Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

repaint Starlux leopards

Go down 
+17
sunny
Ana
costicuba
rogerpgvg
landrover
Advicot
jarda
Kikimalou
Roger
Robert
SUSANNE
Taos
Tarunyada
Pardofelis
widukind
Bloodrayne
Caracal
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

repaint Starlux leopards Empty
PostSubject: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 1:27 pm

When I was a child, we only played with 1/32 scale replicas, mainly From Starlux and I had few choice with leopards:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the pretty Clairet one (behind on left) and the little Britains one (behind on right) were not availabe in the little city I was closed. So I had (first line from left to right):the "Punch" one  (which seems a big version of Britains one), the Starlux one, 2 rather ugly Prior and a Singapore Britains-like one. Of course, it was difficult at this scale, and in cheap mass production context, to give to these felines the beautiful coat they deserve, so I recently tried to give them back a descent one that I would have like they had when I was playing with!..

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 1:47 pm

.kenyan version..

somalian version..

..persian version..

..Amur version..

..and together..

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm

That is so cool!
I find it very interesting to see the different patterns of spots on these leopards.
Really nice job. They look beautiful.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Thats very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 6:29 pm

Absolutely amazing how a paintwork can completely change the appareance of quality of a figure.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 6:49 pm

thank you Simone, Andreas and Pardofelis, these Starlux leopards are cheap (above all with broken tail!) and easy to find on french ebay.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:56 pm

This is extraordinary! The detail of painting shows how much you care about these tiny figurines, which I can understand after reading the background story from your childhood Smile I love how you put so much detail in such tiny figurines, and I agree with Simone, it's really fascinating seeing all the different patterns! Amazing work!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm

thank you Tarunyada, I'm so glad to congratulate you for your wonderful site where I learnt so much for a few years!! cheers cheers Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Absolutely wonderful repaints and its great to see subspecies being done!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 11:11 pm

thank you Taos! Smile

I also repainted the Elastolin, Clairet, Punch and mini Papo ones:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am

Holy, hopping hamster !!! affraid

This is so absolutely mazing ! I can't believe that you made such wonders out if such tiny, little models Shocked cheers

And already now, 1/2 hour after I woke up, I learned something today cheers Different sub-species ! I had no idea they are so different ! Shocked

Applause, applause for fantastic work ! Applause

Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 10:01 am

Wonderful repaints! Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm

thank you Susanne and Robert! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 11:18 pm

Knowing how small are these figures, it is quite impressive the level of detail you can put on them. You can even paint subspecies in a way that turns these patterns quite faithful to the real thing. Another very pleasant thing is seeing these artistically sculpted French vintage figures gaining life with these superb paintworks. They do not look only as desirable vintage toys with lots of charm but they really look now like real leopards. cat

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 2:03 pm

thank you Roger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Great sacrilege but awesome, fantastic repaint cheers Applause

I love the way you worked on them,you gave to this oldies an incredible new coat,a revelation!

Just one thing about the Elastolin one, it is supposed to be a jaguar,so if you have some more... Wink
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 7:40 am

Not big fan of repaints but I must say that results of your work are simply amazing! Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 9:38 am

Don't worry My french friend!.. I always keep originals ones, and repaint mainly broken pieces!.. but that's right, I think I am more a child-like player than an adult collector!Laughing
..and you are right, I discovered a few time ago on "Toy animal wik" I had repaint an Elastolin jaguar!.. and it's why I have had to make its tail longer!. but yet here, I have another one I 'll keep it on its original feature!..

Thank you for your frank  replay Jarda!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 pm

..and one more (indian version for a friend):

..and with its friends:

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 10:27 am

..and the last Clairet version:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Also very beautiful repaints! You're really good doing it.
I used the chance to read the whole topic and it is a fact, when you was a child, things were surely not easy as they are these days. Now, a kid wants to know where to find a certain animal toy, internet tells it all and we even can order them from Japan or anywhere. During these old days , you knew basically what was available locally or what you could see from other friends or during a trip. It is wonderful all your dedication and that you preserved so many figures from your youth.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Absolutely gorgeous

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 3:08 pm

I am so happy to re-visit this topic !!!
You have a talent the size of an elephant ( The size, not the talent Shocked ) Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 3:17 pm

Laughing Thank you Rogério, Adam and Susanne! :)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards EmptyTue Jun 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Applause Applause Applause
Wow Caracal ,
Your painting technique is very good.

There is high precision in each of the models.

it looks like a robot would have repainted them. flower flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: repaint Starlux leopards   repaint Starlux leopards Empty

Back to top Go down

repaint Starlux leopards
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next