Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)

Go down 
+2
Advicot
SUSANNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) Empty
PostSubject: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:48 pm

As far as I can see, this lovely model has not yet been introduced with a walkaround ,
so I am happy to show a few photos cheers

The horned lizard has been called The World's Weirdest, and you can see why here :

Laughing

Please note that my camera still won't transfer pictures to my computer,
so these pictures are part of the ones I took for TAI, and of which I first rejected most.
But as I can not show better ones, I hope these will do Wink

Extremely well camouflaged, this model looks quite humble at a first glance,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- but he is actually wonderfully made Very Happy

The paintwork is a bit unusual, sort of smeared.
There are many species of horned lizard, - probably this one is one of the the Desert Horned Lizards,
as the dusty look will be fine camouflage in a desert.

These critters are also called Toad Lizards, which is understandable when seing him from above  Laughing

I do not think he has a very great sence of humour  scratch

He has got quite effective looking feet.   Shocked
Hmmm, perhaps a bit of more work could have been made on the skin here.

A couple of portraits Very Happy

Being a Papo model, of course his head has been glued on  Shocked
But one has to look very close to see it among the camouflage, and I have learned to forgive Papo for this kind of thing  Laughing

One thing that is strange about this model, - there is absolutely no marking to identify him from scratch
No "Papo", no year, no CE, - nothing  Laughing

As you may understand, I am so totally in love with this model drunken

If you have other pictures , - comparisons or others, please feel free to enter them here Very Happy
I have ordered a new cable and hope it helps, but shipping is slow these days.

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:53 pm

I got my figure quite recently and I was surprised to see no markings on the bottom of the figure. The current photo on the TAI is mine and was one of my first photos on there. It is a great species choice Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 pm

I have this figure too (I even did a Blog review of it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I grew up with horned lizards in Arizona where I saw two species: the regal and the short-horned. I had a pet regal and every day I would take him/her out to the ant pile in the backyard to eat LOL
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:57 pm

That sounds really rather fun

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:05 pm

WOW! Imagine growing up in Arizona with a pet horned lizard cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 9:17 pm

Thanks Susanne for opening this topic, after reading Blaine's review and now your walk around, I am starting to like this figure. I may include it in future additions. Species is really special as the great video you shared demonstrates and not so common in toy shape.
There must be an explanation about the figure not being marked at all. It is actually strange for a collector but the detail and the realism of the figure are benefitted from this fact.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 4:38 am

Thank you for this presetation of this nice model Susanne :)
You know, I love your walk arounds sunny

I have this lizard also ..and strange, I didn`t notice, that it is actually not marked at all scratch
It would be maybe better if the sculptor put more spikes on the skin ... but like this is also a nice model :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Its a wonderful lizard. Thank you for that :)

But i ask me , why are all the really wonderful lizard figures often soooooooo huge

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)   The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :) Empty

Back to top Go down

The horned lizard 50247 from Papo 2019 :)
Page 1 of 1