Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !

Go down 
+36
Jill
Bonnie
George
Tove
Bowhead Whale
TeddyLam
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
halichoeres
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
Maja-Maus
sbell
Chris Sweetman
skysthelimit
Bloodrayne
elephas_maximus
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
weaselfan93
persefone
lucky luke
jarda
Taos
NightLioness
koniminiatures
widukind
Niki2811
JonasV
Florian
landrover
scot(t)
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! Empty
PostSubject: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 1:49 pm

This interesting suggestion for August was given by Andreas  cheers 

However he is on vacation these days, so I am happy to make the kick-off for him Wink

Now , what is a rarity ? scratch 
What I am showing, are models that are rarities for ME .
Perhaps they are not rare for some other collector, but they are modesl that I have not seen very often wlsewhere.  Wink 

Many of the rarities in my collection come from other STS-members, and it is impossible for me to show them all now, - but it is ok to make more then one contribution to a topic  Very Happy 

Well, here are my first rarities from the shelves  bounce 

First, the Dodos from Noah's Pals ! A wonderful gift from Roger  Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Two very strange, Starlux prehistoric fish, Cephalaspis and Drepanaspis :

Long retired Palomino from Safari, - I hope to find the foal some day.

Resiler ! The brand of my childhood.
These horses were made vaery late in the life of the compgny. A guy got a small boxfull of  them when the factury was emptied.

Allosaurus from Bullyland 1993. He is one of the 9 first Museum Line models.
The models was in the catalogues for 9 years, but he is much more rare to find than the others from the same time...I wonder why ?  Rolling Eyes  Laughing 

Unusual and beautyful horse. Brand is "Ajax", or a copy, - a gift from LeeAnn Very Happy

Now please, ley us see YOUR rarities ! Basketball I just can't wait  cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Does nobody have any rarities  Shocked Sad 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 5:51 pm

I will post sometime soon, need to take photos first Wink

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Here are a few I found on my computer.

The infamous controversial WWF Schleich Przewalski's

Hagen-Renaker Paint foal, with original sticker, purchased from Taos here on the forum

The Schleich "mane up" shire

PV Quagga

Now for the Breyers, most of these aren't exactly "rare," but are SRs and very low runs, probably ones that aren't very well known here.

Micro mini scale, "Treasure." This is a model that is part of the Mini Whinnies Golden Horse promotion. Each box only has one of these golden horses in it, and I got the gold one! And better yet, the store owner gave her to me for free. cheers The golden horses previously had a chance to win a Breyerfest ticket in them, but I got the horse after the contest was over.

Aphrodite, one of the Greek Goddess Collector Club Web Specials, 245 made

Hera, another Greek Goddess, 245 made

Moritz, a Breyer Gallery porcelain, 2,500 made

Tempest, a JAH Connoisseur model, 350 made

Big Easy Bash Event model, 200 made

Luna, 2012 Web Special 350 Made

Chickory, Big Easy Bash SR Model, 120 made

Sand Dollar, JAH Connoisseur model, 350 made

Athena, another Greek Goddess, 250 made

More to come... sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Ohhhh! SO many gorgeous horse, LeeAnn  cheers 

That little golden one is the cutest ever , - and the foal ! drunken

And of course, the przewalski  bounce bounce cheers 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:49 am

Wow, fantastic horses LeeAnn! Susanne, great rarities as well. When I get the time I will post some things.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 am

I will also post mine when possible, I think I have one of the rarer branded
figures of ever! Suspect Very Happy
It is a joy for me to see these dodos opening this exciting thread. Very Happy I also want to thank Oliver for selling Then to me for an affordable price, so I can say that it was the best time I ever spent money with toys! flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Roger wrote:
It is a joy for me to see these dodos opening this exciting thread. Very Happy

At first I thought you were calling us all dodos lol!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Roger wrote:
It is a joy for me to see these dodos opening this exciting thread. Very Happy

At first I thought you were calling us all dodos lol!

affraid cheers cheers lol!

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:19 am

Hmm. I'm not sure if I'm correctly understanding the rarities category, but I'll at least try. My most rare figures are of course the Nyala Pair by Harriet and Anna. The Kaiyodo Bongo isn't exactly rare, just expensive I guess. Some of the Starlux I have feel genuinely rare -- in many cases, it wasn't the price stopping me from landing a particular figure, it was just its complete (or apparently complete) unavailability.

