Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horrible newer Reisler :-D

Go down 
+6
ken yeo
widukind
HKHollinstone
Roger
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Horrible newer Reisler :-D Empty
PostSubject: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Many years ago when I was a child, the Reisler figueres were made from very hard and brittle plastic. So tails, antlers and legs broke easily when handeled.

Therefore they were kept behind glass in the toyshop where I sometímes came. Often the glass was full of marks after noses and small fingers in child-height Laughing

Ohhhh, the fragrance, when the glass was pushed aside, and the bliss, when the lady took a figuere out and wrapped it up and handed it to me.

Late in the 20th century Reisler changed to a much softer material, - all the charm was gone in my opinion Crying or Very sad

For many years I never saw them in the shops, - most toyshops had changed productline, first to Britains and some 6 - 7 years ago to Schleich.

So I had never seen these packs before, when I got one in a Danish auktion a few weeks ago.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The quality is really not very good. Not much better than the cheap ones you could get for nearly no money in plastic-nets in the supermarkets. So it is no wonder that Reisler could not compete and finally had to shut down in 2008

I happen to have a brown bear of the same mold as the polar bear in the pack, perhaps the old, original one to the left is nothing special, but to me it has so much more charm. There is no comparison Mad

Anyway, now that I am older, my disgust at the "rotten" Reislers has faded, and I wished I had bought a lot of them up through the years Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 11:23 pm

I know Susanne, I know...

I used to play with very hard plastic Starlux when I was young, and it is very hard to admit that all the hardsoftplastic like Britains or Schleich or... are at the same level of quality...

Of course they are, but I always have to make an effort to overcome my cultural a priori Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:24 am

Very interesting Susanne! It looks you are preparing yoursel to STSpedia!!!
I can't understand you completly because when I was a young boy plastic figures were already very popular but not available in my small village, the only I remember and only the animals and not the brand, was a group of unpainted animals, some in a dark plastic and others in a white plastic.
But in this forum I learned that those we use in our childhood are always the most perfect! If you play 10 years with a plastic lion your brain creates the image of a real lion based in this figure! So, when you see a real you think that, even real, is not very accurate! Wink
Schleich marked completly newer generations, and people who played with Schleich take some time to understand that sometimes the different figures from other brands are much more accurate! We see it when Schleich people see for the first time one of the very nice Papo figures, for example!
Of course not all Papo figures are better than Schleich and Schleich has a respectful quality, but some Papo reached a high point of quality!
Of course Schleich have a fantastic zebra, Safari a excelent anteater, CollectA a indisputable swan, but Papo have a lot, gnu, lioness, okapi, hippo, crocodile, etc. ... are we changing for a Papo generation or the nice figures of Mojo will surprise us???Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:50 am

That's great you won some and mint in the packet too - what's the little animal in the bottom right corner?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:03 am

Thank you. Two wise men spoke, it is very interesting for me to read your comments.

Christophe, - you were lucky to grow up with Starlux, they are wonderful.
Did you not think that f.eins. Schleich were big and clumsy when you saw them after Starlux ?

Roger, yes, you open my eyes. Because of course the first Reislers were NOT perfect. F.inst the brown bear in my picture above is really a polar bear with brown colour Laughing

And talk about proportions, Phil Laughing

The quality of the paintwork is not even good, when I look at a photo.
You are right, Roger. I see them still as the magic gifts of childhood, - so many years after.

We lived in very small villages, there were no toyshops, so it happened perhaps one or two times a year that I came to a toyshop, and often my mom said that no, no, you must wait till your birthday No

Ha, ha Me writing this reminds me of Monty Python`s Flying Circus where two very old men were talking about ALL the things you could get for a penny in the Good Old Days, - and even get change cheers lol!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:07 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
That's great you won some and mint in the packet too - what's the little animal in the bottom right corner?

Hi, Harriet Very Happy
The little one is a panther cub standing, the plastic reflects, it is relly not that thin Very Happy

http://www.dyr-og-dimser.dk/36068163?i=36598973
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:16 am

Roger wrote:
Very interesting Susanne! It looks you are preparing yoursel to STSpedia!!!
Of course Schleich have a fantastic zebra, Safari a excelent anteater, CollectA a indisputable swan, but Papo have a lot, gnu, lioness, okapi, hippo, crocodile, etc. ... are we changing for a Papo generation or the nice figures of Mojo will surprise us???Very Happy

And colorata? Very Happy

Andreas
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 am

widukind wrote:

And colorata? Very Happy

Andreas

They are fabulous !!!!
But unforyunately almost impossible to get hold of in Europe Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 am

My childhood-animals was by VEB Plaho. I think they looks good and the quality was good- this is my opinion.

But i also played with small Britains Ltd-animals, and they looks really not good. But the material is better then hardplastic.

Andreas

Last edited by widukind on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:25 am

But the antelopes by Starlux are very very good.

Kikimalou wrote:
I know Susanne, I know...

I used to play with very hard plastic Starlux when I was young, and it is very hard to admit that all the hardsoftplastic like Britains or Schleich or... are at the same level of quality...

Of course they are, but I always have to make an effort to overcome my cultural a priori Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:30 am

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

And colorata? Very Happy

Andreas

They are fabulous !!!!

