Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 3:41 am

This group of dinosaurs has high quality . Applause Applause

I would like have the camarasaurus.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 4:02 am

Great batch again. You cannot go wrong with Doug's models.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 am

Dinosaurs too,? Nice choice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Wonderful dinosaurs. Especially the Spinosaurus is a must have.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Got this in the mail yesterday, the western capercaillie Tetrao urogallus by Schleich. It's amazing after 20 years, this is the best figure of this species available (and probably the only one you have a chance of acquiring, even though it is retired). This will probably be one of my next two blog reviews...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 5:39 pm

Big congrats! It is a lovely model. Worthy of any collection.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Oh my you got one of my holy grail figures, congrats Blaine!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Big congrats! It is a lovely model. Worthy of any collection.

Thanks Paige, I knew you would be excited to see it!

Advicot wrote:
Oh my you got one of my holy grail figures, congrats Blaine!

Yeah, there are a couple on US eBay now!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Yes, it is a wonderful model Very Happy

Congratulations with getting it sunny

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 9:08 pm

I should have waited a few hours to post the pic of the capercallie, since I got two packages in the mail today LOL.

First are some CollectA figures:
1. †Lisowicia bojani
I was going to wait a while to get this, but the more pics of it posted to DTF and DTB, I couldn't wait LOL.
2. megalodon, †Carcharocles megalodon
This replaces the Safari figure in my collection. It is big, but not overwhelmingly so.
2. †Moropus sp.
3. Jacob sheep, Ovis aries
I have the Papo Merino sheep, but have wanted this one for a while. I don't mind multiple sheep breeds. I won't focus on them, but I don't mind getting more of this species if it is a good example of a cool or unusual breed.

The second parcel was the remaining Wing Mau snakes collection. I bought these from NMR_Okapi!!! I am going to be lazy and not list all the Latin names now, but I will review the entire set for the ATF and STS with individual pics, later today or tomorrow:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 1:48 am

wonderful day full of packages! Congrats again.

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 10:02 am

Wonderful new models Applause
I also have the capercaillie. But I got this one back in the 90ies.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Wonderful additions, especially the snakes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 pm

I just got the retired Schleich striped skunk (Mephitis mephitis) to replace the one by CollectA. The paint of the Schleich model is a little more stylized, but I think it is more realistic (especially for the head). Also, the more I look at the CollectA model, the more it looks like a juvenile animal.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 am

Congratulations

Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm

I agree fully. This is the skunk that has been in my collection, and I will not be replacing it because in my opinion it is the finest modern skunk figure, especially in terms of painting (and the tail sculpting, which I particularly like).

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 pm

Very nice, and one of my two striped skunks

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:28 pm

Time to finish off the images on shelves (at least for the vertebrates). Only the hoofed mammals remain.

Bottom shelf are the perissodactyls (horses, rhinos, tapirs, and kin), prehistoric hoofed mammals without modern associates, and the start of the artiodactyls (pigs, hippos, peccaries, and some extinct taxa).

Next shelf up are more artiodactyls: deer, camels, giraffes, and the start of the bovids, with most Bovini, proper (cattle).

Next shelf up are remaining bovids, including oryx, antelops, sheep, goats, and kin.

The top shelf are the cetaceans

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:55 pm

very beautiful display which shows the figures very well, congrats Blaine! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 11:35 pm

Schleich capercailie is like The Famous Grouse, the older, the better. drunken
Your striped skunk looks great! Is it the made in Germany version?
Your group pictures are absolutely impressive, choosing always the best according with your taste and the result is fabulous! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 12:46 am

Very nice collection again! What brand is your kiang model? (I assume its an artists work rather) Very great displays. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 1:23 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Very nice collection again! What brand is your kiang model? (I assume its an artists work rather) Very great displays. Very Happy

Hi Paige, yes the kiang is from Likaon Models.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 9:15 am

Phantastic again

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:02 pm

If I were going to get into extant tetrapods, it would definitely be via ungulates. This is a great display.

Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Very amazing, I always love looking at your collection photos

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next