Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New custom figures (sort of)!

Go down 
+7
pm64
widukind
Thylacineotway
HKHollinstone
JonasV
cattlecollector
Philter4
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

New custom figures (sort of)! Empty
PostSubject: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:40 am

It's been a while since I've posted, later check the REAL ANIMAL TOPICS to see just one of the things that has been keeping me away from miniatures, I'll post a thread there later tonight, but back to this topic.  

I have received several figures including the female forest buffalo to the Harriet/Anna set.  I finally had some time to take some photos, here is the pair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also put the first coat of paint on the pair of Andrew's 3-D elephants, I did add the highlights just for the photos but right now it is just the basic gray primer.  Here are some photos, first the new pair, the calf he change to a bull, and the cow is a bit larger and bulkier then the original.

Here are the two cows, it gives a good idea how he can change every aspect of the figure fairly easily.

And the two calves, again the little bull came from modifying the original calf figure.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 1:30 am

Very nice pictures! Congratulations on such wonderful figures.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 3:46 am

Love these!

Good pics cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:07 am

Fabulous additions Phil, love Andrew's newer elephant model!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Thylacineotway

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:28 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 11:52 am

Phil, i really really like your new animals and dioramas!! All is wonderful!!!:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Phil,

it's all so fantastic ! And those marvelous plants......! cheers 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Fantastic! cheers

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 am

Wonderful photos, and I like the elephants, and the buffalo... and well everything  Very Happy. I was actually considering making similar box-dioramas in the future. I don't think I've seen this before, but do you buy or make your palmetto leaves?
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:45 am

Geospiza fortis wrote:
Wonderful photos, and I like the elephants, and the buffalo... and well everything  Very Happy. I was actually considering making similar box-dioramas in the future. I don't think I've seen this before, but do you buy or make your palmetto leaves?
I make all of my trees and bushes from scratch, the palmetto fronds are laser cut paper, if you need some I do sell them from time to time, just PM me if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 am

Thanks for posting the images Phil, the elephants look great with the first layer of grey. Can't wait to see them in your big Indian diorama.

The forest buffalo look really nice in their habitat too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Elephants Rule

Elephants Rule

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Great figures! The forest buffalo couple looks awesome, and Andrew's elephants are always spectacular. By the way, you do a great job with recreating habitats with your plants. I can't wait to see your finished large-scale Indian diorama myself.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New custom figures (sort of)!   New custom figures (sort of)! Empty

Back to top Go down

New custom figures (sort of)!
Page 1 of 1