Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos

Go down 
+4
widukind
SUSANNE
Bonnie
Loon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos Empty
PostSubject: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021, 15:38

Hi all, I wanted to share my customs. Well, not my customs; I own them, but I can't paint to save my life. These are actually commissions from Dinosaur Toy Forum member paintingdinos. Check out her repaint thread here, she's extremely talented.

So, to start off, I figured I'd share one of the first repaints she ever did for me. This is the PNSO Shantungosaurus with colors and patterns that are a mix of okapi and collared lizard.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Loon on Wed 31 Mar 2021, 02:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021, 18:04

Stunning repaint! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021, 18:11

FANTASTIC cheers

It has lots of beauty, and that touch of humour that makes it so exceptionel Applause cheers Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyFri 26 Mar 2021, 18:12

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptySat 27 Mar 2021, 22:34

Thank you guys for the comments!

Next up is a custom base that paintingdinos made for my Australian Age of Dinosaurs Australovenator "Banjo." Living in Southern California means that my bipedal figures often suffer from tilting due to the heat. Unfortunately, Banjo was another victim. Luckily, this base has enabled him to stay in the collection when other figures would have been sold or given to my niece.

The base is inspired by the dinosaur trackways of Lark Quarry from the Winton Formation of Australia. It's debatable as to whether Australovenator itself is present in these footprints, but, we went with it anyway.

She even put little plants on the rocks.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptySun 28 Mar 2021, 09:02

Wow, you have painted him beautifully! cheers cheers
I love the rocky display too, it makes him look even more realistic! Very Happy And Banjo is a great name! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptySun 28 Mar 2021, 15:23

Oh, I love them! Very beautiful! They make me want to try repainting some PNSO dinosaurs too Very Happy Very inspiring, then you for showing them here! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptySun 28 Mar 2021, 17:21

Splendid custom models! Really great photos and paint schemes too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021, 02:11

Thanks for the nice words everyone, but of course, all credit goes to paintingdinos. I can't thank her enough.

Ok, time for the next paintingdinos custom. This time it's a repaint of Safari's 2017 Giganotosaurus inspired by James Gurney's ("Dinotopia") piece.
Credit: James Gurney.

This was one of my favorite pieces of paleoart growing up, I remember having a big book that had it on the cover. It may sound cheesy now, but it gave me the same feeling I had when I first saw a clip of Jurassic Park on TV like I was really seeing dinosaurs. That I just love James Gurney's art in general.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021, 03:58

A true work of art. Marvellous again! This artist you have is really talented.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyWed 31 Mar 2021, 08:30

Another beautiful repaint to join your collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 01:49

I appreciate the kind words, her work is truly so stunning.

Speaking of, here's another figure she repainted for me. This is one of my favorite figures in my whole collection. It's the Favorite Co. Soft Model Dunkleosteus redone with colors and patterns inspired by a mix of a tiger shark and an alligator gar.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 02:56

Oh wow, how stunning! Really great work there again. I can see why it is your favorite.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 06:32

Excellent "convergent evolution" repaint Applause
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 08:57

Another wonderful repaint, I love how the mouth glistens- so realistic! Shocked Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 10:18

Great color versions again! I love the choice for the Giganotosaurus Very Happy I'm also a big fan of James Gurney's artwork, not only his paleoart and Dinotopia but also a lot of other themes he paints. His book about color and light is absolutely brilliant, there is a ton of precious information for any painter I love you

I've only learned about his art a few years ago and bought myself a few of his books. Dinotopia is wonderful and I love it, but ironically my 12 years old son doesn't seem very interested in it. I think I would have loved them as a kid, but they were simply not available in my country back in the days. study

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos EmptyMon 05 Apr 2021, 11:48

Wonderful models!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos   Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos Empty

Back to top Go down

Loon's Custom Figures by Paintingdinos
Page 1 of 1