Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rtas' zoo pics

Go down 
+9
twilighter
Roger
rogerpgvg
costicuba
spacelab
SUSANNE
Advicot
widukind
RtasVadumee
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 11:54 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Both are actually reflected in the water !

oh yes, it's clear now. The grass is very confusing
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Clever photo. I didn't realise that the deer in the foreground was also a reflection, and I wondered why your photo was less well focused than usual.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 12:43 pm

I enjoy that you decided to present rhino pictures on your rhino's day. I agree calves are very cute animals even if they do not match the common sense of cuteness. On zebra's day you're showing a deers but actually the picture has a wonderful striped effect and I am sure there's a shortsighted crocodile around. affraid That's really very artistic and if it was not Kostas pointing to it, I'd surely not guess what it was.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 3:26 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
twilighter

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 11:56 pm

Exceptional pictures [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! Love the stories too :)

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Thank you for your comments guys ! I am glad you liked the reflected deers !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 3:05 pm

I never saw the rhinos, they look really lovely but the mother seems to have a large gash down her face

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Photo-30

Species : Bonobo

Spot : Valley of the monkeys, Vienne, France
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are there more fascinating species than the bonobo and the chimpanzee ? Is there a more interesting topic than their differences as far as social behaviours are concerned ? On the one hand, a patriarchal and tough society based on a very strict social hierarchy. On the other hand, a peaceful gynocracy in which sexual relationships are used to pacify conflicts. Those two ape species are so close and yet so different from each other and I think they reveal two diametrically opposite facets of humanity.
There is a place in France where those opposite sides coexist. It's the Valley of the monkeys, a beautiful park dedicated to primates, the only one in France to keep the rare bonobo. Thus, the apes you see on this picture are among the only representatives of their species in France and in Europe. I was looking forward to meet them and I have to say I was not disappointed. These guys are even more disturbing than the chimps. The resemblance with us is even more striking and they look like more primitive humans than monkeys.

Bonus pic : portrait of an old lady
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 3:53 pm

I always found the bonobos way of dealing with conflict was really really strange, and slightly disturbing.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Nice pictures again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Photo-31

Species : Great white pelican

Spot : La Bourbansais zoo, Brittany, France

White birds in a green pond, I have always liked the color constrast of this picture.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Pelicans are so beautieful

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 2:28 pm

In zoos I have seen two different pelican species: pink backed and great white

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Photo-32

Species : Green whip snake

Spot : Alligator bay, Normandy, France

Another picture from Alligator bay, a large reptile centre close to the famous Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy. The green whip snake is a species which can be seen in Europe.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Green? It looks blue/black to me Neutral Very epic photo, and for some reason it looks like I've seen this photo before

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Nice snake

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySat May 09, 2020 2:48 pm

Photo-33

Species : Giant anteater

Spot : La Bourbansais zoo, Brittany, France

This one may please Roger.
La Bourbansais is the closest zoo from my hometown, it's a small park without pretention but it was one of the first in France to keep giant anteaters. Anteaters were very rare in French zoos when I was a child and I remember being very excited when I saw them for the first time in that zoo.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySat May 09, 2020 3:24 pm

All zoos except one I have ever visited hold giant anteaters. They make very unusual sounds and I love how they sleep

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySun May 10, 2020 9:56 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi friends.

The confinement is over in France and I have to go back to work. While most people here are happy to go back to a more normal life, I feel a bit sad since I really enjoyed staying at home without having to face the real world. It was a very good period in my life and I want you to know that I enjoyed spending it with you.

Now, I will have much less time to spend on forum and the daily update of this topic will have to end. Of course, I will continue to post pictures of my collection, it will remain my priority there. But I will post my zoo and wildlife pics much more occasionally now. I will still add new photos when I have time to but it will not be on a daily basis anymore.

Anyway, thank you for all your kind comments about my pics, I was happy to share them with you.

Last edited by RtasVadumee on Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 8:28 pm

We also enjoyed and we will continue enjoying even if it is in a slower basis.
It is good to know you will keep updating your threads. Take care, you will face a somewhat different world.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Photo-34

Species : Golden spiny mouse

Spot : La Flèche zoo, Sarthe, France

Until now, I mostly posted well-known and iconic animals which are not very interesting for people like Isidro. So what about a more unusual and rarer species like this golden spiny mouse ? It is only present in 9 European zoos and the one where I photographed it is not even listed on zootierliste ! I am talking about La Flèche zoo, you know, that very "mainstream" zoo with white tigers, white lions, known for its reality show... Well, it seems that behind the "bling-bling showcase" this park has something more to offer.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2020 1:01 pm

A small animal but interesting specie

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:33 pm

Very beautiful animal. Thanks for showing! Very Happy

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:18 pm

I always resisted to comment in your Zoo and Wildlife photography threads and the main reason is that your photos are so incredibly magnific and unbeatable (overall when compared with my poor photowaste), that I feel that I will contaminate the threads with unaesthetic words. But I cannot resist anymore. A more interesting species and a mention to me... plus an occasion where I'm able to contribute... then I feel the need of write here, hehe.

Spiny mice are interesting as genus, tough there are so many nearly identical species, that as I already have a bunch of them, I lose a bit of interest in gaining new ones. However, I still lack Golden ones and they're undoubtely the most attractive species of the genus.
I must say that La Flèche zoo, is of course listed in Zootierliste: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] however golden spiny mice don't appear nor in their current nor in their former listings. Take in account that Zootierliste is done by a community of enthusiast and for those zoos that don't provide official updated species lists, the list of each zoo is mainly done and updated shortly after a visit of a curator or a friend of a curator that communicate what they see, as I've done sometimes with some of the zoos. Resuming: the lists of each zoo necessarily will show some inacurateness with species present but not listed, species listed but not present, etc.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rtas' zoo pics
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next