Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recur dinos etc sold by S&N

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Recur dinos etc sold by S&N Empty
PostSubject: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Almost by reflex I bought some new Science & Nature models on the net, but was quite disappointed when I got them.
They do not have the usual S&N-charm. ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...and actually they are marked RECUR, so they aren't even S&N models.
The y are not marked with species, but that is mentioned on the S&N-tag.

They are small models, which could be ok, but both material and paintwork look more like the models you get cheaply in a plastic bag in the supermarket  Rolling Eyes
Well, here they are :

T-Rex, S&N-Item no 75930 .
So ugly, it is almost funny  Laughing

Triceratops, S&N-Item no 75931
Quite cute, if the price had been 1/3  Rolling Eyes

Stegosaurus. S&N-Item no 75932
I sort of like this little one.

Pteranodon ,S&N-Item no 75933
The model is not marked with brand, made-in, or anything  Rolling Eyes
Perhaps the worst of them all.

S&N-Item no 75934
Spinosaurus, - looks like it was made in the 1980's Shocked

Carnotaurus, S&N-Item no 75935
I like this strange , little critter  Laughing

Brachiosaurus, S&N-Item no 75936
Ok little feller.

Green sea turtle, S&N-Item no 75965
Looks like any cheap model.

Bearded dragon, S&N-Item no 75966
Very flat Laughing

Now, the question is where theese should be placed in TAI , - RECUR or S&N ? Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 9:27 pm

You are just like me. Sometimes we don't make the best decisions just because we have a collector's insatiable curiousity. . Laughing
If you're not too happy with them, it means a lot once you always found some charm in this kind of figures. I also find something special in that stegosaurus, it has a vegetable charm. Laughing The carnotaurus looks like some kind of Anime monster.
I believe the turtle and bearded dragon are traditional S&N, aren't they?
Well, you placed a good question. Should we list these dinos as S&N or Recur? At first, I thought they should be listed as Recur. Though, they are sold by Science and Nature and their product numbers match S&N style. I will check if these belong to Recur regular range or if they were made exclusively to S&N. If the first is the correct, we could list them as Recur and put a link on S&N page to the Recur series. If the second is the correct, we can list them on S&N and mention that they are marked and made by Recur. Let me know if you need any kind of help. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks, Roger !! Good to know I am not the only one who make that kind of silly mistakes Laughing Laughing

The turtle and bearded dragon are also made /marked RECUR, and the same kind of material Rolling Eyes
There is also a lion, but I didn't get that one...perhaps somebody else did ? cat

Thankyou, if you can find something to help us getting this right on TAI. Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 2:19 am

Thank you for this interesting topic Susanne :)
Hmm, actually I can find some charm in some of the models , like the Triceratops and Stegosaurus..
even I like the Carnotaurus :) But you are right... the price is too high for models like this.
If they were Toob models, then maybe the qalitly of them would be ok...
But dear friend, don`t be too disappointed of them ... I`m sure, with the time you will find some charm on some of these dinos :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 am

Thankyou, dear Kosta Very Happy

You are right, - bein disappointed doesn't do anybody any good Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 pm

I can't find these Recur figures being offered in Recur's website. Maybe they were exclusively made to Science and Nature. Even if they are listed under S&N, I don't really know where to put them exactly although there are already some editing work referring to these figures. It was made once I was convinced the non prehistoric were S&N products.
I am starting missing a lot the old S&N concept. Their design was simple but I still own loads of their small figures. I want S&N back.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 am

I remember, that I have seen these models somewere on the forum before...
and now I found them.
Roger, check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , here last year Recur had present these mini dinos to us, together with some other animal mini models Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 11:19 am

costicuba wrote:
and now I found them.
Roger, check [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , here last year Recur had present these mini dinos to us, together with some other animal mini models Wink

Ohh, yes !! There they are ! And I could have known how little they are, if I had just remembered Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 11:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:
and now I found them.

Ohh, yes !! There they are ! And I could have known how little they are, if I had just remembered Wink

... and I can't remember seeing them before. I've probably missed the last posts of this topic. Thank you Kosta for Pointing me to it. They will be listed as Recur then and as soon as the Wiki is available for editing work again. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Recur dinos etc sold by S&N   Recur dinos etc sold by S&N Empty

Back to top Go down

Recur dinos etc sold by S&N
Page 1 of 1