For example, I was over the moon when I not only found this figure advertised on eBay, but there for a ridiculously reasonable buy-it-now price. The Starlux Greater Kudu:

I also treasure a couple of my Battat Dinosaurs. They are just obscenely expensive. My favorite, and the one I shelled out for, was the Edmontonia. I love it.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:44 am

Ohh, they are both so beautyful, Scott  drunken 

That Edmontonia is gorgeous, so much detail !
No wonder that the Starlux Kudu is rare, - so delicate you almost don't dare to breathe when near it Very Happy

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 2:46 am

Rare and beautiful models.

KUdu is one of my favourite starlux animals.

splendid, Scott...¡ cheers 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:02 am

These are what I consider "rare" in my collection, mostly because I never thought I'd actually get the opportunity to own them.
White tiger cub and wild dog pup:
Buckskin mare:
Sorry there are so many pictures... I just consider that some of my figures are "rare" to me because brands are so hard to find in my area, and most of these (practically all of them) came from fantastic people on the forum willing to help me out a little. And thank you guys for that.  Wink Applause Anyways, these are some of my "rarities" that always sit in a prime position on my shelves to remind me that I can find things I never thought I'd get.  Embarassed Anyways... Let's see more! cheers 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 am

Wonderful models, Paige !!!! Applause 

Yes, isn't it great how other members help us get models we otherwise could only dream about ?  cheers 

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:12 am

(I was very pleased to see the Safari African Painted Dog Pup in one of the group shots Paige.  Very Happy 

I love the photos and the figures.)
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:09 am

Here are my very most precious figures. They are specific to this forum because they are sculpted by our nice members (Anna, Miguel, Joan, Noémi and Olga Lai (non member, artist from internet) ) cheers  cheers

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Oh those are so beautiful, Florian! I totally agree why they're so important to you cheers sunny Fantastic work, our artists! cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

scot(t) wrote:
(I was very pleased to see the Safari African Painted Dog Pup in one of the group shots Paige.  Very Happy 

Of course the pup was in there! I practically scoured the earth for that little guy, and then some very nice gentleman helped me out and I won't soon forget it. Wink Laughing 

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 3:06 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

Of course the pup was in there! I practically scoured the earth for that little guy, and then some very nice gentleman helped me out and I won't soon forget it. Wink Laughing 

Thank you Paige, that makes me very happy.  Very Happy Very Happy 

Florian, those are some wonderful customs! They are indeed very precious and rare.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 3:20 am

Florian has already posted a great picture above, but I thought I'd also post my own picture of Anna's lovely Transcaspian Urial Ram. It is a rarity not only because it is a custom.

I'd also love to see more posts on this thread! C'mon folks! Get out your rarities!

I'll also post a picture of my Safari Painted Dog Pup. As Paige and I were discussing above, that little dude was hard to track down. (As Schleich-centric as we sometimes are, we forget how difficult it can be to find retired figures by other companies. I still can't get a hold of the Safari Aardvark. Drives me crazy.)

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:51 am

Thanks Jonas and Scott sunny

Scott, your picture of the urial is amazing. It's true that the retired figures are difficult to find but it depends the brands. One of my local shops has old safari figures (horses and some other little animals). A friend has found this baby dog for approx 3.00 Eur and I exchanged this one with him to complete my family of licaon (now, I have the adult and the baby) Very Happy Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:21 pm

What kind of old safari figures? If you could get a list or pics I'd be interested in seeing them.  Smile 

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:44 pm

I think it's especially horses (there is two or three horses being not recent and some animals like a bleck panther). I'll try to make pictures but it will be not easy because the showcase is just side the counter Very Happy 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 7:20 pm

If you can't get some pictures or a list that's ok. The black panther is sort of rare if I remember correctly, depends on what model it is exactly. Anyways, I forgot to say earlier as well great rarities Florian! You have a wonderful collection of the custom made models by members, stunning.  Very Happy Applause 

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:52 am

Thanks a lot  Very Happy Very Happy 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next