Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  Empty
PostSubject: ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~    ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 12:13 pm

So I've made this thread for some of my horse customs and will try keep at it  Razz

It's been an absolutely hectic week/fortnight and I needed some serious stress relief.
In between getting study sorted, chemistry, a new job and a LOT of doctor's appointments...

~ Schleich Hanoverian ~
- Before
(sorry, forgot to take a photo, let's call it the generic one Laughing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
)

- After
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I gotta admit, I had a lot of fun with this one. The hair, well, that's because I just wanted to see what it would look like! Laughing I think she looks pretty sweet, though I cannot get that forelock to stay put! (Some more time and elastic bands I think silent )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(And a Knabstrupper for size comparison.)
Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. Not sure I'd be going with the haired versions all the time, it's almost as difficult as some of my mixed media sculptures of furred dogs. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~    ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Very pretty custom! Very Happy What a sweet face sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~    ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Beautiful work! The paint scheme is lovely and the hair is really fun.  Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~    ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 4:36 pm

Such a beautiful transformation, and I love how you have done the mane and tail! cheers sunny
I've never seen this before but it's such a clever technique- makes the horse look so realistic! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~    ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 7:41 pm

Oh, lovely idea, and I really like the curly texture of the hair!

I use (normal, bought-for-humans!) hair mousse to tame manes, especially forelocks. Just comb a bit in, style it while it's wet, then comb it through once it's completely dry, and it stays in the right place without needing the elastic band treatment Laughing I know some people use gel on them but I've not tried that - I was recommended mousse the first time I bought a haired custom from another artist, and bought a can specially for the model herd. It doesn't take much, for such a small amount of hair, so I've been using the same can ever since Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~    ~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~  Empty

Back to top Go down

~ Miss Jane's Horse Customs ~
Page 1 of 1