Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

strange elephant!

Go down 
+2
Bonnie
ros
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ros

Country/State : Bristol

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi all,
I have amongst my collection this elephant, made of solid plastic, no identification marks, but can't trace the manufacturer. I have many Britains and Timpo ones, but this is completely different, particularly the tusks. Can anyone help identify him/ her please??[img]strange elephant! 12393310[/img]
strange elephant! 12395310
I have never shared a photo here before so no idea what I'm doing!!
Best wishes, Ros
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:29 pm

It's a lovely model, does it have any marks on it? I know that that can sometimes help!
I'm so sorry I can't help you further than that!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
ros

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi Bonnie, no there aren't any marks, and I have done a google search but nothing similar that I can see! I will keep looking, thank you :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 2:37 pm

Good luck with your search!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 3:02 pm

It looks like a more modern Britains figure

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 3:24 pm

Adam is right, it's a Britains figure. Not so modern though, it's the early version Indian elephant, produced between 1961 and 1971. It should normally be marked "Britains" underneath.
Back to top Go down
ros

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Gosh, thank you for this information! That's really interesting. It is well sculpted. And having had a really thorough look I have found a faint mark inside a back leg which I think does say Britains! I will borrow a lens and have a really careful look. How exciting! Thanks again all of you for your help
Best wishes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 pm

WOW !!! what a beautyful elephant Very Happy

And great that you show us pictures, - great photos Wink

Whenever I have bought one or traded for a Britains elephant, it arrived with ears or trunk or both broken off !!!
There must be a spell on me , so I am doomed to live with handicapped B.E.s Laughing

ros

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 9:57 pm

Thank you Susanne, I haven't really been collecting that long, but discovered my children's old zoo in the loft and 'got the bug' for collecting! Most of my elephants are the more modern version of African and Indian, and most have one or both tusks missing. I do have 3 complete, but they were my most expensive! I think they are amongst the most beautiful of all the Britains range, with such gentle expressions.
I hope we both continue to enjoy our searches....my most recent specials were a platypus and a black panther!
Very Happy cheers Ros
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 10:01 pm

Well done on the platypus and black panther. These two are probably the rarest of the Britains zoo animals.

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 10:05 pm

Thank you Rogerpgvp...yes, they certainly don't come up for sale very often! Likewise the moose (I managed to get one in a job lot) and a gaur! On my wish list! Crocodile
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 5:02 am

Absolutely wonderful Indian elephant model ... and now we know it is a Britains one for sure, thank`s to Roger :)
Congratulations for having it Ros Applause

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Thank you everyone. This is such a great forum, supportive and helpful Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

strange elephant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: strange elephant!   strange elephant! Empty

Back to top Go down

strange elephant!
Page 1 of 1