Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")

Go down 
+12
Taos
costicuba
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Caracal
landrover
widukind
Advicot
Roger
RtasVadumee
SerAndrew
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 8:17 am

WONDERFUL picture cheers Laughing

And great models too Very Happy
I look forward to see what else you got Wink

SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 9:00 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Thanks Susanne!
Nothing """"so exciting"""" (meaning that they are quite common, but wonderful anyway): too many CollectA musts, a couple of other Papo...

Btw, if you want pics of the new version of the camel as Adam suggested, please, let me know :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:14 pm

SerAndrew wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Thanks Susanne!
Nothing """"so exciting"""" (meaning that they are quite common, but wonderful anyway): too many CollectA musts, a couple of other Papo...

Btw, if you want pics of the new version of the camel as Adam suggested, please, let me know :)

No great models are trivial Wink
Also, I often note that seeing photos from other people can show new details , - that is one of the reasons SUY is a great way to share, IMHO Very Happy

Yes, please, I would love to get a picture of this lovely light coloure Papo camel cheers

SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Hi there!
After a veeeeeeeeeery long shipping from Hong Kong, today this marvellous Yujin/Takara Tomy set arrived at my door.

I have been very active during this confinment, and have bought a lot of figures (mostly CollectA and Papo), all well known models to fill in some gaps in my collection. Also some Safari Ltd figures joined my collection (and others are on their way).

But I cannot pass without showing you these, since I think are less known. There are other three that I have not unpacked because I'm not interested in. I think some fellow collectors from this forum are already interested, but if they don't want them I may offer them in the Trade section. I'm talking about the green sea turtle, loggerhead sea turtle and giant galapago.

So, here we go. They are good models, with high quality and level of detail. I reckon that they look better in real life than in pictures, specially the sea turtles. I hope you like them!

Mauremys mutica:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mauremys reevesii:

Mauremys japonica:

Pelodiscus sinensis:

Geochelone elegans (sorry for the quality of this pic Sad ):

Heosemys spinosa:

Trachemys scripta elegans:

Phrynops hilarii:

Chelus fimbriata:

Macrochelys temminckii:

Eretmochelys imbricata:

Lepidochelys olivacea:

The full set (this is from the internet):
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Nice Andrew; I have most of these species and I would say about half are from this set.

I still need a Chinese softshell turtle, however...
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 6:15 pm

All so amazing! I hope to add all these except the sea turtles to my collection

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 6:48 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Nice Andrew; I have most of these species and I would say about half are from this set.

I still need a Chinese softshell turtle, however...

Are you aware of the magnific masterpiece?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I finally avoided it because it's too big for my collection (Chinese softshells don't grow as large as other softshells), but I thin that you will find it perfect for yours, since you accept a very wide variation of scales.

This is a wonderful set indeed. From it, the ones I would like in my collection would be the matamata, the snapping turtle and the olive ridley's turtle.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Congratulations Andrew !
I also have this set and I really like it.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:06 pm

Thanks Andrew for providing all these individual pictures with the species names. It gives more work but it is much nicer to who is watching. The set is fantastic and more conventional than the Kitan's here linked although they represent two different rendition levels. It is impossible to enjoy turtles when we don't accept scales. Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 8:28 pm

Great catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Fantastic, wonderful, gorgeous !!!!! cheers

I wonder how many kinds of turtles that exist ?
It seems that there are always some I never heard of before Laughing

Congratulations, and thankyou for sharing the pictures Applause flower

SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 10:15 pm

Thank you all!!

As I said, there are three available for trade!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 10:59 am

Wonderful collection!! Applause

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 am

Thank you!
I will love to have the rest of Yujin sets, to be honest... The saltwater aquarium fishes, the frogs, ... they are all amazing.

Last edited by SerAndrew on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi!
This little fellow arrived this morning. It was a good deal + disscount bonus on Ebay that I simply could'nt resist...
I also received a long waited parcel of Safari's. I'm specially happy with the artic wolf and the leopard seal. Ah! And the mojo great horned owl. But those are more "mainstream" and wellkown models, so I'm not posting pictures.

So, here we go! (Please, if you disagree with the species, let me know).

Hyla japonica
(Ikimon, NTC Frogs and Mushrooms):

But it didn't came alone...

Takydromus tachydromoides (Ikimon NTC Lizards and Geckos):

Other japanese friends are on their way. I hope they don't take too long!

Last edited by SerAndrew on Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 4:54 pm

That frog is awesome drunken
And the lizard is beautyful also Wink

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 5:07 pm

Very gorgeous, and the lizard is on my wish list

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 pm

These are two very beautiful pieces! Aren't all these frogs with mushrooms supposed to be Japanese tree frogs (Hyla japonica)?? Or the color variations intend to represent different species of tree frogs?
Before I forget, please don't try to eat the mushroom, that is a deadly species. However, there is no problem if you eat the frog instead. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 9:44 pm

Roger wrote:
These are two very beautiful pieces! Aren't all these frogs with mushrooms supposed to be Japanese tree frogs (Hyla japonica)?? Or the color variations intend to represent different species of tree frogs?
Before I forget, please don't try to eat the mushroom, that is a deadly species. However, there is no problem if you eat the frog instead. Laughing

You are totally right, Roger. I did the search wrong: since I looked for the info of Japanese tree frog I somehow ended in the Racophorus arborea page instead...
Thanks!

And thank you Adam and Susanne!!
I just have known that two more are coming tomorrow :)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Indeed seeing the image I can't see nothing else than an Hyla. Not a Rhacophorus for sure.

I think we all would love to see also your wolves, seals and owls, no matter if they're well known models Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:47 pm

Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:36 pm

It may be obvious that it's an Hyla, but my knowledge in that respect is not so big. So, every new model is a species I add to my mental fauna inventory!

Your wishes are orders. These are from my last purchase to Mödellpferdeversand. As I said some times, I have been veeeeery active this quarentene (no other way to waste money hehe) and have filled my (huge) CollectA gap, some Papo holes, have completed my cetaceans family, increased my sharks, etc. I haven't shown all those individually, but I can update my collection pictures in "Show us yours" section if you want to see how it looks like now. I'm now more focused on japanese brands and have been requesting models from Brett since his source started buying again.

Last edited by SerAndrew on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:47 pm

Great additions! That wolf has a nice personality, much more alive than most poses you see for plastic figures.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 11:49 pm

Thank you all :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 12:13 am

Andrew, I am glad you decided to show your other models. Isidro is right, it doesn't matter how common these figures are, we always love to see them. :)
About the frog, it is also not obvious for me, I don't have the ability to look at a frog figure and determine its genus. I generically see what is a frog, a toad and a tree frog and often it is also not obvious. Laughing I always need to research and I think it is the funny part of collecting less popular species. By the way, maybe your grass lizard is a Japanese grass lizard (Takydromus tachydromoides), however, check it yourself and regardless of what it is, you found its genus what is fantastic, I hardly could do it myself.

PostSubject: Re: Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")   Andrew's additions (Some "rarities") - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Andrew's additions (Some "rarities")
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next