Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question for all the horse lovers!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Question for all the horse lovers! Empty
PostSubject: Question for all the horse lovers!   Question for all the horse lovers! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Was just pondering the following with regards to Pinto horses-the majority of companies that make these models all seem to favour the Tobanio pattern except Breyer who make horses in both Tobanio and Overo markings.Is this because the horses seen in Europe are predominantly Tobanio and therefore this is the reason its used?Even when American breeds are made in Europe they are usually Tobanio patterned.One of Schleich's recent pinto stallion and yearling were veering towards Overo a little they seem to be the only one.Overo is more common in the Americas so would think that is why Breyer make lots of models with this pattern.

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Question for all the horse lovers!   Question for all the horse lovers! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Though I can't answer you on horse colors in Europe and the US, Tobiano is generally more popular than overo - it's more flashy and just more pretty. So tobiano will sell better than overo.

Then you have the companies that understand that flashy white markings sell, but don't understand that white markings show up on a horse in specific patterns. So we end up with unrealistic splotches of white that look like some sort of combination of tobiano and overo Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Question for all the horse lovers!   Question for all the horse lovers! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 5:21 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Though I can't answer you on horse colors in Europe and the US, Tobiano is generally more popular than overo - it's more flashy and just more pretty. So tobiano will sell better than overo.

Then you have the companies that understand that flashy white markings sell, but don't understand that white markings show up on a horse in specific patterns. So we end up with unrealistic splotches of white that look like some sort of combination of tobiano and overo Laughing

LeeAnn is totally right ( of course;) )

Also in many of the sports-type pinto breeds they mix the genes, - "Toveros" are quite common.
I think the only Overo I know of in the European brands, is the Super-Pinto from Schleich Very Happy

Even more rare are the two other pinto patterns : Sabino and Splashed White.
The latter probably because few people like the "Walleyes", even if they are so beautyful and expressive.
Sabinos would probably be hard to paint so it looks realistic.
Sabinos are also very rare in breeds with other pinto patterns, - but that is a long and serious story What a Face

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Question for all the horse lovers!   Question for all the horse lovers! EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks Susanne and Lee-Ann-Knew about Sabino and Splashed White but as Susanne suggested would be hard to created on a model and also not as flashy as the Tobanio! Smile Smile

PostSubject: Re: Question for all the horse lovers!   Question for all the horse lovers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for all the horse lovers!
Page 1 of 1