Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rtas' zoo pics

Go down 
+9
twilighter
Roger
rogerpgvg
costicuba
spacelab
SUSANNE
Advicot
widukind
RtasVadumee
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 2:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Advicot wrote:
You're at it again Benjamin! Shooting wildlife Laughing

Very nice, I have always enjoyed seeing these primates at my closest zoo, which is a very, very good zoo and I am sure many would agree.

Which zoo is it ? Can you show me its website ? I always enjoy discovering new zoos even if I cannot visit them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 7:51 pm

It's Chester Zoo, a zoo you've most certainly heard of. I was supposed to visit it this summer but due to the virus I won't get chance. I'll see if I can dig some photos out, from my last visit. Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:35 pm

Aardvark, anoa, babirussa, aye-aye, komodo dragon, hyrax, tree kangaroo, sun bear, black crested macaque... it looks like an AMAZING zoo Shocked

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 8:44 pm

I truly recommend it when the virus pandemic ends and we can all resume to our normal habits. I have probably been about 5 times and have seen new animals each time I've been. It is quite expensive but definitely worth it. The only downside is that they don't sell decent animal toys, the only ones they do sell are cheap china made figures.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:18 am

Amazing how you catched these so beautiful photos.
I espesially love the first one.
Bravo Ben, well done Applause

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 am

Thanks Kosta ! Very Happy That's one of my favourite too, that's why I started with it.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 12:50 pm

Photo-05

Species : Reticulated python

Spot : Kerdanet's terrarium, Brittany, France
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This python was photographed in a very small reptile centre known to look after reptiles seized by the police from illegal trade. I already talked you about it in my collection topic. The guy who is running this place is authorized to take care of venomous, deadly snakes and as a consequence, he keeps very rare and interesting species such as the western diamondback rattlesnake, the black mamba, the indian cobra, the puff adder and the south American rattlesnake. Compared to them, that reticulated python looks like a gentle giant ! Thus, this picture does not show the most spectacular species kept in this reptile centre but it is one of the best I took there. I especially like the eyes of this snake, which reminds me a lot Kaa's hypnotic eyes from the jungle book !
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Very beautiful snake Ben, I have seen this species at Chester zoo

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 2:09 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Adam, yes, they are pretty common in zoos. Some can be huge as it is the longest snake in the world. The longest I saw was almost 6 m affraid This one is small in comparison.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Photo-06

Species : Manul

Spot : Pont-Scorff zoo, Brittany, France

Here is a less common species than I usually show. The Pallas's cat or Manul is a small wild cat native to central Asia where it lives in caves or burrows and hunts small rodents. This one was photographed in Pont-Scorff zoo which is renowed for its small cat collection. This zoo has a long history of financial difficulties, it changed ownership many times and has recently become a wildlife rehabilitation centre.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 5:32 pm

The official grumpy cat! I love these, they are very beautiful felines.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Photo-07

Species : Sun bear

Spot : Trégomeur zoo, Brittany, France

The sun bear is one of my favourite animal species. This one was shot in the same zoo as the snow leopard, that one which is exclusively focused on Asian wildlife. I have known this particular individual since my childhood when I saw her (she is a female) in Vincennes' zoo in Paris, almost 20 years ago. She was then transferred to Trégomeur zoo in Britanny and I was happy to meet her again. Her name is Malaka and she is 30 years old : she is the second oldest sun bear in Europe.

Bonus pic : a portrait of Malaka
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 1:55 pm

She's very beautiful Ben, Chester zoo has a breeding pair called Milli and Toni

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Nice again

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 12:24 pm

Photo-08

Species : Clouded leopard

Spot : Pont-Scorff zoo, Brittany

This clouded leopard was shot in the same zoo as the manul cat, that one which no longer exists and has been replaced by a wildlife rescue centre. This individual is a young one and was very playful. On this picture, it tries to look menacing and fierce like mom and dad !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Amazing!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Thanks Kostas ! Very Happy

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Never seen one, but that particular character looks like my domestic cat. I really fancy doing zoo visits with certain members of the forum it'd be so cool!

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Surprising, they tend to be more and more commons in zoos. Indeed, it would be great ! Very Happy

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:36 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Photo-09

Species : Hamadryas baboon

Spot : Pont-Scorff zoo, Brittany

That's not a beautiful photo, that's even a pretty ugly one, but definitely one of the funniest ! That male baboon is naughty, it seems like he is telling me "look at that sexy ass, bro !" Well, I'm sorry buddy but we don't have the same tastes !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm

How lovely, a baboon's bum. Rolling Eyes Moving swiftly on, I have never seen Hamadrayas baboons but I have seen Guinea and Olive at two of my other local zoos

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 2:29 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' zoo pics   Rtas' zoo pics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rtas' zoo pics
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next