Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!

Go down 
+23
Bonnie
spacelab
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Mitsukuni
Chris Sweetman
75senta75
Tiermann
Taos
costicuba
SeanieP
Advicot
Shanti
Caracal
rogerpgvg
widukind
SUSANNE
landrover
Steve170
bmathison1972
RtasVadumee
Tarunyada
Roger
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 6:23 pm

The sable antelope is indeed magnificent, congratulations!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Wonderful additions especially the Lineol Sable! Applause Applause

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Roger, I am so happy, that the figures have arrived safely in Portugal. sunny

And of course I'm glad you didn't miss the postman. santa

Our hobby wouldn't be so exciting, if there weren't these figures on our wish list, which seem unreachable for various reasons. But from my own experience I can say, that one day, suddenly the opportunity arrives to get it for a short moment, often it is a coincidence. - often when you don't think about it. sunny

The rare sable antelope is certainly one of Lineol's most beautiful and elegant animal figures.

For the IV. generation Lineol has released 4 tiger models, two adult tigers and two very young tiger babies. As far as I know, you already have the two adult models, now only the second sitting tiger baby is missing.

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 pm

Caracal wrote:
I had never seen this wonderful sable antelope, what a piece!

Caracal, here in the "old meets young" topic you can see the sable antelope by Lineol together with modern ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] flower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Thanks Fernando, Paige, Tim, Susanne, Adam, Alain, Anna, Roger, Taylor and Yvette! cheers cheers cheers

[quote="75senta75"]Roger, I am so happy, that the figures have arrived safely in Portugal.  sunny

And of course I'm glad you didn't miss the postman.  santa

Our hobby wouldn't be so exciting, if there weren't these figures on our wish list, which seem unreachable for various reasons. But from my own experience I can say, that one day, suddenly the opportunity arrives to get it for a short moment, often it is a coincidence. - often when you don't think about it.  sunny

The rare sable antelope is certainly one of Lineol's most beautiful and elegant animal figures.

For the IV. generation Lineol has released 4 tiger models, two adult tigers and two very young tiger babies. As far as I know, you already have the two adult models, now only the second sitting tiger baby is missing.

Yvette, I must check it better but I believe i don't have the hunting tiger. Though, i don't have my entire collection with me and I may forgeting anything. Surely I will dedicate some time to catalogue my collection as soon as I have it together again.
I see the tiger cub you gave me is missing on TAW, do you know its catalogue number? Is it 315?

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 1:58 am

Roger wrote:
I see the tiger cub you gave me is missing on TAW, do you know its catalogue number? Is it 315?

The Lineol tiger cub I gave you has the catalogue number 518.

Lineol has made four tigers for generation IV. (1940-1960). Two adult tigers and two tiger cubs.

Here are the numbers from Lineol tigers generation IV.

Tiger schreitend -  tiger striding/walking - catalogue number 511

Tiger angreifend -  tiger attacking - catalogue number 513

Junger Tiger sitzend -  tiger cub sitting -catalogue  number 517

Junger Tiger schleichend - tiger cub creeping -  catalogue number 518

Tiger attacking (513)  with young baby tiger sitting (517) on the right and  young baby tiger creeping (518) on the left.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lineol tiger striding/walking (511).

Tiger attacking - catalogue number 513.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 2:17 am

Roger, congratulations first for your new Collecta models ( I was missing some days..) They are all great.
And now to the amazing parcel from Yvette...
I will repeat Paige and Susanne : Wow Wow Wow Laughing cheers
Welcome to the happy owenrs club, of this Safari orangutans family Very Happy
That Lineol Sable antelope ... ahhh .... like Alain said : ''what a piece!''
Every time I am watching it, I am amaized how the sculptor captured so well the magnificent look of this animal.
I am so happy that now you have it in your collection ! It is also my ''secret wish'' from Lineol models ... maybe one day I will be also a happy owner of it .. Rolling Eyes  
And the other models are wonderful. This so old Elastolin Lynx in a great condition.
The Elastolin tiger also look`s really nice ... and I love the pose of the Lineol  tiger cub :)
Big hurray for our wonderful Yvette ! cheers cheers cheers
And big congratulations to you sunny

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 am

So many beautiful models! Congrats Roger, I'm also glad you're having decent relationships with the postmen of this world again!
I agree with all that this Lineol sable antelope is the star of your recent models! Also the Safari birds remind me that I have to check more carefully this company's wings of the world theme, they look really nice! And maybe the Matchie's tree kangaroo and that Caiman too, I hope he's in scale with my hungry jaguar.

