Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!

Go down 
+40
Caracal
Tarunyada
Kikimalou
Pardofelis
sbell
normal fox
lucky luke
PeGe
pm64
SUSANNE
landrover
barracudacat
terrorchicken
spielgerg
AnimalKingdoms
Ana
Saltaperic
halichoeres
Duck-Anch-Amun
john2xtheman
arafan
SeanieP
Ludichris1
ze_neto
urbnvampslayer
Fossa
Tupolew Tu-154
Taos
Ravonium
Bloodrayne
widukind
NightLioness
LukaLeon085
VASILIS
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
WhiteLightning Wolf
Roger
Megaptera
zosenwoans
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 12:44 pm

I love the Hyena I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you  I love you

Kingfishe, Merino sheep, Lop rabbit, Pariah cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Manatee Llioness  Leopard seal  Alpaca  Alligator cheers  cheers  cheers

Hedgehog  sweet

Zebra Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Mad

Dove Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Horned lizard  No question No question
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Oof, after seeing the close-up the horned lizard looks much less impressive.

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 5:52 pm

halichoeres wrote:

and the mantis looks better...for the most part. The tarsi (feet) appear to end in tapering points, but that's OK by me.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 7:05 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

and the mantis looks better...for the most part. The tarsi (feet) appear to end in tapering points, but that's OK by me.

That doesn't sound too egregious. Good to see some arthropod representation!
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Ravonium

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 7:08 pm

While the dove is a bit underwhelming (I personally wanted it to be either a European turtle dove or a wild-colour rock dove), I think I'll still buy it on the grounds of there being plenty of albino feral pigeons/rock doves, which are part of the same species as what this is meant to represent (a domestic pigeon).

I'll also buy the manatee, as it appears to be, by far, the best representation of one in the toy market, and, if it is appropiately sized, the piranha.

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Fossa wrote:
thanks for sharing!!.

as an absolute hyena lover, that one looks tempting, but it looks like a striped hyena with spots.

I agree.
The spotted hyena has rounded ears, while this figure has pointed ears.
Like a striped hyena.
study

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 pm

I updated the first post with the pictures provided on the mentioned blog. I really believe the resolution of my screen is distorting pictures once some really look strange. I agree about the hyena, likely the mould does not work for a spotted hyena. They should ask our help as Mojö Fun did in a humble way with the oryx. The zebra is also quite poor figure. It does not match the current standards when compared with other zebras on market. I am not even very excited witht he lioness, it looks on steroids but in an exagerated way. They also keep using generic names on most figures although I added the species name in some even when I am not sure. I don't want to be too negative, I usually get surprised positively with Papo figures when I have them in hands. Some are very promising as it is the manatee, the mantis and the alligator. :)

Ludichris1

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 12:34 am

Yeah... time will tell!
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 4:12 am

Was this all? Where ist the fantasy and medieval range?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 5:03 am

I thought the same thing about the hyena. Most of the actual sculpt features are striped hyena, but the paint job is spotted. Spotted hyenas aren't so fluffy either.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spielgerg

spielgerg

Country/State : united states washington state

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 5:42 am

That new hippogriff is really nice! I'll probably try to pick that up at some point!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
Fossa wrote:
thanks for sharing!!.

as an absolute hyena lover, that one looks tempting, but it looks like a striped hyena with spots.

I agree.
Like a striped hyena.
study

I agree, too! Very Happy The neck looks especially similar to Striped Hyena, AND it has longer fur on the back, that would be Striped Hyena feature too! I didn't notice this long fur on the back before but on the higher resolution picture it's possible to see. Hopefully they will update the paintwork when possible Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 9:41 am

Ana wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Fossa wrote:
thanks for sharing!!.

I agree.
Like a striped hyena.
study

I agree, too! Very Happy  The neck looks especially similar to Striped Hyena, AND it has longer fur on the back, that would be Striped Hyena feature too! I didn't notice this long fur on the back before but on the higher resolution picture it's possible to see. Hopefully they will update the paintwork when possible Smile

We have striped hyena from collecta...so i think that  we need a  spotted Hyena with ....pointed  ears
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 pm

halichoeres wrote:

the horned lizard could be quite good if we can elucidate the species it represents. Some have less armature. It somewhat reminds me of the short-horned lizard in the US but I am not familiar with the Mexican fauna
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 4:02 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
halichoeres wrote:

the horned lizard could be quite good if we can elucidate the species it represents. Some have less armature. It somewhat reminds me of the short-horned lizard in the US but I am not familiar with the Mexican fauna

I agree short-horned looks like the best bet as far as I know. But I can't get over the feet, they don't look like the feet of any lizard I've ever seen. If this were a tube-sized figure they'd be understandable, but I'm guessing this will be a larger model, so the feet look uncharacteristically crude.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 am

Ana wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
Fossa wrote:
thanks for sharing!!.

I agree.
Like a striped hyena.
study

I agree, too! Very Happy  The neck looks especially similar to Striped Hyena, AND it has longer fur on the back, that would be Striped Hyena feature too! I didn't notice this long fur on the back before but on the higher resolution picture it's possible to see. Hopefully they will update the paintwork when possible Smile

I though it looked "off" too for a spotted. So Im going to pretend its a cave hyena. Cool

I like the new lioness and my Safari Buckbeak gets to have a new friend! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 4:33 am

I like that hyaena, it seems to be a cave hyaena or a dinocrocuta. ^^

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Do anyone knows which breed the white Pigeon is?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 12:04 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Was this all? Where ist the fantasy and medieval range?

Have you seen this link? ... maybe it is not everything yet. scratch

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 12:55 am

Thank you. I hope for more releases. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 am

Lioness are really nice! Applause
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Thanks for sharing these pictures!  To tell the truth, the only ones that interest me seem like they're not of Papo's usual quality.  The prehistorics either look like rehashes of earlier (or other studio's) designs or have strange poses, and the hyena is surprisingly inaccurate.  I would have guessed this was a striped hyena instead based on the ears and pose.  I also find it strange that few if any of the major companies released new dogs this year (I know we still have yet to see more from Papo, but their usual is just one or two per year).  I guess I'll have to keep looking elsewhere for new additions.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 pm

I'm thinking I'll buy : the Common kingfisher , short horned lizard, dove, alpaca and merino sheep.

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Liking the lop rabbit-again nothing new but looks like a nice model.The Merino looks great and a new sheep breed is always welcome!!!The Salers cow is an old model as I have this!The dove I would assume is a white domestic pigeon/rock dove.

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Taos wrote:
Liking the lop rabbit-again nothing new but looks like a nice model.The Merino looks great and a new sheep breed is always welcome!!!The Salers cow is an old model as I have this!The dove I would assume is a white domestic pigeon/rock dove.

Do you know the exact breed name of the Pigeon? After all, there are many white Pigeon breeds out there:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!   Papo 2019 releases with official pictures! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2019 releases with official pictures!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next