two alien vehicles. I am also making a "Mother Ship", which consists in a grey flying saucer.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 12:56 am

Oh, I missed it. Sleep Isn't your brother lucky? Curiously, I remember my elder sister completely crazy about this tv series. She wanted me to watch it too but I was not interested at that time. Someday, who knows, I will try to find this series and watch it. You did a very nice work, it is incredible the amount of different things you can do. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 10:06 am

Good that you found this, Roger affraid

Yes ! It is amazing the fantasy and skill you posess, Whale Applause
They are ever so charming, and clearly have the look of your art.

I am sure that when you become famous, these will be among the items that will be shown in the books about your talent(s) cheers

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Thank you for your compliments! My brother was very happy on Christams, indeed!

Right now, I am preparing the présents I will give my brother for his birthday: the creatures from the "Tremors" movies. I already made the North American Shooter, Graboid, Shriecker and Assblaster from movies 1 to 4. I already finished them and I photographed them. I will show them to you soon. For myself, I made an african Assblaster and I started to sculpt my african graboid. I will also make a couple of Grabbers to go with them. This way, when his birthday comes, on August 8, we will each have a "Graboid Life Cycle" set: he will have the North American breed and I will have the African breed. For now, his présent is hidden in my bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 am

Those are the real and special gifts. You're both addicted in movies for sure. Wink Looking forward to see what you did even if it is still far from August. bounce

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 pm

While I made internet researches about monsters from Tremors (to make my figures as accurate as possible), I came through a lot of other cool monsters from various movies and TV shows. Here are a few of them.

1- GRABBERS. These are monsters from a 2012 movie made in Scotland and Ireland. They look like sea cucumbers with lots of tentacles around their mouth. These monsters feed on blood, like leeches. Baby grabbers look kind of cute, being pinkish in color and not being bigger than kittens. But they already search for blood at this low age. They keep growing up and darken in color, until they reach the size of a large house, turn to deep black in color and get the strength to kill people for food. Their weakness: alcohol is totally poison to them...

2- DEMOGORGONS. Those are monsters that appear in a series called "Stranger Things". This series occurs in a children school, where teachers make experiments to go to other dimensions. Dangers start to occur when doors are created between our dimensions and other dimensions, allowing creatures to travel in our dimension. One of these creatures is the demogorgon. Demogorgons are creatures with no eyes, their head being made like a large, five-petaled flower with lots of teeth and a mouth in the center. When they are born, baby demogorgons look like little slugs, with that flower-typed head and a primitive brain. As they grow up, they turn into a salamander-like creature, growing bigger in size, their head barely changing at all. When they are "teenagers", they have the general shape and the size of an English bulldog, always keeping their flower-shaped head with lots of teeth and practically no brain. Finally, as adults, they walk upright, like humans. Always with their flower-like head. And what makes it so weird, if that even if they copy, as they grow up, the steps of our own evolution, their "evolution" has no meaning whatsoever, because they keep their tiny, primitive brain throughout their transformation. All through their life, they remain primitive blood-driven predators with a flower-shaped head and a brain the size of a peanut. Only the body evolves, the head remains the same...

3- THE THING. Now, that is one of the most frightening monsters I have ever seen in a movie. Though, I cannot make a figurine of it, because of its nature: it is a shape-shifter. The "thing" actually is an amount of alien cells that assimilates the cells of its preys and copy their shape. This is really scary, because you never know if your friend is your friend or the "thing" who already ate your friend until it is too late and now tries to feed on (and copy) you. Since the amount of cells can copy any shape at all, a mouth can open on its belly or an arm can detach to catch preys of its own. The only way to destroy those monstruous cells is to burn them with fire.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 1:18 am

Interesting creatures. I will surely, when possible, to take a look at "The Thing", I have read before about the film, on science blogs, and the feedback is quite positive. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: V: 1983 tv series   V: 1983 tv series Empty

Back to top Go down

V: 1983 tv series
Page 1 of 1