Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Various AAA Animals for Documentation

Go down 
+8
Kikimalou
Caracal
Pardofelis
Roger
aschuck
landrover
widukind
VexVamp
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 8:45 pm

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], after working a long time on wild cats section with almost 100 different figures identifyied, I got tired and now I am working on Wild Dogs section. Laughing
This one is much easier once wolves seem to exist only as variants of five different moulds: Howling large, holwing medium, howling small sitting, lying and pup sitting. I risk always to fail and find many more in the future.
I assume these 3 you show here are the exact same mould only in different colours.
They seem to be also the howling large version.
Could you please take a comparison picture of the trio with a famous friend as you did with the others? I suspect the figure measures 7 inches, more or less 18 cm long. scratch

Just added the photo, and sent a message with the exact dimensions.

Many thanks for the conclusive picture and measurements provided. It is really useful and show clearly how large are these figures. Their medium howling wolves are larger than Schleich or Papo, more or less the size of a Safari Vanishing Wild but these ones are much larger! Shocked

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2019 12:09 am

Roger wrote:
VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], after working a long time on wild cats section with almost 100 different figures identifyied, I got tired and now I am working on Wild Dogs section. Laughing
This one is much easier once wolves seem to exist only as variants of five different moulds: Howling large, holwing medium, howling small sitting, lying and pup sitting. I risk always to fail and find many more in the future.
I assume these 3 you show here are the exact same mould only in different colours.
They seem to be also the howling large version.
Could you please take a comparison picture of the trio with a famous friend as you did with the others? I suspect the figure measures 7 inches, more or less 18 cm long. scratch

Just added the photo, and sent a message with the exact dimensions.

Many thanks for the conclusive picture and measurements provided. It is really useful and show clearly how large are these figures. Their medium howling wolves are larger than Schleich or Papo, more or less the size of a Safari Vanishing Wild but these ones are much larger! Shocked

You're very welcome. Yes, these howling wolves are almost the largest in my collection, second only to this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] They're also very dense and heavy, clocking in at 9 ounces each.
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 pm

Tiger siting, leopard? with paw up, lion cute and cow standing added in the first post are now at the Toy Animal Wiki. Thanks!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 1:40 pm

Could anyone confirm? These two lions are on 2004 Wild Republic catalogue. The standing lion is clearly the same presented in this topic. Though, the snarlink lion, despite looking very similar to other AAA models, seems to be different and the size provided does not match the infomration I have about AAA models. Any info about it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is a catalogue picture with some AAA lions.

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 6:20 am

Roger wrote:
Could anyone confirm? These two lions are on 2004 Wild Republic catalogue. The standing lion is clearly the same presented in this topic. Though, the snarlink lion, despite looking very similar to other AAA models, seems to be different and the size provided does not match the infomration I have about AAA models. Any info about it?

Here is a catalogue picture with some AAA lions.

Upon closer inspection I realized that the snarling lion is actually not marked AAA. It looks so similar to the authentic AAA models and so dissimilar to the copies that I don't think I even thought to check. Sorry about that. I also added a new figure, a baby crocodile, to the bottom of the list, with the Safari Ltd alligator for size comparison.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 2:39 pm

The fact that your roaring lion is not marked is an interesting information.
It doesn't mean it is not a genuine AAA model.
AAA figures sold by Wild Republic are not marked .
Coicidentally, almost all AAA unmarked figures I am aware, belong to North American members, being USA the home of Wild Republic.
It almost could determine that a AAA figure not marked is a Wild Republic model but things are not that easy.
It also could support that your roaring lion is the same we see on WR 2004 catalogue but I suspect your model is 8,5 inches long while we can read on catalogue that the WR version is 6,5 inches long. The mane also looks different to me.

But let's look at your crocodile. It is also found on WR2004 catalogue being sold as a crocodile baby together with an adult.
Is your croc marked AAA? Also, any mention to the fact that it is a baby? Well, if not, it is a baby anyway.

Looking at the adult crocodile, something misterious also happens.

I've just received from Paige this picture of an AAA crocodile and she pointed me to the Safari WS crocodile.
See Paige's AAA crocodile

Now check the Safari model from Christophe's collection.

Safari 272729 Crocodile from 1999! Shocked That's not the end of the story once I am convinced the Safari croc story is not yet completely told.

Another interesting aspect.
It is evident that Wild Republic made an effort to cover up the original manufacturer of these figures.
They are not marked with AAA, their official pictures are different from those we know from AAA and even the painting is tendencially different from the most common variations we know.
Look at your 3rd wolf painting. I've never seen it before. Now check how it matches perfectly the figure on WR 2004 catalogue.
Could you check if this specific wolf is marked with AAA logo?

