Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround - Hannoverian horse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

Walkaround - Hannoverian horse Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround - Hannoverian horse   Walkaround - Hannoverian horse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi again to everyone! I hope all of yours are having a great time santa santa santa

I totally forgot that, some months ago, I bought two new Recur horses. I have bought, few weeks ago, the two I haven't got yet (friesian and quarter) but, unfortunately they arrived to my home in Madrid when I was (I'm still here) at my mother home, so pictures have to wait :)

Anyway, we are able to see the hannoverian and arabian horses. As I did in the past, I'll open a new topic for each figurine.

Let's see the hannoverian one. I think making a hannoverian horse is always difficult. This is one of the most popular breds and also one of the breds which are made more times (as some of the major brands are from Germany) so it is not easy to do something new. As some of you already knows, hannoverian are sport horses, with open studbooks. That means that horses who are not hannoverian (I mean, his or her parents are not hannoverian) can be added to the studbook and can be approved as hannoverian. I mean, there is not an unique complexion for this type of horses.

Recur used a chestnut coat, maybe one of the most common colours in this bred.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The horse is quite large. It reminds me the old jumping horses, which were more large than tall. I think the neck (loooong giraffe neck) doesn't help. Anyway, shoulders are ok for a sport horse, the head has a good proportion and legs are fine.

Head details are amazing. The white marks are well done, ears have nice shadows and eyes have a good expresion (meaby the horse looks a bit angry)

Here we can see better what I said before. The expression is stunning for a sport horse who is concentrated in his job. The head and neck have a lot of details and shadows, which makes the animal more realistic.

But there are weak points also. You can see perfectly that the legs were pasted to the body. This leg has also ugly marks. I think that marks were made by paint, not sure.

As I wrote before, the neck is quite long. I think hair and tail could be also better. They are totally pasted to the body, using the same colour - with just few shadows.

In the previous pictures you have seen the animal with this plastic base. The horse can stand perfectly by his own. I have only added it to conserve better the figurine.

That's all. I hope you enjoy the walkaround and also it helps if you are thinking about buying something in Recur. My opinion is that Recur has a lot to improve, but it is also a nice brand, specially if you are only collecting one animal (as I do with horses) and want something new and different.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Hannoverian horse   Walkaround - Hannoverian horse EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 1:23 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Hannoverian horse   Walkaround - Hannoverian horse EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 12:41 am

Nice to see you again! Recur did better than I could expect and I think the figure is quite decent. At least, they tried to make something realistic looking instead of toy like. Something different to the horse world, let's see the way they take. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Hannoverian horse   Walkaround - Hannoverian horse EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 8:19 am

Very, very interesting to see cheers

And you made a great presentation of this model  ! Thankyou very much Applause

At a first glance I mainly saw the long neck and the scary glue-together marks, but you are right : It IS a very decent Hannoverian horse Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround - Hannoverian horse   Walkaround - Hannoverian horse Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround - Hannoverian horse
Page 1 of 1