Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Logan'sArk

Logan'sArk

Country/State : United States

Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant Empty
PostSubject: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:45 pm

I'm looking to make more complicated animal dioramas similar to those found in museums and such. One of the first I'd like to try is with the Safari ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant figure. After this I'd like to try more, but I want the figures in said dioramas to be in scale with each other. Does anyone know of or perhaps have a list of figurines that may be in scale with this particular figure? (I apologize if something like this has been asked before. I think I might have seen a discussion about it, but I am unable to find it at the moment.)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 10:12 pm

Sounds like a great idea !!! Starting with that huge, beautyful model, it should be possible to find other models to scale .
I hope you will show us when you have made it Very Happy

There may well be some that can help you about scale, - it is not my strong side Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 pm

We have a topic for 1:32 scale and a generic topic for scales and many little discussions around the 1:22 scale but these are hard to find.
1:24 scale is one of the most common scales in this hobby.
I am sure Christophe will help you a lot with this subject but for example, Noah's Pals models are in 1:24 scale. There are a good number of African animals you can use.
This scale in major brands is only used for animals whose size goes from a Cape buffalo to a rhino. You have also the Preiser line in 1:24 scale.
Schleich zebra is in 1:22 scale, you can use it although it will work somewhat big.
All standard sized animals smaller than zebras are too big for your elephant. So, you can't use felines or antelopes from these companies.
Curiously the Safari Wildlife Wonders giraffe is marketed as 1:23 scale. I hope you can get useful help because that's one of the most interesting scales in this hobby.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 9:51 am

Ohh, yes. Noah's Pals are in 1:24 scale Very Happy

So it is a question of finding some more available African models of the same size cheers

I am a bit busy the next couple of days, but will see what I can find Wink

Which animals are you mainly interested in ?

Logan'sArk

Logan'sArk

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 4:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohh, yes. Noah's Pals are in 1:24 scale Very Happy

So it is a question of finding some more available African models of the same size cheers

I am a bit busy the next couple of days, but will see what I can find Wink

Which animals are you mainly interested in ?

I'm mostly looking for larger fauna like giraffes, equids, bears, large felines, deer, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, etc. I might be interested in some larger birds and reptiles as well but we'll see.

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 7:53 pm

As Rogério says, for larger species, many figures by the major brands are useful. For smaller species, Japanese brands will be useable, and sometimes the smaller species in toobs and those by vintage brands. If you are strict about scale, don't trust the manufacturer's scale, as it is often wrong.

I collect in 1:32 scale, and I spend a lot of time measuring the figures on TAW and STS with a ruler on my screen, using size information such as Lego blocks, the Schleich man (45 mm with ring on head), etc.

It's time consuming to collect to scale, but also good fun, as you discover many different brands that you'd otherwise not look into. And while you look up the sizes of animal, you also learn a lot about the animals themselves.

PostSubject: Re: Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant   Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant Empty

Back to top Go down

Figurines to scale with Safari Ltd. Wildlife Wonders African Elephant
Page 1 of 1