What I can't understand is the vanishing wild Orangutans thing, it seems it's some kind of fetish for the experienced collectors that I don't get... I mean they are charming and cute but...

Like Susanne, I'm also waiting for your king cheetah deeper thoughts.  Applause  Applause
Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Wow! I have not seen a Lineol antelope in such amazing condition!Very Happy A wonderful addition to your amazing collection Roger!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 20, 2020 11:51 pm

Thanks Fernando, Paige, Tim, Susanne, Adam, Alain, Anna, Kosta, Kostas and Isabella! cheers

costicuba wrote:
Roger, congratulations first for your new Collecta models ( I was missing some days..) They are all great.
And now to the amazing parcel from Yvette...
I will repeat Paige and Susanne : Wow Wow Wow Laughing cheers
Welcome to the happy owenrs club, of this Safari orangutans family Very Happy
That Lineol Sable antelope ... ahhh .... like Alain said : ''what a piece!''
Every time I am watching it, I am amaized how the sculptor captured so well the magnificent look of this animal.
I am so happy that now you have it in your collection ! It is also my ''secret wish'' from Lineol models ... maybe one day I will be also a happy owner of it .. Rolling Eyes  
And the other models are wonderful. This so old Elastolin Lynx in a great condition.
The Elastolin tiger also look`s really nice ... and I love the pose of the Lineol  tiger cub :)
Big hurray for our wonderful Yvette ! cheers cheers cheers
And big congratulations to you sunny

Thanks for your kind words Kosta! You are surely one of these persons that deserve a Lineol sable in its collection. I know you can see the elegance of this sculpture.I really hope you can get it someday. Christophe waited decades and I waited a little less but soon or later one of these will pop for you. bounce

spacelab wrote:

What I can't understand is the vanishing wild Orangutans thing, it seems it's some kind of fetish for the experienced collectors that I don't get... I mean they are charming and cute but...

Like Susanne, I'm also waiting for your king cheetah deeper thoughts.  Applause  Applause

I couldn't agree more with you about the fetish thing and I ruled my collecting method almost always imune to these instincts. Though, I learned lots of tricks to break my collecting rules. Maybe now I am an experient collector. Wink
Sorry for taking so long to post it but here is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] cat king Sleep

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 4:13 am

Roger wrote:

Thanks for your kind words Kosta! You are surely one of these persons that deserve a Lineol sable in its collection. I know you can see the elegance of this sculpture.I really hope you can get it someday. Christophe waited decades and I waited a little less but soon or later one of these will pop for you. bounce

Thank you very much Roger.
And I am very happy to inform, that one Lineol Sable found me ! cheers ... almost ... Very Happy
Ahh, it was so fast Very Happy
Actually it is waiting for me in Germany .... and it is even not necessary to ask you guessing who found it for me ..
Of course it is our wonderful german fairy sunny cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 1:47 am

Kosta, I am so happy for you and obviously i thought it was Yvette with her magic wand since you started talking about the sable. You will get crazy as soon as you receive it, just magnificent model.
It is also great to see you're finding time again to the forum. Very Happy

75senta75 wrote:
Roger wrote:

The Lineol tiger cub I gave you has the catalogue number 518.

Lineol has made four tigers for generation IV. (1940-1960). Two adult tigers and two tiger cubs.

Here are the numbers from Lineol tigers generation IV.

Tiger schreitend -  tiger striding/walking - catalogue number 511

Tiger angreifend -  tiger attacking - catalogue number 513

Junger Tiger sitzend -  tiger cub sitting -catalogue  number 517

Junger Tiger schleichend - tiger cub creeping -  catalogue number 518

Tiger attacking (513)  with young baby tiger sitting (517) on the right and  young baby tiger creeping (518) on the left.

Lineol tiger striding/walking (511).

Tiger attacking - catalogue number 513.

