Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison

Go down 
+3
costicuba
Roger
A.R.Garcia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison Empty
PostSubject: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 7:39 am

This comparison focuses on three Safari Ltd bison: the 2008 model, the 2014 white model, and the 2018 model. The first two bear a distinct resemblance to each other. The 2018 has a more dynamic pose, comparable to the even earlier Safari model, which I don't have for comparison. Some other brands are included further below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The two brown bulls with the 2005 and 2014 Schleich models:

All together, along with Mojo (far left) and Battat (top left):

A note: The Battat has a hump shape and style of hair that seems to depict a wood bison (Bison bison athabascae) rather than a plains bison! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyThu Nov 29, 2018 12:33 am

Wonderful topic, Andy! I think all three Safari bison figures are very good! The newer one is more realistic but as you mentioned, the older one has a more dynamic pose and it is quite detailed. Curiously, the American bison I use in that scale is the old Papo, far from being the best but I really like it. Laughing Another nice point is that they all look great together and, evidently, the fact that the Battat ressembles more a less represented subspecies, brings also extra interest to it. Very Happy

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 3:29 am

This is one very very nice comparison topic , made by Andy ! Applause Applause Applause
I really love Bisons , but I don`t have all these models, so it was a pleasure to find this topic,
which some how only Roger found it .. scratch Very Happy
Thank you Andy !

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Great pics, thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 4:52 pm

These are very helpful, thank you

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Gosh !!! Good that Roger Kosta found this topic !!!
How could we miss something so great for almost 2 years ??? affraid Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

You know, - I have always thought the white bison was the same as the brown one, but it clearly is not Embarassed

Thankyou very much for great comparisons  Applause Applause

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:57 am

SUSANNE wrote:

You know, - I have always thought the white bison was the same as the brown one, but it clearly is not Embarassed

Yes ..and I still don`t have this white bison ... but I saw a special one, which maybe will come to leave with me .. bounce Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 am

costicuba wrote:
Yes ..and I still don`t have this white bison ... but I saw a special one, which maybe will come to leave with me .. bounce Very Happy

Wink

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 10:34 am

Many thanks Kosta for finding this post after almost two years.

Andy, a fantastic post and I find it amazing that all these different companies selected a similar scale for their bison figures.

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 2:25 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
This comparison focuses on three Safari Ltd bison: the 2008 model, the 2014 white model, and the 2018 model. The first two bear a distinct resemblance to each other. The 2018 has a more dynamic pose, comparable to the even earlier Safari model, which I don't have for comparison. Some other brands are included further below.

The two brown bulls with the 2005 and 2014 Schleich models:

All together, along with Mojo (far left) and Battat (top left):

A note: The Battat has a hump shape and style of hair that seems to depict a wood bison (Bison bison athabascae) rather than a plains bison! Very Happy
Very nice bison!!! I have most of these ones in my collection too. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison   Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Safari Ltd Bison: a comparison
Page 1 of 1