Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)

Go down 
+29
bmathison1972
Birdsage
rogerpgvg
Bloodrayne
Joliezac
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
George
RtasVadumee
Jill
Burgerenby
sunny
Seeway
Markus
spacelab
Mitsukuni
costicuba
Ana
Kikimalou
Taos
SUSANNE
Bonnie
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Roger
widukind
Loon
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 3:12 am

I would like more photos of the Paraceratherium. I want it. cheers cheers cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 9:30 am

Beautiful collection! I love it Very Happy Inspiring way of displaying them too! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 8:37 pm

Taos wrote:
Beautiful displays!!! Applause Applause Applause

Thank you!

Kikimalou wrote:
These are really excellent displays Applause  Beautiful models and a very nice, dusty but clear way to show them  Very Happy
The Indricotherium is really fantastic, is it at 1/35 ?

Thanks. The Paraceratherium is actually around 1:22 scale, which works for me since a lot of Cenozoic figures (extinct and extant) hang out in that range.

landrover wrote:

I would like more photos of the Paraceratherium. I want it. cheers cheers cheers

When I get the chance. I'll take some.

Ana wrote:
Beautiful collection! I love it Very Happy Inspiring way of displaying them too! cheers

Thank you, I really appreciate all the kind words.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 8:41 pm

Wonderful collection Loon ! cheers
I really like your choise of models and the way you are displaying them. Applause
Many of them are in my collection too :)

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 11:30 am

costicuba wrote:
Wonderful collection Loon !  cheers
I really like your choise of models and the way you are displaying them.  Applause
Many of them are in my collection too :)

Thank you!

Would you believe it? Even more figures have joined my collection since the first post.

Papo Snow Leopard (2014)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This wasn't a figure I was all too fussed with when I first received it. The dull, yellow-looking colors made it feel like a toy that had been left outside for decades, constantly exposed to sunlight, despite being a new figure. It had been in a box for the past few months, waiting to be sold, but when it came time to take pictures for that sale, I don't know, it grew on me. Despite many companies having made snow leopards, many of which with better colors than this one, all of their sculpts were really smooth and simple, so this looks to be the best bet for the foreseeable future.

Battat Cryolophosaurus (2014)
Same thing here as with the Snow Leopard. I was never the biggest fan of this figure, but there are so few Cryolophosaurus models out there and this one is definitely one of the nicest of that narrow category. Also, it was pretty fun to get it in its own box, as opposed to the way they're sold on Amazon now. reminded me of when I first was collecting and I'd buy them at Target.

Schleich Manatee (2021)
Probably the least exciting figure out of this lot, but definitely one of my favorites. This is one of those increasingly rare really good Schleich models that is just a solid replica of the animal. I love it and I'm happy to finally have a member of sirenia in my collection.

CollectA Mamenchisaurus (2021)
This figure is so nice. Not only that, it's super big, which is good as sauropods go. I'd say this is probably the second largest after the Atlasaurus from Eofauna, or it's at least tied.
With my other sauropods.

CollectA Basking Shark (2021)
Between this and the Mamenchisaurus, I can't quite decide which is my favorite figure of this haul. For so long, I made do with Safari's Basking Shark, which, while good, was so small. And, honestly, after getting this one, I can't say I miss it. This figure just knocks the ball out of the park. I love how relatively complex the detail work is in terms of the patterns and the paint inside the mouth.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Amazing new additions again, and really interesting to read your views too! sunny cheers
I love the manatee, it looks a lot better than I previously thought- Schleich really have made a beauty here! sunny
The Mamenchisaurus is stunning too- wow! So big and so detailed!! Applause Applause And amazing that you already have some of the CollectA 2021 figures, I think this is the first time I have seen them on STS other than when they were first announced, and they look wonderful! I didn't know they were available to buy yet, I'd be really interested to know where you found yours? Very Happy
A joy to see these figures in real life by this top brand! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Very interesting species, above all the Manatee and the Basking shark! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 5:40 pm