Yvette, thanks for all this useful information. Numbers were wrong at the Wiki and I fixed it thanks to you. flower

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 3:01 am

That little tiger cub is so precious! Congrats on all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 pm

Roger wrote:
Yvette, thanks for all this useful information. Numbers were wrong at the Wiki and I fixed it thanks to you. flower

You are welcome, Roger! flower

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2020 2:21 am

Roger wrote:
Kosta, I am so happy for you and obviously i thought it was Yvette with her magic wand since you started talking about the sable. You will get crazy as soon as you receive it, just magnificent model.
It is also great to see you're finding time again to the forum. Very Happy

sunny cheers sunny

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 2:01 am

Here a little update with two Papo figures I bought locally. Actually, I ordered it immediately as these figures were anounced by Papo because these are two species I knew I wanted.
However, as these shops never get what I ask, I confess I forgot about them. Luckily they called me and I needed to get them, of course.
I hesitated about the jackal, after the fabulous [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The "Authentics" style of these eyes are really demotivating but fortunately it in real is not as absurd as in these close ups. The model is small, almost fox sized and it is actually a nice figure. I am glad I got it.
The cormorant also joined my collection. It is relatively small, a new tendency of Papo with birds but that's again a nice figure and a very interesting species.
I also received a few Nayab from Sue and Lesley but I have to show next time once these pictures represent the end of life of my camera. It got definitively useless and I cannot use it anymore. I will need to find a way to manage my mobile phone camera next time.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 2:35 am

Two fantastic figures, big congrats! I think the jackal continues to divide collectors, but I think it will also add a few varieties of unique to our shelves.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 3:33 am

Very nice Papo models. congrats Roger. Applause Applause

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 11:52 am

Thank you so much for sharing, it's so useful to see the Papo Jackal in real life! I see what you mean about the eyes, but since it is a canid I hope to add it to my collection at some point Very Happy !
And the cormorant is a lovely unusual species!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 2:38 pm

I see that your main focus for Papo 2020 were the same as mine. I also recommend you the mole.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 pm

More and more people get this jackal - I am still planning on it! However, the more I see the cormorant, the less enthusiastic I am about it, especially since I have one by Kaiyodo (they are however, different subspecies probably).
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2020 8:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Regarding the cormorant - I had the same meaning when I saw some photos showing the figure with malformed beak - but I got one in perfect shape and I am very satisfied (I have the Kaiyodo too)...
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 1:55 am

I was sure, that you will like seeing this jackal on real, Roger Very Happy
It is really nice sculpted model. And when a small figure like this one, is on our hands, it looks much better, than on close up photos.
Congratulations for both models .
I am also waiting this cormorant ... it has to come today bounce

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:05 am

jarda wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Regarding the cormorant - I had the same meaning when I saw some photos showing the figure with malformed beak - but I got one in perfect shape and I am very satisfied (I have the Kaiyodo too)...

Thanks Jarda!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 2:14 am

Thanks everyone, I am glad you like my two models. Very Happy

RtasVadumee wrote:
I see that your main focus for Papo 2020 were the same as mine. I also recommend you the mole.

Thanks, after seeing pictures of the mole on forum, I am sure I will add it to my collection. :)

bmathison1972 wrote:
More and more people get this jackal - I am still planning on it! However, the more I see the cormorant, the less enthusiastic I am about it, especially since I have one by Kaiyodo (they are however, different subspecies probably).

I will use my model as an European shag (Phalacrocorax aristotelis) - Cormoran huppé - in French, until someone find a more convincing identification.
It is black, with black legs, yellow on the base of the bill, small crest, blue eyes and honestly I count 12 tail feathers what is correct for this species, great cormorants have 14 tail feathers. However, it is hard to count and you should never trust in my eys. Laughing
The small size also helps because this species is smaller than a great cormorant but that's just a convenience.

costicuba wrote:
I was sure, that you will like seeing this jackal on real, Roger Very Happy
It is really nice sculpted model. And when a small figure like this one, is on our hands, it looks much better, than on close up photos.
Congratulations for both models .
I am also waiting this cormorant ... it has to come today bounce

You were surely right. As Christophe used to say, very sharp close-up pictures are often cruel and your pictures are so good that the same is valid for you. I hope your cormorant arrives soon.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!   1 - Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's 2020 Arrivals - 19th October update with two new Papo models!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next