Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cat figure lovers- a question for you.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. Empty
PostSubject: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Last month i visit the Tierpark Chemnitz, after that my head found that questions.

Is there a cat figure that looks like a african wildcat? These cat looks similar like a common house cat.

I dont prefer farm animals so i really dont know that.

Many thanks

Andreas

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 6:04 pm

According to the Toy Animal Wiki, there is a Bullyland wildcat that in my opinion looks like it is probably an African Wildcat. I do not know how easy or hard this figure is to track down

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2020 6:11 pm

widukind wrote:
Last month i visit the Tierpark Chemnitz, after that my head found that questions.

Is there a cat figure that looks like a african wildcat? These cat looks similar like a common house cat.

I dont prefer farm animals so i really dont know that.

Many thanks

Andreas

Domestic cats are descended from wild cats, so expect figures of one to look very much like the other

endogenylove wrote:
According to the Toy Animal Wiki, there is a Bullyland wildcat that in my opinion looks like it is probably an African Wildcat. I do not know how easy or hard this figure is to track down

I would assume since Bullyland is a German company, it is intended to represent the European wild cat :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 1:45 am

I also think the Bullyland is the best candidat although truly far from a real one.
My opinion is that Bullyland made it to be a European wildcat but, as they based it on a domestic shorthair cat and colours are really faint, it is not less similar to an African wildcat than it is with an European.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 6:34 am

Andreas, I checked ''Beauty of the Beasts'' , because the sculptor made so many feline models ...
I found African Golden cat ... and I know , it`s different .. but you can check also :
Beauty of the beasts

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Many thanks, the Bullyland wildcat i knows and i own. But i think a shorthair cat figure could be good , for me.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:54 pm

costicuba wrote:
Andreas, I checked ''Beauty of the Beasts'' , because the sculptor made so many feline models ...
I found African Golden cat ... and I know , it`s different .. but you can check also :
Beauty of the beasts

I know that. Beautieful figures - but resin Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat figure lovers- a question for you.   Cat figure  lovers- a question for you. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat figure lovers- a question for you.
Page 1 of 1