Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !

Go down 
+36
Jill
Bonnie
George
Tove
Bowhead Whale
TeddyLam
Pardofelis
Kikimalou
halichoeres
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
Maja-Maus
sbell
Chris Sweetman
skysthelimit
Bloodrayne
elephas_maximus
SpiralStrix
TheLastStardust
weaselfan93
persefone
lucky luke
jarda
Taos
NightLioness
koniminiatures
widukind
Niki2811
JonasV
Florian
landrover
scot(t)
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 7:36 pm

First I want to thank and congratulate everyone for so many great rarities here presented! cheers

I can't post my rarities at once but I'll present them sporadically, thus, I can add some interesting informations about them. Very Happy
This Mojö golden eagle, is a factory repaint from the bald eagle mold. It was developed to an exclusive customer as a special and limited edition of 20.000 pieces.
Though, the operation hasn't succeded and Mojö only made 5 of them. Sad 4 are in their offices and this one is with me as a fabulous gift from James Connolly (Mojö manager). pirat cheers
At a certain point, it was discussed its introduction in regular range but James decided that for Mojö quality standards, the little differences between both species, are enough to justify two different molds. So, the inclusion of this figure in regular range is remote and if ever Mojö makes a golden eagle, it will be a different model. Very Happy
It turns that figure in a rarity, moreover, it is very beautiful in my opinion, though, not my biggest rarity! bounce Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mojö Fun Golden Eagle (only 5 factory copies)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Ohhhh, Roger ! It is so beautyful  drunken 

If ever there were a rarity, this must be it !  affraid 
And if ever anybody deserves to be the only collector who has one, you do  Applause  Applause 

All I can say is : WOW  cheers cheers cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Than is this eagle a really really raritie Roger Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:43 pm

That is so incredible! How lucky are you?!  king 

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:29 am

Thanks for your very kind words Susanne, Andreas and Kaila! Very Happy
Honestly, I think I deserve it indeed! Laughing Wink

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Roger wrote:
It is a joy for me to see these dodos opening this exciting thread. Very Happy

At first I thought you were calling us all dodos lol!

Laughing Laughing Leeann, fortunately rescued your comment posted some pages before. Did you know that the word dodo is from the Portuguese word doido that means fooldaft or silly. Immagine I calling it to those who opened the forum! affraid Laughing

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 4:24 am

Is a gift of sky for Roger. Wonderful

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:11 am

Very very cool Roger!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 7:12 pm

smaller K&M figurines-Jerboa, Martial Eagle, Swell shark and Bateleur

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Fansclub Parrotfish

Action Products colobus monkey

And as wish from Susanne- Noahs Pals snow leopard pair

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Ohhhh! Those snow leopards cheers

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 pm

widukind wrote:
Beautieful figurines too Lea!!
NightLioness wrote:
Ooohhh, all those rarities  drunken drunken cheers 
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
They are fantastic Koniminiatures! I love the dogs especially.
SUSANNE wrote:
What an impressive lot of rarities, Lea  cheers 
scot(t) wrote:
Lea, wow, some fabulous rarities! I'm glad I went over this topic again and didn't miss them! So many beauties!

Thanks for the comments, all - sorry I was a bit slow to reply. Glad you enjoyed viewing them!

persefone wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:

Yesterday I read an old article about Andalusian Horses in art and there was a paint quite similar to the left horse. I can't remember now the painter but it looks like made by Velazquez or Van Dyck

Yep, Dafydd there cuts a pretty Baroque figure.. My choice of colour on him likely aids with that impression somewhat as well; he does look a good bit less blubbery and more, eh, studly in sharper colours. If you ever come by the painting again, I'd be curious to see it!

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

INDY!  bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce I love that resin. I love you I've never seen the Fraley piece before, very nice! Very Happy
Indy it is! I like him, too, but find myself having to debate whether I can justify holding on to such a pricey piece. He may turn up for sale, eventually. Wink  The Fraley fellow I have multiples of, all customized by now - but a walkaround of the unmarred original may still be viewed here; he's the 2nd from the top. The Arab above him isn't too-too common, either, if you're interested in inspecting more semi-rarities.  Cool

---

Also, such interesting rarities everyone has! Andreas' Jeol waterbuck, the Risso dolphin - and the famed Phat shoebill.. So stern, so silvery-sharp.. And Weaselfan's insects - so neat! And of course the super-scarce Mojö eagle.. That one is a true heavyweight as far as rarities go, certainly.

