Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^

Go down 
+10
Advicot
Farm collector
Ana
JamesPanda
widukind
Bonnie
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Ohh so gorgeous!! What a wonderful snow sculpture of a fox! cheers cheers
And you are so lucky that you had snow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 5:16 pm

Ha! Wonderful snowfox. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

Bonnie wrote:

And you are so lucky that you had snow! Very Happy

I do feel very lucky. It's been years since we had any propper snow here in the Netherlands. My bunny was quite concerned about the weird white stuff and it took a while before she dared to peek outside her hutch Laughing

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 7:53 pm

A snow fox, yay! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm

I've a little update for you of my actual snow fox sculpture.

I added some fur because I really wanted to see what she'd look like with a textured coat instead of a smooth one. Also, I think I will first bake her like this and then start working on the front and hind paws.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For those that remember that I was thinking about adding a scar, I have now added that feature to the back.

I wanted it to be apparent, but not too obvious. It'll be slightly enhanced by the paintwork since some black undercoat will be visible through that part.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Oh my it's looking wonderful! Applause Applause

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 6:58 pm

She is looking sooooo beautiful! cheers cheers
I love how you have done the fur- it looks so realistic, I can imagine how soft it is! drunken
And her face is the sweetest! I love you I also love how you have done her scar and her wonderful golden eyes, I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes next! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 11:18 pm

Interesting and promising project. Your furry friend is really starting to look great! Let's see what happens next. bounce

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Thank you Rogério, Bonnie and Adam sunny

I have good news and bad news...

The good news first: I finished the sculpting cheers

Now the bad news: It was too dark to take any decent pictures already.

So you will have to do with this one preview picture until I have time and the right light to take propper detail pictures.

Next will be painting bounce

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 7:38 pm

I can't wait for "better" photos! It already looks marvellous. bounce

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 9:36 pm

Good news are much better than the bad news. From what we can see, it is already looking great! Very Happy

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2021 10:36 pm

It looks AMAZING already, can't wait to see more! bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Here are the pictures finally flower

and a family picture:

next will be lots of layers of white paint...

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Anne-joke he is superb! I love his face I love you

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Wow!!!
I just love how you do the fur, the way you sculpt it makes it lie so naturally, which makes her look even more realistic! cheers cheers I keep practising to try and get it this way- it take so much time- I spend hours layering the strokes of fur! But you have made it look amazing, it all falls into place perfectly, to make this wonderful, fluffy fox! Applause  sunny  cheers
Very excited to see the painted finish! bounce
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Very Happy wonderful polar fox!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Nice work again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:47 pm

It is absolutely wonderful! I love the face, paws and fur. Will it need lots of layers of white? Won't it remove the richness of the texture? It probablly will look more natural if not too much white, they often have a greyish hue. Well, I am sure you know perfectly what will work best. :)

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 11:27 pm

Thank you for your nice comments :)

I think I want to build up the fur with a coat of black first, since the undercoat of arctic foxes are black if I remeber correctly scratch . To bring back the white I will build that up with layers of white-ish paint. I don't want to remove the fur texture with thick paint indeed so that's why I will be applying watered down thin layers. but since those aren't as opaque I will need a lot of thin layers of white paint. So not necessarily lots of thick layers of paint, but multiple thin layers to keep the sculpted texture intact.

I will look into the greyish hue by looking at reference pictures! Polar animals aren't always as white as we think they are.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 1:23 am

Oh just beautiful. All that fur detail and everything... just splendid!

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Thank you Paige!

And now, I can reveal the painted version of Lieđđi cheers I really tried to not go for a flat white paint, but let some of the darker undercoat show through to give the fur some dept. I'm really happy with how she came out. I think I achieved the hopeful/dreaming-of-other-times look but also show that this fox has been through some hustle. I hope you will like it too Very Happy

Here are the photo's:

and now for my favourtite pictures, the family reunion:

drunken

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Ohhh my goodness what a gorgeous, gorgeous fox! cheers Applause I love you
You have captured her wistful expression perfectly, and I love how the darker undercoat comes through in the fur- it really makes it look so thick, white and fluffy! drunken I just love her, such an lovely little face, an the last photos were so sweet! sunny This has been such a fun project to watch, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more! bounce
I was also wondering if you ever do commissions for sculptures? You make the most beautiful dogs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 7:31 pm

Ah, how sweet! She really does have an expression on her face, an individual with character! And you even sculpted the fur on the underneath of her sitting legs, that's dedication to detail :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2021 11:58 pm

It is absolutely wonderful! It has charisma, lovely face, beautiful fur and perfectly colored. cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 12:41 am

I really don't have good enough words to describe my true thoughts... she is just stunning! Really really beautiful job on every level of detail. She looks wonderful.  cheers sunny flower

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next