Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions

Go down 
+17
Pardofelis
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
costicuba
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Caracal
Taos
pipsxlch
Roger
SUSANNE
Advicot
Tiermann
widukind
Gecko08
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 8:16 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
These are great! I might have to go for the Titanis, as I've started a little collection of terror birds.
I might have to find the one eating a Parasaurolophus. It would upset my daughter, what fun. Twisted Evil

I was just wondering, what terror bird figures do you have? My terror bird collection just consists of the Gastornis safari made and the lanard toys Titanis. I’m gonna use this as an opportunity to show my prehistoric birds collection. P.S. I measured the scale on my terror birds in height of real animal relative to height of figure. I also used the Complete Guide to Prehistoric Life which is a book to go along with the Walking with Dinosaurs documentary series. I got it from Barne’s and Noble a few years ago.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Titanis walleri (Lanard Toys) 1:30, Gastornis geiselensis (=Diatryma) (Safari Ltd) 1:28, Hesperornis regalis (Primeval Character Options) 1:24, Raphus cucullatus (=Dodo) (Primeval Character Options) 1:18. While they are not exactly same scale, they are all very cool birds.
Fun fact: G. geiselensis is the species that appeared in the first episode of Walking with Beasts.
One more thing, I have two Dodos because I ordered one set of primeval toys, but it didn’t come at the right time so I thought it was stolen. I ordered another one, but the first one was just delayed so I got them both and now I have two dodos.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:35 pm

Fantastic birds! Very Happy I think Lanard have made some dogs too, which I'm hunting for! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Great birds! Applause Lanard also made a Smilodon,a Woolly Mammoth and some Dinos.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:07 am

I have the Safari Gastornis, CollectA Kelenken, Primeval/Character Options Hesperornis and Dodo (along with a Safari and a Club Earth Dodo), umm that's what I remember at the moment. (Thanks Taylor for most of these!)
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:17 am

The Collecta kelenken has been in my mind for a while. I will try to get it next year. Now one of my favorite Cambrian creatures was the possible cephalopod Nectocaris. You can read about it here.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now as much as I like nectocaris, I would like a model cheaper than $120 dollars.
I will just have to wait for a figure to come out from another company.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:31 am

I have now on my shelves the Kaiyodo Titanis, Copepteryx and Diatryma, the CollectA Kelenken, the Primeval Hesperornis. I think I still own in a box the Starlux Diatryma and Phorusracos.

About the Nectocaris, you can find the Cheaper unpainted one
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 12:53 pm

Maybe someday I will find it.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 3:17 pm

Applause Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

I find it funny that I already have a bull T. rex as an early Christmas present, even though in my own Christmas list i stated that I would never get it. 😂
But there it is sitting on my shelf looking as smug as ever.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:14 pm

I have taken a page from the book of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I went to Petsmart today and I went out on a hunt in the aquarium decor section.
I found this decoration that looks somewhat like a Charnia. If I ever make an Edicaran diorama, this would be a clear option. Maybe I can find some Ediacaran somewhere. Any taxa suggestions?

Next in line is this tank decor which is a Crinoid. Crinoids were a type of sea creature that was the most diverse in the Paleozoic era. This would be a clear choice for an Ordovician diorama which is actually a period I’m trying to get figures from![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here they both are together.

Also my unstoppable hunger for more Cambrian figures has lead me into the world a 3D printed replicas. This is a world I regret and not regret going in at the same time

Last edited by Gecko08 on Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Excellent additions! cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 pm

