Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1:12 scale African Elephant Cow

Go down 
+2
Roger
elephas_maximus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

1:12 scale African Elephant Cow Empty
PostSubject: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 2:20 am

I recently acquired a 1:12 scale African elephant cow by Geene_Models. The figure is nicely sculpted and comes in model kit form with 11 pieces.  
The body is hollow cast which saves on weight, the rest of the pieces are solid resin.  There was no cleanup needed as the parts were cast very cleanly, mould lines are hard to see, and fit together well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I felt the trunk was too short so I lengthened it with wire and expoxy putty.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Next to the Schleich 1:32 scale African elephant
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 3:31 am

That's a fantastic elephant! Shocked 1:12, what a nice scale to use with lots and lots of other African figures. I believe it is not cheap at all but it is really interesting. Being hollow in that size is an advantage, I guess. Thanks for showing and congratulaitons for getting it. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:13 am

Wonderful but huge model!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:00 am

Beautiful elephant and really big model! Congratulations, I think it's really nice additions to your collection! cheers elephant
I have never heard of Geene Models, how did you find them? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 am

What a fnatastic, wonderful model cheers
I think it is the best elephant model I have ever seen, especially after you made the trunk a little longer, - strange that he din't get that right scratch

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 3:13 pm

She's gorgeous! Shocked Congratulations on getting her Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 11:29 pm

Thanks for the comments Andreas, and Julie.

Roger: Yes being hollow saves a lot of weight, it was so much easier to put this model together due to being lighter.  The other large models I have are solid and the added weight is difficult to handle when gluing on parts or painting.

Anna: I found out about the brand through Facebook, they mainly do dinosaurs.  The only present day animals they made were a 1:32 black rhino and this larger elephant.

Susanne: Thanks, I also like it now with the longer trunk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale African Elephant Cow   1:12 scale African Elephant Cow Empty

Back to top Go down

1:12 scale African Elephant Cow
Page 1 of 1