Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+30
bmathison1972
Joliezac
Spinosaurus
Stripedhyena
endogenylove
Koikinguu
Gecko08
Jill
Taos
George
Roy-Swetsie
Babdo
ikessauro
Birdsage
cmj3
Duck-Anch-Amun
Tiermann
SUSANNE
Dutch Bear
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Advicot
spacelab
rogerpgvg
sbell
aschuck
pipsxlch
Wienerwald
jarda
Pardofelis
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 10:57 pm

This is not a monarch: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Safari_Toob_685504_Monarch_Butternly

it is a Siderone: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Scarlet_leafwing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 11:20 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
This is not a monarch: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Safari_Toob_685504_Monarch_Butternly

it is a Siderone: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Scarlet_leafwing

Thanks Blaine, it wis being marketed as a monarch but I should have noticed it is not. Sometimes we try to edit as fast as possible to give good use to the time tdedicated to it that some obvious things fail. I had no idea what it was but surely I can see it is not a monarch.

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 12:57 am

I was just looking up Basilisk and came across this:

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Basilisk

Where the Nayab actual animal is combined with a figure of the mythological version...instead of with the Plumed Basilisk page!

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Hyena-circle

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 8:46 pm

Indeed LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 2:05 pm

some new suggestions for TM butterflies:

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Toy_Major_Large_True_Forester

I do think now this is Cairn's birdwing, Ornithoptera euphorion. Looking at the original Club Earth figure that was probably the basis for this trend, there is faint pink/purple on the forewings (it's very subtle). I think these figures with more pink are just stylized O. euphorion! Here is a pic, starting with the Club Earth figure and showing variation in other figures that it inspired:

From left to right, top to bottom:
Club Earth; unknown (CE knockoff); US Toy; Toy Major; Insect Lore

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 20220220-060119

And with that, I am considering this one the common birdwing, O. priamus:

https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Toy_Major_Cairns_Birdwing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 8:00 pm

Thanks Blaine, I followed your suggestions and I hope I haven't messed it. Laughing The large true forester was really something unusual...

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 8:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Blaine, I followed your suggestions and I hope I haven't messed it. Laughing The large true forester was really something unusual...

the links are fine but on the main page 'common' is spelled 'bommon' ;-)

I was never comfy with the forester as an ID, but since some of these are painted 'upside-down', it was something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 8:36 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

the links are fine but on the main page 'common' is spelled 'bommon' ;-)

I was never comfy with the forester as an ID, but since some of these are painted 'upside-down', it was something to consider.

I fixed it too, now I am only not sure the mold letters are correct, I forgot to check it before editing.
I think you're right and the tendency is that the species tend to be the same among all these similar sets.

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 5:16 pm

I didn't really know where to put this, but I found some info on some deep sea figures.

First, Safari's Toob Dragonfish is the Black Dragonfish, or Idiacanthus atlanticus.
Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Blackd10
Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Safari11

And according to someone on ATF, AAA's Hatchetfish is actually a Spiny Hatchetfish or Polyipnus spinosus (apparently, the figure's green coloration is based on an old set of trading cards, but I don't have any information on those cards).
Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Aaa13810
Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Oip13

Also I heard that Safari's Toob Viperfish is a Pacific Viperfish, but it got so much wrong about the Viperfish it's better off where it is.

Also check out my collection here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t24843-gecko08s-updated-collection#479813
Crocodile Haydn Crocodile
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 10:57 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
I didn't really know where to put this, but I found some info on some deep sea figures.

First, Safari's Toob Dragonfish is the Black Dragonfish, or Idiacanthus atlanticus.

And according to someone on ATF, AAA's Hatchetfish is actually a Spiny Hatchetfish or Polyipnus spinosus (apparently, the figure's green coloration is based on an old set of trading cards, but I don't have any information on those cards).

Also I heard that Safari's Toob Viperfish is a Pacific Viperfish, but it got so much wrong about the Viperfish it's better off where it is.

That's the right topic for your suggestions.
I added the species pages on TAW and moved those two figures to each page. I am not that convinced about the hatchetfish but I moved it anyway.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 8:40 pm

What about the Plaho Rhinoceros, it is called White rhino on TAW but mine has clearly a Black rhino mouth, what about other members models ?

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 VEB_Plaho_Rhinoceros_3
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Andreas' figure also seems to have a black rhino mouth and this model has a short head too, I think on TAW it is a mistake.