The world of replicas in previously mentioned is now at the forefront of this post. On Etsy, I found a shop called “Paleocasts”. They were the ones that made the very expensive Nectocaris model. While I have not gotten the nectocaris, I have gotten a set full of gorgeous 3D printed trilobites. I already have a collection of 5 trilobites (one fossil, one by the rom, one by favorite co, and two copies of a safari Ltd trilobite), so might as well finish the job. I am going to eventually get the Collecta redlichia but until then I have a motherload of trilobites coming for Christmas.
I was given a list of 8 names I was 100% oblivious of. I’m not that well versed in trilobites that I don’t have figures of but that is going to change when i do get figures of them. The list is this
Asaphus cornutus
Asaphus kowalewski
Paralejurus
Eledredgenia venustus
Hollardops
Phacops
Harpes
Maurotarion c
I am 100% sure I will become more knowledgeable about these taxa when I receive them on Christmas Day. Maybe this will consist of my much-needed Ordovician and Silurian figures.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 9:19 am

Very very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Fantastic trilobites collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Yesterday I was complaining that I had no idea which trilobites were which species, but it appears like I have correctly identified all 8 species.
Also here is a link to the casts.
P.S. This picture is not a picture of my toys. It is a picture from the Paleocasts Etsy page.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Happy Sunday everybody! This thread might be a little bit slow from here on because the toys I get from here on will be saved for Christmas. At least you can expect a lot of Christmas posts from me. I suppose I will just be showing figures I have in my collection currently before Christmas. I could do a 12 days if Christmas thing. But it would be 19 days of Christmas bc I have 19 days until the Christmas.
I will make an advent calendar! In the next post I will have made my advent calendar with all new species never before seen.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:31 pm

Here is an update and the first entry in my advent calendar. I hope these dinosaurs are amazing and given a warm Christmastime welcome. I wish I could have done this all December, but I decided to start now.
Here is my advent calendar. It starts today and ends Christmas Day.
But you saw that I have an entry for today. And here we go!

Last edited by Gecko08 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 6:43 pm

So I have a Homalocephale as my first figure for this advent calendar.
So meet Homalocephale calathocercos. This creature lived in the late Cretaceous of Mongolia, around 80 million years ago. In life, this creature was 6 feet long and It weighed 95 pounds. Gregory s. Paul states that Homalocephale was a juvenile Stegoceras, and the possible prey item of a juvenile Tarbosaurus bataar. This figure was made by an unknown company and is about 4 inches, making it 1:18th scale. Wow, it’s the same scale as the 1:18th scale raptors and protoceratopsians that Beasts of the Mesozoic are making next year!
It would also be in the same scale as a 5 foot person from the Mattel Jurassic World Series!
Same-scale humans and dinosaurs was something I always liked. Thankfully, I will be getting more of them next year for beasts of the Mesozoic. Homalocephale means “even head”.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 2:26 am

I'm looking at your Advent calendar and wondering about some of the photos, so thank you for the interesting meet and greet! Looking forward to the rest!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 2:55 am

I designed the advent calendar to not have names. I wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise of a new creature. I can’t wait for the creatures. I know it will go by fast, then we will have new Christmas toys and this disastrous year will be over with!

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 3:02 am

Also with the new concept art for the Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaurs Series coming out, I decided I should redo this family tree.
I will do that once official pictures come out of how the figures look in hand. I can’t use concept art because I need pictures of the figure.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:15 pm

very good idea this advent calendar!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Thank you today’s entry is coming up

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 8:00 pm

Here is today’s entry. This is day two of the Dinosaur Christmas Advent calendar. 18 days until Christmas everybody!
But today’s entry is the Safari Ltd Einiosaurus
The Einiosaurus procuricornis was a ceratopsian that lived in Late Cretaceous Montana. It lived with Daspletosaurus. On a different note, I am trying to get the Geoworld Zuniceratops. Back to Einiosaurus. Einiosaurus was about 14 feet long and weighed a ton. The name means “Buffalo lizard”. My current figure of Einiosaurus is the Safari Ltd figure, but if I get lucky, I will be able to find the beasts of the Mesozoic figure later. The figure is 1:25 scale which unfortunately means I have no human figures to place next to it.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 8:06 pm

A lovely " Buffalo" drunken

He looks so timid, it is hard to imagine he weighed a ton ...perhaps his mother told him not to eat the christmas cookies ? rendeer

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions   1 - Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Collection & Recent Acquisitions
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next