That's it Andreas, I don't have Colorata, in photos the figures looks fantastic but I can't give an opinion. Sad :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:40 am

widukind wrote:
But the antelopes by Starlux are very very good.

They are not only good, Andreas, - they are WONDERFUL cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

And colorata? Very Happy

Andreas

They are fabulous !!!!

That's it Andreas, I don't have Colorata, in photos the figures looks fantastic but I can't give an opinion. Sad :)

I've got some, maybe a lot, COLORATA and it's true they are great models from a great company.

But they can't be sold in Europa because of european laws so they will stay "Collectors only" models Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thank you. Two wise men spoke, it is very interesting for me to read your comments.

Christophe, - you were lucky to grow up with Starlux, they are wonderful.
Did you not think that f.eins. Schleich were big and clumsy when you saw them after Starlux ?

Before I looked at the Schleich, I was already discovered and start collecting the big LINEOL and HAUSSER. Wink

Susanne, I was not more lucky than you. The REISLER are great too and they built your dreams as STARLUX and CLAIRET built mine.

Actually, the REISLER bactrian camel is still my favourite among the camels I have Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

And colorata? Very Happy

Andreas

They are fabulous !!!!

I've got some, maybe a lot, COLORATA and it's true they are great models from a great company.

But they can't be sold in Europa because of european laws so they will stay "Collectors only" models Wink

Thank you collector Christophe!:)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for sharing Susanne! I can't remember anything like that when I was young. In fact I stop playing with animal toys when I was about thirteen. By some flash back memory "most of the animal toy was made of Hong Kong or Singapore during that time and hardly any chance to come by european brand. partly it could be a luxury item to buy that in the 70s to 80s. Only get in touch with animal toys about 3 years ago.

Anyway is a fruitful evening for me to have some understanding of the past.

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Congrats on winning the auction in the package. I always think it is neat to win items in their original package. Some items have more charm when they are in the original package.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:12 am

What a fantastic win Susanne!
Even when it is from the later years... Rolling Eyes

For everybody, their childhood remembers them on other brands...
I had the Hong Kong and Singapore copies of Britains and other known brands as my first animals, in the 1970's i had my first Britains and Hausser Elastolin, from which i still have a lot right now... cheers
There was no famous Dutch brand, so i always looked out for other famous brands that gave me animals in scale to eachother, and Britains was the brand to have.
I never heard of Starlux, VEB Plaho or Reislers since a few years ago, so how i could know what they made?
Now i have all of those brands, and how happy i am! Very Happy
I wish i had them back then in those years... Rolling Eyes
When i go over e-bay sites, i often recognise models in animals and cars that i had in my youth, and wonder what became of them through the years, and i am getting special feelings because of that...
Besides the things that remind you of your youth, you could think about reality, and most of the older toys lack something, but what does it matter as long as they pleased you in your youth and right now? scratch farao

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:05 am

Thankyou to everyone flower , - I don`t know why I lost treck of this string Shocked

Yes, Willy, you surely have a great collection. Like you I do not mind if an old figuere is not in perfect shap if it has theis "something" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezhilan

Country/State : india

PostSubject: old toys   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:11 am

hi mam,i read about ur local brand.i understand how u would have felt it when young.in my young years,i searched only for animal toys in a packet.each time i buy them with only a few new animals in the total 12,the moment i left the shop,expected to reach home as soon as possible for playing. i never saw them as educational,or just other toys.i felt them as real.i would buy no other toys in ashop.nothing would make me happier than buying them. sometimes my dad would take me to market for buyin groceries in a cycle.he already would tell me today no toys.in the market,after seeing the toys,i will be very adament,cry,even tear his pocket.i had many beatings and finally bought many such sets.those good old days
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Very Happy Ezhilan, I had a good laugh, - I can just imagine your poor father with a little boy who screems for plastic toys , and everybody looking Laughing Laughing

You are so right, for me they were not toys or education, they were real animals !

My Dad was an officer, so I did not dare to make scenes, - but little girls have other ways to make Daddy`s heart soft : Ohh, you are so strong and clever, you are the best Dad in the world Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:12 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
- but little girls have other ways to make Daddy`s heart soft : Ohh, you are so strong and clever, you are the best Dad in the world Wink
Very Happy he couldn't refuse then Laughing I'm afraid I used to sulk and cry when I wanted something. My poor dad Neutral

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:24 am

My dad was an professional soldier to, but he was always kind to me, and bought me many animal models... cheers

But as a child, i have to admitt, nobody got anything done by me, only if they bought me some plastic animals, haha...
I was the little best man at the marriage of my oldest brother, and i only wanted to do so, if he would buy me my animal-toys afterwards... Embarassed
There is even a picture where i am asking him this in front of the altar, where he and his future wife were sitting, waiting to give the "yes-word"... geek
But ok, i was 6 years old, for me every moment was same good to ask for my beloved toys... cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:53 am

Laughing Children are so wonderful, but sometimes it can be hard to see Mad

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Laughing Now I know why Willy is not married! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horrible newer Reisler :-D   Horrible newer Reisler :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Horrible newer Reisler :-D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next