Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations Empty
PostSubject: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 6:26 pm

Last year in August, I bought a Mojö Asian elephant. I really like it, as I believe that Mojö got the proportions of the head, ears and legs right, unlike quite a few other elephant models. I like the fact that they didn’t try to make the elephant more impressive than it already is by giving it overly large ears or tusks. It’s almost perfect, but I didn’t like the glossy finish of the rubbery plastic. At the same time, I also bought the Mojö African elephant, which was made of a less glossy, harder plastic. Recently, Adam (advicot) showed us his Asian elephant, which is also made of harder plastic and looked less glossy. Mojö must have changed the plastic at some point.

So I bought another Mojö Asian elephant. The seller confirmed that is was made of rigid plastic and recent stock, and yes, it was. Here we have both the hard plastic (left) and rubbery plastic elephants:
Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations Mojo_a10

Perhaps not so obvious in the photo, but the right rubbery elephant is quite shiny. The left one isn’t truly matt, more satin, but I am much happier with the new one. The new elephant is also a bit less dark and slightly heavier (196 vs. 163 g). Here a few photos of Gauri III, named after Adam’s elephant:
Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations Feu210
Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations Feu110

I particularly like her face: The sculpting is excellent and Mojö has given her some colour. Is this the first elephant model with dots on the face and ears? I don’t see any others in TAW. It’s great that Mojö has paid attention to the details.
Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations Feu410
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 6:39 pm

My figure weighs 206g and mine also as you probably know has the markings on her trunk and ears

It's weird how there is such a contrast in weights yours are around 160 - 190 mark but mine is 10 grams heavier than your heaviest one

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Perhaps you feed your animals better than I do Smile. Yes, it's strange that yours is heavier. But I don't know how accurate our household scales are; perhaps 10 g is within the margins of error. Both the rubbery and the rigid elephants have the markings on their ears and trunk.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Yeah possibly my scales are older than me!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 1:09 am

Thanks Roger, I really wanted to see it! I love this Asian elephant female, my favourite and soon or later I will add it to my collection. I will weigh it then and tell you. Wink Honestly, weighing figures is something more interesting that it seems, the differences in weight among your figures is not small at all. It demonstrates clearly that they're made of materials with a noticiable difference in density. Around 15% is a lot. 15% less and probably your elephant could float. I hope also to get the heavier version, I must ask Adam what kind of food he is using.
Figure is very accurate and the extra detail in painting is a bonus. Mojö Fun is a very serious company. At a certain time they tried other materials to find a better option to their models. If it is too hard, some thin parts can break easily. If it is too rubbery, it do not sticks the painting so firmly and gives a kind of "cheap" feeling to it. I'm glad they are back to a more consistent material.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 4:05 am

That`s very interesting ...they look very different
Actually I like both of them.. if only the darker one wasn`t so glossy..
I think, that it was a good choice from you, to buy the second one.
Also, you are right Roger, this is the first model with dots on the face and ears ... and that is a great detail.
And I think, this model has the best Asian elephant head from all models.

I have also a Mojo model with the same strange look.
My German Shepherd looks very different than the Susanne`s one from TAW.
My is exactrly like your first elephant : darker and glossy.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:19 am

Adam's Comprehensive Guide to elephant feeding Wink

At Helscung Wildlife Park we feed our elephants a range of different foodstuffs. The favourite is probably large buddleia branches as well as sweet alyssums. They will also tuck themselves into camel mash (watered down potato flakes) on the cold days of winter. We also feed them Cherry Laurel branches which are a particular favourite with the calves.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Advicot wrote:
Adam's Comprehensive Guide to elephant feeding Wink

At Helscung Wildlife Park we feed our elephants a range of different foodstuffs. The favourite is probably large buddleia branches as well as sweet alyssums. They will also tuck themselves into camel mash (watered down potato flakes) on the cold days of winter. We also feed them Cherry Laurel branches which are a particular favourite with the calves.

Laughing Do you think I can memorize all of it? I'll copy/paste it to use when my Mojö elephant arrive. elephant

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 pm

No wonder my rubbery elephant is so light. Clearly hasn't followed the right diet since August.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 10:22 pm

cheers lol!

How wonderful to get a lesson in feeding plastic elephants study drunken Applause

It is a beautyful elephant, Roger, and you are right, the new one is much nicer Very Happy

Thanks for this interesting topic Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations   Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö Asian elepant plastic variations
Page 1 of 1