Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 8:17 am

I was just looking at a couple Yowies Gummies cats, and they're those molds- the Bengal is your black and white cat, and the Siamese is Batcat.

You're getting some very interesting horses!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks guys! I agree, the PV are really good for their size. Just the right balance of realism and tininess.

pipsxlch wrote:
I was just looking at a couple Yowies Gummies cats, and they're those molds- the Bengal is your black and white cat, and the Siamese is Batcat.

You're getting some very interesting horses!
Aaaa I saw your pictures!! I'll definitely be on the lookout for those, is that a series that's currently in stores somewhere? Gotta add to my weird tiny cat army.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 8:45 am

So many wonderful additions, PV are definitely worth it and those cats have so much character! cheers So many horses too, perfect for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Very nice horses and dogs , your collection keeps growing . sunny sunny

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 01, 2021 3:42 pm

The Gummies are out if stores now (I think, haven't seen them for several months) though you can still get them on eBay and Amazon. Ebay might be the best bet to find the exact figure hit the blind bags.

I really regret not knowing about and getting PVs when they were current. They had some very interesting things and often pretty well made.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 12:44 am

I don't search actively for Play Visions but I don't think there are PV easy to find. Maybe the sharks are the easiest but a few sets are really rare, so rare that after all these years some figures remain unknown to us. If you want to collect PV bulks, you will find a lot of fun doing it, they are really nice.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 2:32 am

Nicht newcomers again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 1:29 pm

Thanks everyone! It does just keep growing, haha. Life's a bit stressful right now, so that means . . . retail therapy!

I got a few boxes over the weekend. Speaking of Play Visions . . . most excited about this arrival this time around! A few more to join the crowd. :) I love the wild cat set jaguar the most, but all of them are quite nice, I love these little guys.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And another addition I am super excited about was more Marx dogs (probably?). Three of them are color variations on molds I already have, though I do really like the newest Irish terrier, but the other two are brand new for me! The German Shepherd and the Doberman.

Added a few more Yowies to the crowd, too. The numbat was one I wanted most, but he conviently came with several others I also really liked.

And the extras in the Yowie lot were not bad, I really like the brown bear and the snail.

This delightful family also settled in! I really need more crocodilians in general. (The Not-Steve-Irwin guy cracks me up)

And some fun extras from that box as well! The turtles are all China pencil toppers in molds I have seen used by actual brands. Great candidates for customizing, if I ever work up the nerve.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 2:28 pm

The wild cats of Playvisions are marvellous.

I like the fennec Yowies and the snail. I like the color of the buterfly too.

cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 9:09 pm

Perfect therapy. when you love these smaller animal figures, you can't avoid Play Visions, i think they are the most iconic models of that category.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:08 am

Lovely additions!!

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:20 am

So many wonderful new models- there are no better distractions than these lovely little animal figures! Very Happy
Those PV big cats are fantastic finds- I love the one far left! And the dogs are so lovely too, it must be so satisfying to be gradually completing the Marx dog series! The GSD and Dobermann are very elegant, and the variations are really interesting finds! cheers
I also really love that Yowie fennec- so sweet! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 2:54 pm

You got so many neat figures- love the GSD of course, the snail is really cool, the caracal seems to be one of the harder Yowies to come across (the fennec is a favorite of mine too), those turtles are great and I really like some of those crocodilians. Congratulations! cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Really great models! The safari swamp toob is neat. It looks like you have found some great ebay finds which is always a win!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2021 4:11 pm

Jill, you might want to check out the Yowies trade thread also. I'm not sure how up to date people's listings are, but most there would probably be willing to sell the figures or trade for non Yowies. Reminds me I need to update.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 12:47 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 8:17 am

Thank you everyone! :)

pipsxlch wrote:
Jill, you might want to check out the Yowies trade thread also. I'm not sure how up to date people's listings are, but most there would probably be willing to sell the figures or trade for non Yowies. Reminds me I need to update.
That's a good idea! I hadn't realized there was one.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:52 am

Many great small animals! The PVs, Yowies and dogs are all amazing. What is the croc with young one on top? And to the left of that one, are there three on top of each other? Intriguing.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 12:52 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Many great small animals! The PVs, Yowies and dogs are all amazing. What is the croc with young one on top? And to the left of that one, are there three on top of each other? Intriguing.
They are all from the Alligators Alive Safari toob! They are called "alligator with babies on back" and "alligator babies."

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Thanks, nice toob. I discovered on TAW that the trainer was only produced for a short time, great that it was included in your toob.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 7:14 am

What a month it's been, yikes.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have really missed keeping up with things over here and have gotten way behind on thread updates!! I'll start getting back into the happy world of little plastic creatures with a collection update and go from there . . .

Really excited to add some more play visions. There's been quite a few on ebay lately, but I couldn't afford ALL of them, haha. But these are so wonderful, I really didn't expect these sea turtles to be as detailed as they are!

And my most favorite of the ones I've found recently was the Chow Chow. I didn't even realize there was a dog set until I found him . . . and a few excellent friends as well! I had missed the painted dog in another lot some time ago and was bummed about it, so it's nice to have found it again.
EDIT: Just realized I included the wrong cheetah, haha, this is the guy from the last update. I added the more yellow one this time!

Also found two more Funrise Horses (nearing the end of that collection), and they came with a bunch of these MMTL horses. And the Safari minis were actually gifts from my parents from their trip across the country. They picked them up for me at a zoo gift shop! Razz

And last but not least, my Kid Kore line up has been growing. These little guys are tricky to track down!

Last edited by Jill on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 7:25 am

Oh, I love the turtles, they're great! It's surprising how often these small figures turn out to be more detailed and effectively painted than you'd expect. The little mixed lot of dog breeds and african wildlife is lovely, too!
Glad to see you back in the swing of mini animals, they can be a good distraction when other things haven't been great :)

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 7:32 am

There are 2 versions of the wild dog, both are quite nice. Great new additions! I love the turtles and dogs. Great to see your kidkore horses and funrise collections! Great update my friend, we have missed you. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 3:11 pm

Great to see you back, was hoping you were well!

I enjoy the turtles, but WOW the Rottie and Chow! Didn't know they had a dog series either.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 8:19 pm

Great and rare additions. Congrats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24] - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 4.30.24]
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next