Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+22
Megaptera
jarda
Paleochris
George
Joliezac
rogerpgvg
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
lucky luke
costicuba
spacelab
endogenylove
Caracal
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Taos
bmathison1972
Advicot
landrover
Pardofelis
Tiermann
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 9:27 am

What a lovely Tyrolean Grey Cattle- it reminds me of a similar one I have by Schleich, also with a bell! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 11:41 am

Thank you, Susanne and Bonnie.
The cattle from Schleich is the so-called Original Braunvieh. It shares the same ancestors as the Tyrolean Grey Cattle. Moreover, both are very old and very rare cattle breeds.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 3:42 pm

CollectA is building a very interesting farm series and that is surely one of the most interesting models. Great choice once more from CollectA !

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 4:37 pm

I also got it yesterday and it is very fine model .
Congratulations on yours :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Lovely new friend you have there. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 10:24 am

Oh thank you Megaptera as I was unsure whether they were the same breed... but with your expert knowledge I now know it is an Original Braunvieh! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:14 pm

Thank you, everyone Very Happy

Today, some other newcomers arrived. It's the Strawberry Frog from Mojo, the Atlantic Puffin from CollectA and the Basilosaurus cetoides:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Some unusual and very interesting figures! Great buy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank you very much. Especially the Basilosaurus is very interesting and a had to spend a lot of time to find a proper place for it Very Happy
With the Puffin, I replaced the older one from Schleich, because the one from CollectA has a better anatomy.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 pm

The basilosaurus is very unusual and definitely deserves a good place in your collection! What brand is it? And the puffin is also very nice, a good choice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 9:15 pm

The Basilosaurus is from CollectA. It was one of the two remaining Whale species, that I didn't have yet. So, I only need the Bryde Whale from the Safari Toob.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Wow you must have an amazing collection of whales!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 11:25 pm

I saw one skeletton of Basilosaurus in Museum of Nantes, it looks like a big sea snake exactly like this very interesting replica! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:01 am

Beautiful figures! I need a bigger basilosaurus, all I have is the toob figure right now. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 1:23 pm

Lovely additions!!

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 2:09 pm

I have the Basilosaurus! I would have gotten the new CollectA puffin, but I have the Papo one, which I think has better paint on the face/beak (or at least comparable enough it didn't need to be replaced).
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I really love Whales. My collection contains 38 different whale species:D
@Blaine: I think both Puffins are equal. But I've heard that the one from Papo has some problems to stand on its own.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 7:56 pm

Megaptera wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I really love Whales. My collection contains 38 different whale species:D
@Blaine: I think both Puffins are equal. But I've heard that the one from Papo has some problems to stand on its own.

Yeah mine is starting to fall forward, unless it's on a very flat surface. If the issue gets worse, maybe I'll replace it with the CollectA figure. Based don't bother me. Speaking of which, got the Papo 2020 pheasant yesterday and it also wants to lean forward. Not sure if that is a design flaw or warped during shipping, but I am looking for ways to resolve it.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2020 9:04 pm

38 species! IT must be an amazing collection! It's always nice to have lots of figures of the animals you like!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Nice additions again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 4:56 pm

Thank you, Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 5:09 pm

Great new additions with the frog on my wishlist, and I'll think about the puffin

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:53 am

Thank you very much, Adam Very Happy

Not a newcomer, but I decided to repaint my Papo Mandarin Duck. The model always lacks the white colour on the beak. So, I've finished this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 am

What a beautiful repaint!! Very Happy cheers Applause
You have made it look just like a real mandarin duck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank you, Bonnie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 6 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 33  Next