Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround - Andalusian Horse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

Walkaround - Andalusian Horse Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround - Andalusian Horse   Walkaround - Andalusian Horse EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm making one post for each Recur model I have. In the very first one of it I talked a little about the brand. You can read more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe this is the worst model of the four I bought. I'm very familiar with this brand (I'm an Andalusian rider) so maybe I'm a bit critical with Andalusian models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HIGHLIGHTS

+ The model has a lot of movement

+ Interesting position

+ Good coat and amazing shadows

+ Braids, tail and hooves have different colours

COULD BE BETTER...

- Not a very realistic representation of an Andalusian horse. The neck is thinner in this model, the head should be also a bit bigger, the legs aren't as hard as a real Spanish horse and braids and tail should be more thick.

- The hooves aren't horse hooves. These hooves are from a COW
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Andalusian Horse   Walkaround - Andalusian Horse EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 8:35 pm

affraid  Those hooves !!! lol!

Ohh, dear . If Recur wants to make horse models, I suggest they send the artist out to LOOK at some Laughing

Anyway, there are some nice points in the model , and it is very interesting to see your pictures. Thankyou very much, Songbird Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Andalusian Horse   Walkaround - Andalusian Horse EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Andalusian Horse   Walkaround - Andalusian Horse EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 11:49 pm

It is important that James knows it. Making a horse completely faithful to a breed is not easy. Most of the traditional features are hard to take correctly and often forgivable. Though, these hooves, are not acceptable, it could look as a minor thing but it is not. A horse sculptor can't make a mistake like that. affraid It is also not very correct for a Pura Raza Española but it shows some raza. Wink

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Andalusian Horse   Walkaround - Andalusian Horse EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 11:46 am

I spent few time watching the model and I'm starting to see something special on it. I think the position is quite strange and it doesn't help at all. I think they tried to put the horse on canter but the position of the legs is very very confused.

It's a pity the enormous fail of the hooves, because I think this is the most worked model. The face, the shadows, all the details... are quantitative better than the others. It's a shame they destroyed it!!!

You are right Roger. But, except the first Papo andalusian stallion, any brand have been able to make a great andalusian. All of them seems warmbloods. So, if a german brand couldn't achieve it, what will we expect for a Chinese one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Andalusian Horse   Walkaround - Andalusian Horse Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround - Andalusian Horse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Recur-
Jump to: