Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)

Go down 
+13
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Advicot
signatus
barracudacat
landrover
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
costicuba
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 6:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Now Kosta is the Happy Feet on forum. Laughing

Laughing cheers lol!

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 6:35 pm

Laughing Laughing cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Wonderful additions Kosta :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Wow, that leaves you really speechless, a gift like from an other star!drunken
Such a special selection of very special brands and figures,  diamonds for collectors drunken
The wonderful self-knitted socks!  drunken The drawing with the cute, trotting, spotted pony! Then these socks! BIG HURRAYY for Susanne! cheers
Kosta, that surprise is certainly like 10 x Christmas and birthday in one day! santa sunny drunken cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 1:17 am

Thank you very much Andreas and Yvette Very Happy
Dear Yvette, you are soo right with everything you said sunny

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 4:59 am

And after my wonderful danish fairy, here goes my german fairy Very Happy
Yes, we have two amazing STS fairys and the german one, I was so happy even to meet on real last year.
Our dear Yevtte is helping me so much , with finding so many treasures for my collection.
Especially with finding these old, precious composition models...
Now, she found for me 10 iconic Lineol models - my favorite vintage brand.
And all 10 are from 4th Generation. My favorite period of Lineol models cheers

But before showing them, I will show something else, which Yvette also got for me.
The Schleich 85 anniversary golden lion.
Now I can also join the big celebration of all collectors cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And then, here comes all these magnificent , historical models :

Arn`t they all wonderful ? sunny
The artist , who made them : Albert Caasmann , was soo tallented sculptor.
From 1919 to 1952 was the lead designer and production manager for the company.

My collection of Lineol models is growing very fast and most of them I have from STS friends.
My first ever Lineol model, was a walking tiger from Kiki.
Then I got some models from Attis.
And then Yvette started to find many of them from my wish list ...which is growing also with the time... and she continues  Very Happy

let`s first see the lions.
I got two great males :

and wonderful lioness with cub :

These join my other lion models from Lineol 4th Generation. All of them from Yvette  Very Happy
And now, I think I have the complete set  cheers :

Next one, this beautiful tapir :

I just love it !
One of the best ever made.

Let`s see this so beautiful Bactrian camel :

Again, one of the best, even not the best one , which I know.
The proportions of body and legs, the position of the legs, especially the hind legs, everything is just perfect.
Mine doesn`t have the best cast. Many of the wonderful fur details are missing. We can see the beautiful model, with great cast, from Kiki HERE But mine has very interesting and beautiful colours. And I love it !

Next one is this great Wisent ( european bison ) :

This time, my model, doesn`t have very nice colours, but it has very nice cast and all sculpted detailes are perfect :)

This black rhino is very iconic Lineol model :

What is very cool of Lineol, that they made figures of real living animals from Berlin zoo.
I am sure, that this was a famous rhino from this zoo...
And even now, we can see in Berlin zoo a black rhino , with huge horns like this model :

I am in love with this Yak :

Since I was a very little boy, this animal was very interesting to me, because of my grandparents,
who was working for two years in Mongolia at that time. They had send to me many postcarts , with Yaks, writing to me, that they see these beautiful creatures around them everywere.
And my dream was to see it on real too...

This Lineol model is again so beautifully sculpted, that I need to show you more photos of it  Very Happy

And now, I kept the most precious for the last.
Recently, Roger got this gorgeous Lineol Sable antelope, again from Yvette  cheers
And shortly after, here I am, the happy owner of it too, again thank`s to our Yvette  cheers

And again, who is the winner of all Sable models ? To many of us, it is of course the Lineol one !
Beautifully sculpted from very tallented hands...

Let`s see more of it :

My dear, wonderful Yvette !
Thank you very much for finding all these great models, in great condition for me.
Thank you ever so much, for taking care of my collection, to grow in this beautiful way.
Thank you for beeing my friend !  sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 8:14 am

Holy, hopping hamster !!!!! What a fabulous flock affraid

Sometimes I am lost for words, but that is not often , - this is really so stunning that I do not know what to say but :

CONGRATULATIONS !  AND HURRAAAY FOR YVETTE cheers bounce queen cheers Very Happy Very Happy

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 10:27 am

One fairy more and we'll call you Cinderella Kosta! Very Happy

Susanne is right, words are missing to describe these treasures, all these replicas seem so realistic and   good looking! They seem to be just produiced!

The sable antelope is the treasure of the treasures! None from the modern brand can be compared..

It's the same for the sculpting of wisent. About its colour, I already met it, sometimes, on Neoform (Denmark) productions..

cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 11:03 am

Oh what beautifully sculpted vintage models!!! So many treasures and what kind people there are here on STS!! Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Hat’s off. an incredible addition Kosta ! You know the best faieries of the world and you deserve it
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Wonderful Kosta! I think that's the topic with the most epic arrivals. Even a vintage crazy macaque that I thought was already retired. Laughing cheers
IV generation of Lineol is also my favorite vintage line of ever and it is also thanks to Yvette that I see now these additions not dreaming with them but being a fortunate owner of some of these fabulous models. I think from this group of ten, I only miss the lion males and cub. They're all masterpieces being the sable probably on top but I want also to mention that yak, it is perhaps the less accurate of all these figures but it is a monumental piece. I always feel something special when I watch it. I wonder how is it with you with all these good memories with the postcards from your grandparents. The bactrian camel is pure perfection and I could go on and on. cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Thank you so much for your lovely comments friends  cheers

Caracal wrote:
One fairy more and we'll call you Cinderella Kosta! Very Happy

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Actually, you know what ? I have one more fairy .. a bulgarian fairy  Very Happy  She is not very active here, but ... yes, she is my fairy number 3.
So, saying that, I think, I just got my new name : Cinderella Kosta!  Laughing  lol!

Kikimalou wrote:
Hat’s off. an incredible addition Kosta ! You know the best faieries of the world and you deserve it

Oh Kiki, you don`t know how happy I am to see you here  cheers  cheers  cheers
Please, come more often to us  sunny

Roger wrote:
They're all masterpieces being the sable probably on top but I want also to mention that yak, it is perhaps the less accurate of all these figures but it is a monumental piece. I always feel something special when I watch it. I wonder how is it with you with all these good memories with the postcards from your grandparents.  

Wonderful memories I have with the postcards of my grandparents ... and I have also one very special ring from my grandmother,
from Mongolia. It is a ring with two heads of mongolian horses in a hug pose. Very beautiful one.
And because I don`t use rings on my fingers, I wear it on my neck 24 hours.. :)
I wander, why do you think, that the yak is not very accurate Roger ? :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Lovely old models, they surely don't make them like that anymore. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Glorious and wonderful old classic models! Applause Applause

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 9:48 pm

Congratulations, Kosta. All these oldies are truly magnificent. As always, I really enjoy seeing your photos.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 1:13 am

costicuba wrote:

Roger wrote:
They're all masterpieces being the sable probably on top but I want also to mention that yak, it is perhaps the less accurate of all these figures but it is a monumental piece. I always feel something special when I watch it. I wonder how is it with you with all these good memories with the postcards from your grandparents.  

Wonderful memories I have with the postcards of my grandparents ... and I have also one very special ring from my grandmother,
from Mongolia. It is a ring with two heads of mongolian horses in a hug pose. Very beautiful one.
And because I don`t use rings on my fingers, I wear it on my neck 24 hours.. :)
I wander, why do you think, that the yak is not very accurate Roger ? :)

It is accurate Kosta. I just told it is perhaps the less accurate and I am comparing it with true masterpieces even if I haven't considered the lions in my comment. When I received my yak, these horns seemed oversized, they should probably be more flatenned or so to not give such a massive impression. However, after reading your comment, I've found that is not difficult to find pictures of real wild yaks with massive horns. I really adore that figure and do not let my comment to break your enthusiasm. It is my favorite yak and I absolutely love the Schleich and Papo models.

lol! I've watched the Happy Feet video you posted. I was talking exactly about it although the end of the performance seems more my personal style. Wink

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 2:25 am

Thank you very much Paige, Taylor and Roger :)

Roger wrote:
I really adore that figure and do not let my comment to break your enthusiasm.

lol! I've watched the Happy Feet video you posted. I was talking exactly about it although the end of the performance seems more my personal style. Wink

No, no, for sure you don`t break enthusiasm with your comment, I am asking because I am always open to learn more, from others oppinion Wink
Yes, the horns are very huge and no typical for yaks , but like you, I also saw photos of yaks , with very big horns :)

And about the Happy Feet video , I like your style Very Happy

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 7:36 pm

Fabulous additions Kosta! You're definitely being spoilt this year Wink Smile

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:18 am

Thank you Adam :)

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 6:11 pm

These oldies are phenomenal Kosta :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 4:54 am

widukind wrote:
These oldies are phenomenal Kosta :)

cheers cheers cheers

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Kosta, I am very happy, that all the figures arrived well in Bulgaria.
I see your collection is growing, probably the " Lineol fever" has got hold of you and surely your Lineol collection will grow in the next months.
You made very nice and interesting presentation with great photos.

The most beautiful model is of course the sable antelope, a highlight for every collection.

Costicuba wrote:
Again, one of the best, even not the best one , which I know.
The proportions of body and legs, the position of the legs, especially the hind legs, everything is just perfect. Mine doesn`t have the best cast.
Many of the wonderful fur details are missing. We can see the beautiful model, with great cast, from Kiki HERE But mine has very interesting and beautiful colours. And I love it

I agree with you. Probably the Bactrian camel by Christophe is an older one from the 1940s.
At that time, the moulds were not yet "worn out" like the moulds in the end of the 50s and beginning of the 60s. Therefore the camel by Christophe has a better cast.

Costicuba wrote:
I am sure, that this was a famous rhino from this zoo...

You are right, the rhino by Lineol is Mtoto from Berlin Zoo:

There are  some famous animals by Lineol  from the Berlin zoo.
Famous examples are the little elephant Orje and his mother Aida. There is a very special story about these two Indian elephants.

You already have Orje in your collection, maybe Aida would be a candidate for your wish list too ?  Wink  elephant  flower

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 2:09 am

Thank you very much dear Yvette sunny
And I am very happy , that you showed the famous Mtoto from Berlin Zoo,
with these real photos. I was searching for them, but I couldn`t find it... Instead of it, I found these from the present rhinos in Berlin Zoo..
Yes, I already have Orje thank`s to you :) And of course I like very much Aida too sunny

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 10:09 pm

You are welcome Kosta. The upper picture is from a newspaper article.
It shows Mtoto in his Berlin enclosure on the left side of a postcard. On the right side shows Mtoto as composition figure by Lineol. The lower picture is the postcard.

arrow Now to Orje and his mother Aida. sunny

flower First a photo from Orje and his mother Aida. sunny

arrow Now the composition elephants Orje and the Lineol story about his mother Aida by Albert Lineol.

In the photo you see the Asian elephant calf Orje from the Berlin Zoo. The sculptor Albert Caasmann also sculpted his mother Aida.
But the directors by Lineol where not happy for 100% with this model, because they thought an elephant model without a tusk would not sell so good.  
An elephant figure with tusks is much more attractive for the buyers, especially for the children. So, in order to be able to sell this elephant model better, Lineol gave Aida tusks.
But in real, only the Asian elephant bulls have tusks, not the female elephants. That´s the story, why Aida by Lineol has tusks. study
Both models are made for generation IV. (First from 1939-1940 and also from 1940-1960 with new article numbers).

sunny Here together with Mtoto.  sunny

sunny For generation IV, Lineol also had a beautiful African elephant in its programme. (1940-1960).  sunny

arrow Recently I discovered this homepage about zoo elephants. It is a german homepage but you can choose from 5 languages. Also Aida and Orje are on it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

study [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)   Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kosta is getting wonderful models from a generous friends :)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next