Lovely batch again. The basking shark is the star for me! Congrats.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 3:55 am

landrover wrote:

Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures of it:

I-Toy Paraceratherium (2020)

A size comparison with some other 1:22(ish) scale figures:

Bonnie wrote:
Amazing new additions again, and really interesting to read your views too! sunny cheers
I love the manatee, it looks a lot better than I previously thought- Schleich really have made a beauty here! sunny
The Mamenchisaurus is stunning too- wow! So big and so detailed!! Applause Applause And amazing that you already have some of the CollectA 2021 figures, I think this is the first time I have seen them on STS other than when they were first announced, and they look wonderful! I didn't know they were available to buy yet, I'd be really interested to know where you found yours? Very Happy
A joy to see these figures in real life by this top brand! Very Happy

Thank you! I always find writing a bit about a figure, helps me realize what I like and dislike about them. Definitely gives me more of a connection to them than just buying them and putting them on the shelf when they arrive.

As for the new CollectA figures, I've been getting mine from Minizoo. They get them right away, and since Australia isn't too far from California in the grand scheme of things, shipping can be as cheap or cheaper than some domestic sellers. So, I always go with them.

Caracal wrote:
Very interesting species, above all the Manatee and the Basking shark! cheers cheers

Thank you! I love those two as well.

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Lovely batch again. The basking shark is the star for me! Congrats.

Thank you, and I completely agree, it's so well made.

Alright, the last new figure for now.

PNSO "Bart" the Pinacosaurus (2021)
This is a really nice figure. I have to say, it's probably my favorite ankylosaurid model, but I'm a big fan of Pinacosaurus in general, so I'm probably biased. I can't say I was too thrilled about the price, it's about $25 plus shipping for a figure that's pretty tiny. I guess there was a long enough gap between the purchase and it got here that I sort of got over it.

With some fellow members from the Djadochta Formation of Mongolia (not to scale).
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 10:27 am

Thank you very much for the information, and this Pinacosaurus is wonderful! cheers cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 8:47 am

Bonnie wrote:
Thank you very much for the information, and this Pinacosaurus is wonderful! cheers cheers sunny

You're welcome, and it is very nice, that's for sure.

Alright, more shelves have been dusted,s o here they are:

Jurassic shelf 1 (non-Morrison Formation)

The Morrison Formation (Jurassic 2)

Early Cretaceous shelf 1

Early Cretaceous shelf 2

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 12:47 pm

Very Happy thank you for the closer pictures of Paraceratherium and big congratulations for all these magnifiscent early cretaceous shelves! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Such stunnijg displays again! I really do need that Safari sarchosuchus like, yesterday...Wink Is that amphibian a koolasuchus or similar? Can you tell us more about it?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 6:28 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy  thank you for the closer pictures of Paraceratherium and big congratulations for all these magnifiscent early cretaceous shelves! cheers cheers

You're welcome and thank you!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Such stunnijg displays again! I really do need that Safari sarchosuchus like, yesterday...Wink Is that amphibian a koolasuchus or similar? Can you tell us more about it?

Thanks, and yeah, the sarcosuchus is such a good model. I'd argue it's a better looking crocodilian than most of the extant figures released. As for the amphibian, it is a Koolasuchus. It's made by Paleo-Creatures. I got mine from Everything Dinosaur, but, it looks like they've been out of stock for a while now. The artist behind the company has gone on hiatus, so hopefully his figures become available again soon.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Well, where do I start? scratch

Newcomers ? Very Happy Congratulation, I agree your Papo snow leopard hasn’t the best painting ever but it is still number one (by far) in the Toy world. It's sad to see that the quality of the paint has dropped to such an extent for Papo.
I’m not a big fan too of the Battat Cryolophosaurus, nevertheless it is the best choice with the Carnegie one. For now my favorite is the Kaiyodo skull Laughing . I would love to see at last a ”furry” Cryolophosaurus.
The Schleich manatee is fine and the eyes are not too big, it could be on my shelves if I didn't already have the one from Papo.
The Mamenchisaurus is excellent, I never thought about buying it but you are dangerously tempted me.
And the Basking shark . Could you make a walkaround of it ? I would love to watch it. bounce

Now the Parceratherium. Thank you for the pics. The guy is pricey but I understand why now. What a huge and beautiful citizen. cheers I have the 1/40 Fauna Cast one so i could be happy but I have also a BIG empty place on my 1/22 Prehistoric shelf (I’ve just discovered it since I saw your pics Wink ). I’m affraid I won’t resist anymore.

