Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 6:03 pm

I love it I love you
Seeing your synoptic animal collection and the presentation really makes my heart jump. When I start replacing older models by newer, Ill will surely use your collection as example!

Where did you get those "stages"?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Beautiful display. The antelopes are especially a joy to see!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
I love it I love you
Seeing your synoptic animal collection and the presentation really makes my heart jump. When I start replacing older models by newer, Ill will surely use your collection as example!

Where did you get those "stages"?

Thanks everyone. The stands, both the flat ones and stairs, were bought from Display Case Art (https://www.displaycaseart.com/)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 1:16 am

Time for the third wave of dinosaurs. I probably won't be betting too many more, at least until 2021 releases come out. I do plan on getting the remaining Safari ceratopsians, since they are probably my favorite dinos.

First up, three theropods: Carnotaurus sastrei, Anzu wyliei, and Coelophysis bauri.

I really like the size of the Anzu; I wish the Citipati was closer to this size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next, three Ornithischia: Pachyrhinosaurus canadensis, Sauropelta edwardsorum, and Psittacosaurus mongoliensis.

I also got some 'non-dinosaur' dinosaurs, including three 'swimmers': Kronosaurus queenslandicus, Ichthyosaurus communis, and a Tylosaurus species.

...and one 'flyer': Pteranodon longiceps (I wish more pterosaurs were in a resting pose).

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 9:21 am

Beautful !!! cheers

The Psittacosaurus, Anzu, and Coelophysis are among my favorites, - they are all great models Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 9:19 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Great picks Blaine

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Excellent selection! I really need more mosasaurs in my life. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:55 am

I enjoy especially the marine reptiles, they're fascinating creatures. Your choices are all really great!

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2020 11:04 am

They are wonderful. Especially the Ichthyosaurus is amazing.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 3:14 am

I really enjoy these figures, especially the pteranodon.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2020 3:15 am

It went in twice, sorry.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 12:10 am

A few critters over the last week or two, including two retired figures I have been after and the only two 2020 CollectA figures I want that are not arthropods:

1. brown pelican, Pelecanus occidentalis (Safari Ltd.)
Wow, this is an amazing piece. Great detail, even down to the fish in its mouth (the angle in my pic doesn't do it justice). While this is technically the same sculpt as my American white pelican by Safari, the latter is the 2016 release that doesn't have the fish (so, they don't look like repainted clones lol).
2. raccoon, Procyon lotor (Papo)
This figure replaces the Kaiyodo Capsule Q figure in my collection. It is not often a Kaiyodo figure gets replaced, but this is my favorite raccoon figure. The Kaiyodo figure was a tad too small, and while this one is maybe a tad too big, it is not too big for my tastes (the Safari NAW figure for example, is too big for me).
3. Tyrol grey cow, Bos taurus taurus (CollectA)
Maybe the best cow figure ever LOL
4. mountain gorilla, Gorilla beringei beringei (CollectA)
Wonderful sculpt, but a tad smaller than I thought it would be. It's actually a little bit smaller than my two lowland gorillas, which is the opposite in nature. That's OK; it's still a fantastic piece!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 12:36 am

Surely a joy to find the brown pelican. That model is not easy to find anymore and there aren't more brown pelicans to enjoy these days. Curious your choice for that raccoon. I gave a new owner to mine once I've found it unpleasantly large. Considering my current taste, it is not large anymore. Laughing
Gorilla seems bulkier than I expected, I will need to check some reviews before taking a decision.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the mountain gorilla has been reviews on the Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 am

Four fabulous finds cheers

I know you have been looking for the wonderful racoon for some time, - and the pelican is - as Roger says - extremely hard to find Very Happy

The gorilla and the cow are still on my "maybe"-list, but your pictures are so much better than the photos in the catalogue Applause

Thankyou for the link :
bmathison1972 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the mountain gorilla has been reviews on the Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 1:11 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

Thanks, that's a great blog entry from Suspsy! It also explains somewhat why I think this figure looks bulkier than expectable and why these arms are so short. According with Suspsy, this is a feature of that subspecies. However, I think they continue looking short to me. It is a great model anyway.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 5:31 pm

Oh congrats on the pelican AND raccoon! I am glad the amazon link worked out for the latter. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Wonderful newcomers. Finally, you've got the Tyrol Cattle. I've ordered it also, but mine doesn't has arrived yet. But I'm glad it looks so good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 1:56 am

Some random updates.

First, the Tortoise Home by Schleich. I bought this for the adult, to use as a Russian tortoise (Agrionemyx horsfieldii)

Next five of the Wing Mau lizards. Like the Wing Mau snakes, the set represents rarely-made North American species. I didn't get all of them (they were in a lot I bought from WhiteLightningWolf), and I didn't keep all them in the lot. Because lizards have more complex morphology than snakes, it was trickier to make these look accurate. But I am happy with these five. Clockwise from top center:

1. desert iguana, Dipsosaurus dorsalis
2. southern alligator lizard, Elgaria multicarinata
3. Arizona night lizard, Xantusia arizonae
4. five-lined skink, Plestiodon fasciatus
This figure had been made into an ink pen, so by removing the ink cartridge, it leaves a hole where the mouth would be. It's OK for now.
5. collared lizard, Crotaphytus collaris

The lot also included three Play Visions reptiles:
1. panther chameleon, Furcifer pardalis
Like the skink, above, this figure was repurposed as an ink pen.
2. yellow-bellied sea snake, Hydrophis platurus
This figure is mislabeled as a 'Malaysian sea snake' (Play Visions mislabels things sometimes)
3. common leopard gecko, Eublepharis macularius
I wanted a Kaiyodo one, but all of them available at any given time are one of the artificial varieties created in terraria. Maybe one day a Kaiyodo figure will replace this one, but for now it works great!

Next up a couple amphibians:

1. red-headed poison frog, Dendrobates fantasticus (Wing Mau)
2. Mozambique rain frog, Breviceps mossambicus (Qualia)

Lastly three birds, a peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus) by Safari and two chickens, a Silkie by Papo and an Ameraucana by Safari. The falcon replaces the CollectA one in my collection. I liked the pose on the CollectA figure, but mine came with a horrible paint job. I had been tossing around replacing it with the 2019 Safari figure and now that I did I am happy. The Safari figure is outstanding!! The chickens were ones I had been considering, but after a recent discussion about the lack of chick breeds as figures (?), I decided to go for them.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 8:24 am

Those three birds are wonderful choices.
You are so totally right about the falcon, and, yes ! Those chickens are so great Very Happy
I am just surprised you also have chickens now Laughing

The purchase of the Schleich turtels is also a bit of a surprise, but they are really neat !

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 12:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Those three birds are wonderful choices.
You are so totally right about the falcon, and, yes ! Those chickens are so great Very Happy
I am just surprised you also have chickens now Laughing

The purchase of the Schleich turtels is also a bit of a surprise, but they are really neat !

I've always considered getting more poultry breeds, like I did cattle cattle (but not horses, dogs, cats, and most others).

For the tortoise, I am only retaining the adult; it makes a nice Russian tortoise
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Nice additions! I will wait for the turtles if I can get only the adult (due to the price) and it´s funny with the farm animals. For me it´s the same, I collect some poultry breeds and rare cattle, the same for pigs, sheeps and goats, but I have no interest in more horse, dogs or cats breeds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next