Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

caracal's collection

Go down 
+26
bmathison1972
Jill
George
Joliezac
Advicot
Kikimalou
sunny
Bonnie
Taos
RtasVadumee
spacelab
costicuba
Steve170
rogerpgvg
Tiermann
SUSANNE
75senta75
Pardofelis
landrover
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Megaptera
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
Caracal
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

caracal's collection - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 3:30 pm

Lots of beautiful models.
Papo 50151 dromedary is such a beautiful figure but it is on TAW since it was released in 2013. scratch
I have it and I love it and despite the good job of Schleich with the last model, it still remains my favorite.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 3:57 pm

So many lovely models, I love the first Papo model, it's beautifully made and so realistic! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Roger wrote:
Lots of beautiful models.
Papo 50151 dromedary is such a beautiful figure but it is on TAW since it was released in 2013. scratch
I have it and I love it and despite the good job of Schleich with the last model, it still remains my favorite.

Oh yes I checked again and found it.. at the side of the previous version! Shocked drunken   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Bonnie wrote:
So many lovely models, I love the first Papo model, it's beautifully made and so realistic! cheers Very Happy

.. me too, thank you Bonnie! :)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 4:16 pm

Excellent herd of camelids! I think I have none of your models right now but I'm very familiar and a bit nostalgic of your Britains, that I was playing in my childhood. Smile
Also I need this Papo guanaco, I haven't found it yet..
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 4:47 pm

All of these tiny camels and their tinier calves! Each llama is really great, great new batch of figures you have presented!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Lovely figures! I think Papo makes the best camels, although I need to see CollectA's. The guanaco is one of my favorite figures

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Very Happy  many thanks Constantin, Paige and Jolie!

Constantin and Jolie, you are right, I should have writen "ll ama and Guanaco" for they are not considered as from the same species even if they are very close. :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Beautiful figures of all time, different brands, many sizes.....Big congratulations

cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Big thanks to you both Andreas and Fernando! :)
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2021 2:19 am

wow - that sitting down camel is beautiful !! who knew that such an exquisite little figure could be so attractive. I have never seen this model ever before. This little beauty is on my wish list now:)

and look at those llamas with orange spots, they look so cute:)

I really love seeing your herds. I find them so magical. Every photo is a delight, and thank you for sharing, it is such a treasure to see your many gems Alain!

and by the way, is there nothing that can be done about the acetate ?? today's technology to fix yesterday's alchemy ?

Caracal wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

first raw (in front): 1 Starlux, 2 Plaho/Marolin, 3 Britains
 second raw: 1 AAA, 1 Blue Box, 1 Elastolin

by herds:

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2021 8:36 am

Thank you for your kind words Annette! :)

About the acetate disease, baths of Pevaryl (anti-fongique) are supposed to stop it for a moment but not definitively.. :/
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 12:29 am

Caracal wrote:
Thank you for your kind words Annette! :)

About the acetate disease, baths of Pevaryl (anti-fongique) are supposed to stop it for a moment but not definitively.. :/

ah that's interesting. Hopefully one day there will be a permanent solution.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 pm

Wow, those camels remind me of my earliest childhood.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 pm

The Prior camels are in a great condition, it must be rare to find them in such a condition.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 9:22 am

Many thanks to you both Megaptera and Roger! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 10:21 am

now my suiformes:

the big ones:

first raw (in front): Safari ltd, Schleich, Nayab,
 second raw: Schleich,  2 CollectA

big wild boars:

herd on left side: 6 Schleich
 on right side behind: 2 Papo
 on the top behind: 2 Bullyland
 on right side in front: 1 Nine Product

at more little scales:

first raw in front: 5 Starlux, 1 Safari ltd, 4 Plaho-Marolin
 second raw: 1 Klima (porcelaine), 1 Clairet, 1 repaint BF (lead), 1 Britains, 1 "Singapore", 1 unbranded chinese

some primes:

from left side: Prior, La Roche aux Fées, Jean Hoeffler

by herds:

from Starlux:

I never liked caricatural Starlux boars and there is a loong time ago, I tried to meliorate them  to obtain  more realistic models. The result was not at all as I had hoped but at this epoch I had no model from other brands except the one from Prior I prefered a lot because it was looking far better to the boars killed each week by hunters in my village! I remember, far later, my joy when I got the litlle Sfari ltd one (see above) in a shop museum in Grenoble!

from Britains:

When I discovered this Britains one, I was very happy to find back my old beloved Prior one, better sized and far better carved!

from "Singapore":

from unbranded chinese (repaint):

a long lineage!:

from Paho-Marolin:

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:12 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 10:26 am

Here is a group of animals that I really love.
Anytime there is a party, they are the first I want to invite. pig Laughing
Fantastic selection! Very Happy

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 5:47 pm

What a nice mixture, the red river hog is great to see, and the babirusa.
I've never seen a boar in the wild, so I've no preference for a model type to favour, it's interesting that your favourites are the ones which most match your local wild population. I suppose we all do that a bit, with models of species we know personally.
We do have boar in certain parts of the UK now, but I'm rather glad they haven't made it to my area - my old horse once had a panic attack and bolted down the middle of a road with me, because she saw tame pigs minding their own business in a field, so I dread to think how badly she'd have reacted if she'd ever come face to face with a grumpy wild boar!

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Many wonderful figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm

Ooh the CollectA babirusa is a great size! It would look great with Safari's I think

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 7:24 pm

George wrote:
What a nice mixture, the red river hog is great to see, and the babirusa.
I've never seen a boar in the wild, so I've no preference for a model type to favour, it's interesting that your favourites are the ones which most match your local wild population. I suppose we all do that a bit, with models of species we know personally.
We do have boar in certain parts of the UK now, but I'm rather glad they haven't made it to my area - my old horse once had a panic attack and bolted down the middle of a road with me, because she saw tame pigs minding their own business in a field, so I dread to think how badly she'd have reacted if she'd ever come face to face with a grumpy wild boar!

Here, they are everywhere, even on the edges of town and we see them during the night in the the headlight and even during the day when the weather is so dry  they look for water. At the end of the spring, when I cross the "garrigues",  I walk loudly to avoid to surprise wild sowes with their pups! :)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 7:25 pm

Many thanks Andreas and Jolie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 11:05 pm

Caracal wrote:

from Starlux:

Are the grey boars earlier Starlux? I have never seen them. They are also missing on TAW, I think. I think. They look better to me than the later boars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: caracal's collection   caracal's collection - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

caracal's collection
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next