Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for identical figures in two different colors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
micmic

micmic

Country/State : Greece

Looking for identical figures in two different colors Empty
PostSubject: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to create a custom board for the game Jungle.

This game uses two sets of Elephant, Lion, Tiger, Leopard, Wolf, Dog, Cat and Mouse.

So I'm looking for single-color figurines that would have some kind of scale. I don't need or want life-size scale of course, but I'd like the elephant to be bigger than the lion, the lion than the tiger, the tiger than the leopard, and so on. That's the pecking order of the game.

If I can find the exact same figures in two colors, that's fine. But a single color would do too; I can paint half of them.

I'm also not fixed on those exact animals, though I'd like to keep the Elephant and the Mouse. According to the game rules, the Mouse can kill the Elephant and this fits well with the popular myth that Elephants are afraid of Mice. But if I have a Hyena instead of Leopard or a Cheetah instead of a Wolf, that's fine.

The animals must also have a rather small size so that they can fit on a board square. I'd say max length of about 7cm for the Elephant.

Any ideas ?
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forum.
I'm not sure if you need identical figures in two colour variants - i.e. figures with the same mould. Or just two similar-sized figures of the same species???
If the figures must be identical except by the colour, then take a look a the thread "Show our yours - Congas" that shows multiple paintjob variants of the same figures. They may not have the species you want, however.

If you just need two similar figures even if they're in different poses or slight different in size, then you have a really wide range to choose.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Hi, and welcome here Very Happy

Pardofelis gave good advise, the tite is here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The thing about size could be a problem with most standard brands. They are too large.
I was thinking of the old Bullyland models.
They had what they call "medium size" and "large size", and they were actually quite small.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But you will have to find them second hand , on Ebay perhaps or flea markets ?

micmic

micmic

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 10:30 pm

Thanks for the replies!

You are right, I don't necessarily need identical figures. But that's not a problem anyway, since I can buy 2 of each and paint the one set. It will not look nice, but it will do. My problem is the size, and the relative scale of the animals. I don't want to have a weaker piece bigger than a stronger piece.

The size problem is why I haven't ordered the board yet. I knew that it would be difficult to find small figures at a scale. I guess I can make a rather large board if I can't find small animals.

So perhaps I should start by focusing on the relative scale, which is the most important part (because the board can be enlarged and the color can be painted). Can you think of a brand/series that has 8 jungle animals in definitive size increments, from the mouse up to the elephant ?
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyThu Apr 02, 2020 11:17 pm

You might want to look at the different 'tube' or 'toob' model sets. I don't know much about these myself but I'd recommend googling safari Ltd toob sets. You would still need to repaint one set.

Also good luck with your custom board. I created a board game a couple of years ago without quite finalising it. I had pieces painted, a squared out paper board, rules, cards, some scenery etc etc and then tried to perfect it too much and changed the dimensions of the way the pieces moved and therefore had to change some rules and I never got round to finishing it! One day I will...maybe.

micmic

micmic

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 am

Thanks, the toob sets look like they are the perfect size and have all necessary animals. The relative scale may also be acceptable.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 2:02 pm

Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for identical figures in two different colors   Looking for identical figures in two different colors Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for identical figures in two different colors
Page 1 of 1