Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer Empty
PostSubject: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptySun Mar 22, 2020 11:45 pm

I got this set of goldfish 4ish years ago, a Hong Kong vendor found them for me. He didn't know the maker, though I think they may be a Japanese blind bag figure, possibly as a promo for a fish food manufacturer. After not seeing them again for a few years, I now see them being sold as Japanese Beam. Does anyone know anything about them? I am looking for information for the Toy Animal Wiki. They each had their own bag (which was the same for all), and a pamphlet unique to each. I have taken photos of a bag and 1 of the pamphlets, and the fish pictured in it. Thanks!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 5:20 am

No i don’t, HOWEVER,

JPD = Japan Pet Design. The logo matches. “Japan Pet Design Co., Ltd. is a company with a long history of about 200 years. Since its establishment in 1819 as an aquarium fish farm, JPD has been involved with the aquarium fish. It was reported that the goldfish bred by JPD, due to its good quality, was even honored as a present to the Shogun, the highest man of power and authority of that time in the 19th century.

The experience and technology acquired and accumulated for all these 200 years, from generation to generation, have served as a strong foundation of JPD. We at JPD, with the long and rich experience, have been developing various high-quality medicine and food products for aquarium fish.”

SO the page in the pamphlet with weight in grams is and advertisement for their koi fish food

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:20 am

WOW ! affraid
Beautyful fish, and it seems there are many to collect cheers

And WOW ! affraid
Laura, how on earth did you translate that study Shocked Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 11:52 am

Laura always surprised me with a special research talent, even for Japanese language. We can use some apps or translating tools but hardly we have a result as good as what Laura provided here. cheers

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 1:32 pm

Thanks, Laura! That's amazing, I guessed about the fish food from the photos but was lost otherwise.

Well, Roger? Does JPD work? Laughing

I can send photos of all the figures if you like, I have them taken but will be at work at least until Tuesday night.
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 5:03 pm

I went to the website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is where i got the company info. and also tried looking thru the facebook page. But i can’t tell you about the fish themselves. Or what the translation is for anything else.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
I went to the website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is where i got the company info. and also tried looking thru the facebook page. But i can’t tell you about the fish themselves. Or what the translation is for anything else.

I can not open that. But it could be very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer   Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone read Japanese? Goldfish of uncertain manufacturer
Page 1 of 1