Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!

Go down 
+13
Rio
lucky luke
aandmkw
Kristie
ken yeo
MartinH
Kikimalou
SyLoBe
atabini
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gast

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:10 pm

the head of the lion is in normal scale, its look large becoz the photographing angle i took.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 6:21 pm

monsterhouse wrote:
the head of the lion is in normal scale, its look large becoz the photographing angle i took.

I agree, we can see it in the last picture! :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Papo "King of the Jungle" (male lion) is still the best(Their Lioness is PURRFECT). In second place the Safari ltd. Wildlife Wonders Lion! Now, Safari's 2011 lion is a less detailed(definitely not as good) version of the WW Lion!
NOW, I'd like to see Papo make a similar larger version of the KAIYODO sleeping lion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Basically they take the King of the Jungle lion and just make him in the Kaiyodo sleeping/resting position!!!!!!!! C'mon Papo with your sculptors, it's not to tough to do!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Well, Papo already understood that they are a reference in lions! Since 2004 we have 3 adult lions and 4 adult lionesses, anyway, the only difference in poses are those with one paw up, I don't believe in an adulte lion with 4 paws up! :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:25 pm

The Kaiyodo lion, has the front paws and hind leg up, the other hind leg is just slightly up. A variation of that would be awesome! I think it's a great piece(Kaiyodo), just way to small, that's why I would like one Papo King of the Jungle size! Imagine a resting lion figure, escaping the hot African sun, lying under a custom acacia/Schleich acacia!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm thinking more in a convencional lying pose as Robert suggested! ...and a resting diorama is much more realistic, why we want dioramas with walking and running figures if they are truely stopped??? scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Roger wrote:
I'm thinking more in a convencional lying pose as Robert suggested! ...)
Exactly, that's the pose in which they spend majority of their days

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:37 am

They(Papo)should make a female lioness figure lounging position, to be placed right next to his majesty!
How cool would that look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon, do I have to think of everything...lol
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:25 am

Well, those are a lot of male lions to see here! Shocked
After all, i think, the last Schleich is not even so bad, specially in proportions, as the Papo has to big head, legs and paws.
The newest Safari is not bad, and the new mojo of course!
Now i can put and show you some lions here, but as they are far over 100, it is better to go visit them here:

http://www.collectorsquest.com/collection/1475/my-lions

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 am

WOW! Willy !
You do have many lions Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Well, those are a lot of male lions to see here! Shocked
After all, i think, the last Schleich is not even so bad, specially in proportions, as the Papo has to big head, legs and paws.
The newest Safari is not bad, and the new mojo of course!
Now i can put and show you some lions here, but as they are far over 100, it is better to go visit them here:

[url=http://www.collectorsquest.com/collection/1475/my-lions
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collection/1475/my-lions[/quote[/url]]

Yes, I know your lions collection! Laughing
I started collecting lions because I love this animal but I've found your collection in CQ affraid ...and now I'm collecting foxes! Laughing
Now I think some of my lions need a new owner... scratch
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 pm

The new Safari ltd lion isn't as nice as their Wildlife Wonders lion!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 2:29 am

The Wildlife Wonders have some nice figurines, but they are big in the first place, and secondly, they seem to be a little bit rough... Rolling Eyes

And yes, i have a big lion collection, but i will get rid of a lot of them, as i want my collection have more quality, not only quantity! Cool
This means, that i will keep only the older brands, and the models that really look like a lion, and not only something like...
But as sellings are no good on ebay, i will have to wait i guess... Laughing Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4