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 4:00 am

The schleich 2020 hammerhead looks to be a Great rather than scalloped
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 5:19 pm

Koikinguu wrote:
The schleich 2020 hammerhead looks to be a Great rather than scalloped

From the angle of the picture we see on TAW it is not so obvious but watching other pictures I believe you are right. i will fix it then, thanks.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 7:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Andreas' figure also seems to have a black rhino mouth and this model has a short head too, I think on TAW it is a mistake.

I changed it Wink
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 11:52 am

For the PV ocellate sea star, it is listed as Nectria ocellata on the main page: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Play_Visions_Starfish

But as Nardoa novacaledoniae on its own page: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Ocellate_sea_star

Nectria appears to be the better of the two
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 12:10 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
For the PV ocellate sea star, it is listed as Nectria ocellata on the main page: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Play_Visions_Starfish

But as Nardoa novacaledoniae on its own page: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Ocellate_sea_star

Nectria appears to be the better of the two

It is Nectria ocellata and the link and description are correct, only the classification table is wrong. As I was the only editor of that page, I know what happened, I copied the page from another species, replaced the link and the description but forgot to replace the scientific name and related data. Thanks for checking it, I think it is right now.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 1:45 pm

this is a question rather than a correction

On TAI, the Kaiyodo NMJ Ryukyu spiny rat is listed as T. muenninki (https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Kaiyodo_NT_Muennink%27s_spiny_rat); however, someone on ATF posted it as T. osimensis. Both are broadly called 'Ryukyu spiny rat'.
Does anyone know if there was a paper or booklet specifically stating which?
thanks
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:01 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
this is a question rather than a correction

On TAI, the Kaiyodo NMJ Ryukyu spiny rat is listed as T. muenninki (https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Kaiyodo_NT_Muennink%27s_spiny_rat); however, someone on ATF posted it as T. osimensis. Both are broadly called 'Ryukyu spiny rat'.
Does anyone know if there was a paper or booklet specifically stating which?
thanks

and this post, which might be the most reliable, has it as T. tokunoshimensis

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t19362-kaiyodo-natural-monuments-of-japan-collection-endangered-animals-31-40-50

However, T. tokunoshimensis was described four years after the figure was made ?!?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:20 am

I opened the page on TAW but it was in 2014, so a long time ago. At that time this rat was called Muennink's spiny rat. 

In 2018 Kinojun opened a few topics about the Natural monuments animals, he named the rat a Tokunoshima spiny rat. You noticed that it can't be the most reliable source since the species wasn't describe when Kaiyodo made this model.

And now in 2022 someone is calling it Ryukyu spiny rat on ATF, maybe only because it is called like that on ebay now...

Silly us Laughing

More seriously, I can't find a booklet about it in my collection but I used Muennink's spiny rat because it was named like that at that time and not Ryukyu.

For me it would be better to stay as it is now.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:41 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I opened the page on TAW but it was in 2014, so a long time ago. At that time this rat was called Muennink's spiny rat. 

In 2018 Kinojun opened a few topics about the Natural monuments animals, he named the rat a Tokunoshima spiny rat. You noticed that it can't be the most reliable source since the species wasn't describe when Kaiyodo made this model.

And now in 2022 someone is calling it Ryukyu spiny rat on ATF, maybe only because it is called like that on ebay now...

Silly us Laughing

More seriously, I can't find a booklet about it in my collection but I used Muennink's spiny rat because it was named like that at that time and not Ryukyu.

For me it would be better to stay as it is now.

The ATF post is from 2012, not 2022, and it is from a (generally) very reliable source
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:43 am

Which one ?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:45 am

http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=99.msg984#msg984
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 12:52 am

No, I mean which reliable source ? 

Maybe it is a Ryukyu spiny rat, maybe it is a Muennink's spiny rat. In the absence of concrete proof, I propose to let the page as it is.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 1:02 am

Kikimalou wrote:
No, I mean which reliable source ? 

Maybe it is a Ryukyu spiny rat, maybe it is a Muennink's spiny rat. In the absence of concrete proof, I propose to let the page as it is.

that poster is the reliable source

anyway, one of Brett's clients got the magazines, and he is looking into it for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki   Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrections for Toy Animal Wiki
Page 15 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next