The Pinacosaurus is excellent, Kostas walkaround already broke my heart and I’m waiting for mine now.

Your shelves… I already said I love them (despite seeing to much red wire Laughing ). When I look at my crowded shelves I envy you.

By the way, the CollectA Iguanodon looks excellent. At that size I only own the Toyway WWD one, I was thinking to change it for the last Kinto Favorite but now… I don’t know !

At last, your pics are very nice and you have models which still aren’t on TAW, could you make some pics with a Lego or something like that to complete the Wiki ?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:32 am

Beautiful shelves again, I love the lighting because it really brings out the details in the models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 3:24 am

Thanks, everyone for the comments.

For some time now, I've been watching the model horse community from afar. I'm not the biggest horse person, it's just not an animal I've ever had that particularly special connection to. Still, I found the whole concept of collecting multiple models of what are basically the same animal pretty interesting, and well, I had to see what all the hubbub was about.

This is "High Tide" from Breyer.
This is my first normal-sized Breyer horse. As I understand it, there are two prominent scales, I believe the other is the 1:9 scale. Having this stallion in hand made me realize why people collect these, it's very well detailed sculpt-wise, and has an impressive movement to it that you really don't see often in smaller models, which are either too subtle and neutral or are in wacky nonsense poses. This pose isn't either, it's very natural looking.
I also now understand why horse collectors seem to not love the fantastical looking paint schemes on their figures, "decorators" is what I believe these are called. Not that this isn't nice, and I love the idea of a water horse, but I feel like the paint is a bit over-the-top. I think the silver is trying to convey seafoam, and it doesn't really work for me. I do think the translucent blue looks excellent on this figure, as the flowing mane and tail have a nice wave-like look.
Still, I really enjoy this figure, at least as a novelty. I don't plan on really collecting Breyer figures, but I've been wanting to check one out for a bit. Though, that may change. I've already bought a second one and oooo.... It looks very nice. I'll share that one when it arrives for sure.

Back to top Go down
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 am

Your collection is beautiful cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 5:29 am

I will be the first to tell you, Breyer fever is ever so contagious! While I also don't get too excited about the more artistic varieties of breyer this one is quite nice! And I am excited to see who you chose to follow.. can't wait to see. Breyers have a certain artistry to them that most major brand horses and animals in general lack. You hit thw nail on the head with details like sculpt itself and movement. Great new post update!!!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 10:52 am

Wow what a beauty- I just love the water theme to this horse, so flowing and beautiful!! cheers cheers
I completely agree, Breyeres are stunning, and this one has such an active, powerful and full of life pose- I always think that a Breyer always brings a shelf of models to life! Very Happy
Really looking forward to seeing your next horse! bounce
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Great models!Breyer fever is continuing to cast its spell!! Smile Smile Smile

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Nice collection

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 4:33 am

I really like it !
Great choice for your first Breyer cheers
It is really beautiful, the effect of the mane and tail looking like waves, the blue collour is wonderful
and I actually really like this silver pattern.
If I didn`t have already this model, with the original colour as model of the year 2019, I would surely get this one :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:03 pm

Despite the effort of that Breyer to get all atention, it is really the paraceratherium that impresses me so much.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 11:28 pm

Roger wrote:
Despite the effort of that Breyer to get all atention, it is really the paraceratherium that impresses me so much.

The same for me drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)   Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan. 16)
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next