Show more of your scarcer ones, everyone! I, for one, would be most keen to see. Personal rarities would be interesting, too - they need not be pieces rare in sheer numbers, as the topic states.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:35 pm

I love seeing all of these figures. So many I haven't seen in a while or have ever seen. Thanks for sharing Andreas and Roger! Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
persefone wrote:

Yesterday I read an old article about Andalusian Horses in art and there was a paint quite similar to the left horse. I can't remember now the painter but it looks like made by Velazquez or Van Dyck

Yep, Dafydd there cuts a pretty Baroque figure.. My choice of colour on him likely aids with that impression somewhat as well; he does look a good bit less blubbery and more, eh, studly in sharper colours. If you ever come by the painting again, I'd be curious to see it!

Maybe this one? scratch
Source: Wikipedia

You can see more here:
Equestrian Portrait of Charles V

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Roger wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:
persefone wrote:

Maybe this one? scratch
Source: Wikipedia
There's a famous depiction of Napoleon Bonaparte and his horse that looks like that, but then you look at the actual stuffed animal (its in a museum somewhere) and it looks nothing like it. Laughing
You can see more here:
Equestrian Portrait of Charles V

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
There's a famous depiction of Napoleon Bonaparte and his horse that looks like that, but then you look at the actual stuffed animal (its in a museum somewhere) and it looks nothing like it.  Laughing

Paige, I believe the painting of Napoleon in a horse you're referring is Napoleon Crossing the Alps painted by Jacques-Louis David.
It seems the grey Arabian here represented is called Marengo. Very Happy If you click on links, you'll see Wikipedia articles and you'll find that from Marengo we only have the skeleton. affraid
The Napoleon's stuffed horse that we can find at Musee d’Armee de l’Hotel des Invalides in Paris, is called Le Vizir and you can see a picture here. There's also a painting of this horse here! study
What a nice subject for a new thread! Laughing Of course I've found it googling and I may be wrong! Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Ha, maybe we should have a thread dedicated to historical animals. Laughing Thank you for the information, I love learning new things so this is interesting. And all you learn of Napoleon in general schooling was his reign and conquers. Rather boring usually. Rolling Eyes I'd much rather know about his horses. Wink

Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:18 am

Very interesting seeing everyone's rare figures.

Roger: Great that you have that eagle variation, I guess it is like having a prototype, wonderful.

Here are a few of mine.
A pack of Jeol hyenas
The large Merten African elephants. They are 1:43 scale, about 3/4 the size of Britains
A plastic copy, on the left, of the Britains lead Indian elephant calf, on right.

Last edited by elephas_maximus on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:24 am

Great rarities too, i know it is hard to find Merten animals :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 3:12 pm

Bandai (woodpecker finch, Sambar deer, pheasant pair and Stellers sea eagle)

Yujin Japanese macaque with child (zodiac serie)

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Fantastic models Elephas_Maximus and Andreas! Very Happy Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Oh wow, that Bandai woodpecker is very educational.
Pulling out grub with a stick.
I like that one a lot.
More companies should do that.
Showing animals doing what they do to survive in the wild.

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 am

I'm not sure if these are such rare birds but I definitely have a problem with gathering all of them Crying or Very sad

Last edited by skysthelimit on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Great Robert!!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 5:30 pm

Gosh ! It is pouring in with fantastic, wonderful models cheers

E-M, those hyenas Applause

Andreas, I just LOVE those phesants Applause

Robertbert, - your AAA/Bullyland birds could make me saty awake at night, I would watn to look at them all the time Sad Laughing

SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 3:52 am

This is a great SUY topic. So many interesting figures! I'm envious. cyclops
Yay for Bandai figures, Andreas! Cute macaques too.
Nice job finding all those pretty birds, Robert!

Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !   Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 ! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rarities ! The SUY for August 2014 !
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next