Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Childhood Treasures of Shanti

Go down 
+11
landrover
Caracal
Taos
widukind
Roger
Bonnie
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Shanti
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 10:15 pm

very nice :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 10:43 pm

Congratulations! Those calves are darling...

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:05 pm

Very nice models, - you always find "gold" Very Happy

Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 8:13 pm

Thank you my friends!! Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:19 pm

Another little treasure in my collection, the Giant Tortoise by Britains. Not sure if this is a color variation or if the color just vanished over the years. The Tortoise shown on Toyanimalwiki always have two colors?

Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 46972224af

Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 46972225gs
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:20 pm

Very nice tortoise

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:25 pm

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm

There are different colour variations, but the head, legs and underside are normally painted grey. At the end of the neck, you can still see some grey paint on your figure. It looks pretty good without much paint though.

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:54 pm

Yes, could be. Very Happy Maybe it lost all paint through the years. On the reference photos the brown top (sorry, don't know the word in english) looks painted too.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 5:33 pm

Yes, I think both the top and bottom of the later PVC version was painted. The shell of the polythene version wasn't painted as far as I know.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 9:46 pm

Beautiful model regardless of the amount of paint on it. A little glossary because I also often mix most of those names.

Carapace: The hard, protective upper shell of the tortoise.

Plastron: The flat, lower shell of the tortoise that protects its belly.

Scutes: The individual bony or horn-like plates covering the carapace and plastron.

Shell Seam: The line where the carapace and plastron meet; it can be flexible in some species.

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 1:55 am

What a wonderful little guy!
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 8:22 am

Thank you! Very Happy

@Roger: this is really helpful! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 24, 2024 1:47 pm

I was wrong! Embarassed

I had to inspect my tortoises carefully. The carapace of the PVC version was also unpainted. The PVC is often quite glossy, so it can look as if it is painted. Here is a PVC version:
Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 _nm2_b11

This what a polythene version with more paint looks like:
Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 _bvl2_11

These tortoises were made 1961-1971 (and before that in lead). In 1972, they were replaced by this model:Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 _bhs2_10

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 1:26 pm

Thank you! Very interesting! Stil not sure which variety my tortoise is. It looks not painted at all (except some little grey and it is not glossy. Maybe it is just old and worn off. cyclops cyclops
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 6:47 pm

Your version is unique Very Happy. This tortoise has several variations in the colour of both the paint and the plastic. The painting of yours would probably have looked similar to my second photo, but the plastic of your tortoise indeed looks less glossy. Perhaps the plastic was slightly different or perhaps it looks less glossy because your tortoise has been well loved.

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 7:22 pm

Thank you! Yes, could be it was just a well loved tortoise! Laughing Laughing Wink Wink cheers cheers sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 7:41 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
There are different colour variations, but the head, legs and underside are normally painted grey. At the end of the neck, you can still see some grey paint on your figure. It looks pretty good without much paint though.

I agree, it looks great without paint Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childhood Treasures of Shanti   Childhood Treasures of Shanti - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Childhood Treasures of Shanti
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4