Wild Republic 2004 catalogue

3rd variation wolf of Hawk's collection

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 7:18 pm

The baby croc VexVamp presented us is part of the ELC baby wild animals set Smile

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 8:57 pm

Advicot wrote:
The baby croc VexVamp presented us is part of the ELC baby wild animals set Smile

Great! I linked the ELC wild babies set to this crocodile baby.
I don't have a picture of that ELC set. Do you have it or do you think you can identify them through AAA section at the Wiki? If you can, I will be able of completing the ELC set on TAW.

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Roger wrote:
The fact that your roaring lion is not marked is an interesting information.
It doesn't mean it is not a genuine AAA model.
AAA figures sold by Wild Republic are not marked .
Coicidentally, almost all AAA unmarked figures I am aware, belong to North American members, being USA the home of Wild Republic.
It almost could determine that a AAA figure not marked is a Wild Republic model but things are not that easy.
It also could support that your roaring lion is the same we see on WR 2004 catalogue but I suspect your model is 8,5 inches long while we can read on catalogue that the WR version is 6,5 inches long. The mane also looks different to me.

But let's look at your crocodile. It is also found on WR2004 catalogue being sold as a crocodile baby together with an adult.
Is your croc marked AAA? Also, any mention to the fact that it is a baby? Well, if not, it is a baby anyway.

Looking at the adult crocodile, something misterious also happens.

I've just received from Paige this picture of an AAA crocodile and she pointed me to the Safari WS crocodile.
See Paige's AAA crocodile

Now check the Safari model from Christophe's collection.

Safari 272729 Crocodile from 1999! Shocked That's not the end of the story once I am convinced the Safari croc story is not yet completely told.

Another interesting aspect.
It is evident that Wild Republic made an effort to cover up the original manufacturer of these figures.
They are not marked with AAA, their official pictures are different from those we know from AAA and even the painting is tendencially different from the most common variations we know.
Look at your 3rd wolf painting. I've never seen it before. Now check how it matches perfectly the figure on WR 2004 catalogue.
Could you check if this specific wolf is marked with AAA logo?

Wild Republic 2004 catalogue

3rd variation wolf of Hawk's collection

Hmm, that's interesting. The crocodile is marked AAA and 'Crocodile' with a number 2 on the tail. Yes, the wolf is marked AAA. If it helps, the lion's exact dimensions are 8 3/4 inches long (from nose to tail tip), 2 3/4 inches wide (between front paws), and 3 3/4 inches tall (from the top of the head to the ground). Its belly is marked 'Made in China' and 'Lion' but curiously, upon closer inspection, it looks like something on the original mold was covered before the figure was cast, as there's a smooth bit of plastic with what looks like letters or numbers showing through. That would fit with your theory that Wild Republic didn't want the AAA name on their models. Here's what it looks like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 9:57 am

Yes Roger I have the whole set, and I can tell which figures belong:

AAA_Brown_Bear_Cub_standing
AAA_Tiger_Cub_Sitting
AAA_Lion_Cub_with_Paw_Up
AAA_Black_Panther_Cub_Wandering
AAA_Leopard_Cub_Walking
AAA_Panda_Cub_paw_out
AAA_Hippopotamus_Baby
AAA Chimpanzee_Adult_Standing
AAA_Polar_Bear_cub_walking

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 3:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks for all informations. I am taking note of them. So your lion is the 8,5 inches version. All sources I've found about this model are providing the same size. Either the WR catalogue is providing a wrong size or it is a smaller lion figure we still don't know. That detail about the lion marking is really delicious. Pity the wolf is marked AAA or it could work as a paradigmatic support to my theory. It is also good to know that the baby crocodile is not marked with baby. That's also traditional in AAA models what turns sometimes hard to determine what is a baby and what is a smaller version of an adult. It is not innocent, it gives more modularity to their range. The number 2 on that croc is also intriguing, it probably means it belongs to a set or a pair of babies.

Adam, thanks for providing the complete list. Amazing how you can easily distinguish the moudls of the wild cats walking or wandering, the page is now complete, here! with links pointing to the respective AAA figures. However, some doubts still subsist and I am not Sherlock Holmes and you are not Watson, though, we can make a good pair. What do you think is the chimp really an adult used as a baby in this set or it is actually a baby? As your models are exactly those sold by ELC, I'd love, when you have the chance, that you check if your models are also marked with a number or letter as it happens with @Hawk's crocodile. study

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 5:03 pm

I may be away from my collection (1hr 1/2 till I return) but I know all my collection inside out and I can tell you this:

Every figure I have from the set is marked AAA in a circle with no item numbers but names such as Leopard and chimpanzee are presented on them :)

Hope it helps

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 2:34 am

AAA cuttlefish! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various AAA Animals for Documentation   Various AAA Animals for Documentation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Various AAA Animals for Documentation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2