Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TAI Additions and Corrections

Go down 
+2
Roger
Birdsage
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 pm

The links work now. It looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 9:13 pm

Roger wrote:
These suggestions are very helpful and I will edit what is possible according with your suggestions but we cannot use pictures of EBAY sellers on TAW without their permission.
Starting with deer, I believe you are aware that AAA has a white-tailed deer buck mould, you can see it here.
It is not surprising they use the fallow deer mould with other colors to represent other species but it won't be easy to get on TAW once these variations are so many. I will think about the best way to do it.
Fawns are a different question because both fawn moulds were really used as fawns to many species, from deers to gazelles and in this case it is really the painting that determines what it is.

Are you sure about the salmon? It is marketed as a baby salmon and it looks like a salmon to me, not an Arctic cod at all. Could you be more explicit on it?

Warthog mispelling is fixed now.

I've never found the lighter leopard marketed as a snow leopard and it is not painted like the other snow leopards but I accepted your suggestion and it is now listed as a different figure.

Easy fix for Tigers, just a (*) missing, very well spotted, you have editor eyes. Laughing

What do you suggest we should do about the Canada goose, to put a note?

I agree about the iguanas, Chinese water dragon corresponds perfectly to the mould and it is an Iguania although not an Iguana.
To be fair, I never worked exaustively in this page of AAA reptiles, it is still needing a big reformulation and that's one of the sections I'd left for a more reptile versed editor.

Chameleon is correctly identified once the common chameleon is the Mediterranean chameleon. To turn our editing work more coerent, we use the common names used at the Wikipedia. What is missing really is a page for that species and I will do it.

About the remaining, again the same question, do we have Gwangi’s and Brontodocus’s permission to use their photos?

The fact is, AAA made, throughout the years, many mistakes when labeling their models. For example, their Hatching Brachiosaurus is labelled "Apatosaurus" and vice versa. Not only that, but they once made a cloven-hooved donkey. Plus, their Right Whale figure was sold with a tag on which was written "Balaena mysticetus", whic is the latin name for the Bowhead Whale (this is why I call my AAA Right Whale "Bowhead Whale").
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 9:38 pm

I found out that the adult Grevy's Zebra was absent in Toy Animal Wiki. Since I have it at home, I have decided to add it there. The AAA Grevy Zebras area is now complete in the page.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 11:19 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I found out that the adult Grevy's Zebra was absent in Toy Animal Wiki. Since I have it at home, I have decided to add it there. The AAA Grevy Zebras area is now complete in the page.

Great decision and very well done, Valérie! 🐰

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: a page to fill   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 5:05 am

Dear Roger and others:

Hey, could somebody create the page for the following AAA panda and polar bear cubs? I tried to create these myself, but I really don't know how to create a page. The cubs are as follows:

Polar Bear Cub Crawling

and

Panda Cub Crawling.

I say crawling for both of these, because even though they're made from the same mold, the pose looks like they're crawling to me. And yes, they _are made from the same mold, I checked. Also, Roger, how does an editor go about creating a page or link to a figure on Taw? Just wondering, because if I could create the pages myself, then all we'd have to do is add the pictures later. See? It works, right? Anyway, as for other corrections, do we need pictures of a AAA Jumbo Manta Ray, because I'm getting one from veghead soon, so I just thought that I should put it in the portrait box. What do you think? Also, what AAA pictures of mine do you already have? On your computer, I mean? The reason why I ask is that I have a bunch of figures in the portrait box, and I don't know what to do. I mean really, getting pictures of these shouldn't be hard, but you know, that's what happens when there's a pandemic, I guess. Anyway, one last question, if the alligator snapping turtle from veghead is made by AAA, do you want a picture of it?

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 7:55 am

Aschuck, you can find how to build something on TAW HERE Very Happy

If you still have questions I will be happy to answer.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 10:37 am

aschuck wrote:
Dear Roger and others:

Hey, could somebody create the page for the following AAA panda and polar bear cubs? I tried to create these myself, but I really don't know how to create a page. The cubs are as follows:

Polar Bear Cub Crawling

and

Panda Cub Crawling.

I say crawling for both of these, because even though they're made from the same mold, the pose looks like they're crawling to me. And yes, they _are made from the same mold, I checked.  Also, Roger, how does an editor go about creating a page or link to a figure on Taw? Just wondering, because if I could create the pages myself, then all we'd have to do is add the pictures later. See? It works, right? Anyway, as for other corrections, do we need pictures of a AAA Jumbo Manta Ray, because I'm getting one from veghead soon, so I just thought that I should put it in the portrait box. What do you think? Also, what AAA pictures of mine do you already have? On your computer, I mean? The reason why I ask is that I have a bunch of figures in the portrait box, and I don't know what to do. I mean really, getting pictures of these shouldn't be hard, but you know, that's what happens when there's a pandemic, I guess. Anyway, one last question, if the alligator snapping turtle from veghead is made by AAA, do you want a picture of it?

Aschuck

Anna, to open a new page you have to add a link to that page and the name of this new page can't be the same as any other existing page.
I used your suggestion and I opened links to the giant panda cub crawling and the polar bear cub crawling, now the pictures should be uploaded to the pages of these links and the information of the animal, brand and series added to it. All steps can be read through the link [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] provided. However, if you have the pictures, I can do it for you as usual.
Let me just know which cubs are you talking about? Are these figures facing left, with the two front legs stretched forward and the two back legs giving a wide step?
Yes, the jumbo manta ray is needed and both snapping turtles are listed already on TAW as big-headed turtles.
As you probably understand, I receive loads of pictures from different collectors, so I do not take note of what pictures I receive from each person. That's the reason why you stored your figures that you had no chance of photographing in that box. If you want to put the figures out, there's no problem, we will find pictures soon or later.

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Cubs information   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 5:45 pm

Dear Roger and Others:

The Panda and Polar Bear cubs crawling are on all fours, very close to the ground, although they have no base, or ground, underneath them. They are looking straight ahead, and one paw is slightly turned inward. The other three are just straight, but if I can get you a picture, you'll be able to see that they both look like they're crawling. Also, I think the heads of these are slightly lowered. By the way, thanks so much for creating the pages for these. Also, Kikimalou, if I have any more questions for you regarding links, I'll let you know. Also, Roger, are you sure we have a picture of the alligator snapping turtle large already? If we do, then that's great. Anyway, if I have any more news about AAA additions, then I'll let you all know.

Aschuck.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 9:27 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Aschuck, you can find how to build something on TAW HERE Very Happy

If you still have questions I will be happy to answer.

Or you could simple go via copy-paste and replace everything that is to be replaced in the new page created. This is how I work, being totally dumb with computer programmations.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 10:22 pm

It is also a very wise solution
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAI Additions and Corrections   TAI Additions and Corrections - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TAI Additions and Corrections
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2