Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 11:54 am

Wow, such an amazing variety, I always admire your ability to dig out even the rarest of models to complete your sets and series! cheers And those Japanese models look stunning, knowing your collecting taste I'm sure you'll be buying more soon and I agree that it's such a shame that often they're so hard to get or too expensive! And your dogs!! cheers cheers I love all these little celluloid models that you're finding that are completely new to me, they're so sweet and full of personality and I love the variety of breeds. And an added bonus that you found some Schleich minis! Loads of wonderful models! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 9:12 pm

Thank you, Bonnie! I do expect more Japanese models to enter the collection eventually. Laughing They are too lovely.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Going on a big trip soon, so summer spending on figures is over. Here is the wrap up for the season. cheers

I had some very good luck this month, and one of the luckiest chain of events was getting this Breyer fighting bull. After putting an ISO out on my Breyer group and learning that he is usually $50 - $200 without shipping, I decided I probably would not get to add him to my collection. However, a very kind stranger offered me one at ONLY the cost of shipping, and so now I have this handsome model that I literally had a dream about gracing my shelves!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I found a few other much smaller Breyers at incredible prices as well. Three new G1 thoroughbred mares joined the herd. The regular run bay, the dark bay from the 1995 JC Penny catalogue, and liver chestnut from the 1998 Sears catalouge. I love the JC Penny and Sears sets, probably because they are mini completable collections all to themselves. (In my bad lighting, they all sort of look the same color, haha)

In the same lot I got four in a newer mold, the G3 friesian. I don't have many from this era, and those I do have are in a box right now, but these four guys really won me over. I was most surprised to learn later than the black appaloosa is Wolfgang, a Stablemate Collector's Club horse in 2017, for whom I paid less than original cost. The liver chestnut is a blind bag, the red bay is from the Horse Lover's shadowbox set, and the green and black decorator was a blind bag chase model. Decorators are interesting for me. I don't usually like them, but what I do sometimes like is when they do a realistic pattern in decorator colors, like this guy. If horses WERE metallic green, they might be metallic green "bay" like this. Plus, he's just a very pretty color. I do love shiny things. So I do have a few decorators in my collection! (That and I love the original decorator patterns just from a vintage icon perspective.)

Beyond Breyer, I found more Play Visions, AND I finally moved things around so all my Play Visions are now out. They don't look nice yet, I still need to organize them tastefully, but at least I can see them all!

The wild dogs (and hyena) set were the ones I was most excited about. I always say pretty much all the sets are "one of my favorites" but I really mean it this time. Laughing I had bemoaned missing the chance to get a few of them back over a year ago before I really knew about play visions, and I was so excited to find them in a large lot that included a lot of other play visions at a very reasonable price, so the lizards, shark, and porpoises and quite a few doubles also joined us. The warthog is from widukind's store!

Also from Andreas are these, and while I am excited for all of them, I am thrilled to add the K&M hyena! With her strange human-like teeth!

From other forum members, I was able to add to my PEC collection. I love these little weirdos and their mysterious origins.

My trade with Mitsukuni was PEC and these guys, a pair of Nayab(?) hyenas and the surprise and extremely generous gift of Safari's handsome dingo!! My little dingo family welcomes this new member as the probably most legitimate looking member so far, hahaha. I love his face!

And last but never least, a whole slew of new little celluloid Japanese dogs add to the ever growing army.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 4:00 am

wonderful pieces in your collection and presented so well in this visual summary! and great to see other forum members helping you :)

I think my favourite are the strange and cute Japanese dogs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 11:44 am

So many wonderful additions, and amazing to find those wild dogs! cheers And of course I love the little Japanese dogs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 11:50 am

Big congrats for all these P.V. models, the Safari dingo that I love, and these very original celluloïd japanese dogs! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 5:54 pm

Some really great additions! I saw your topic of your bull but was in the midst of moving, so when I have some time to sit down and properly take it in I will. He is handsome!!! All the other additions are superb too! Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 8:02 pm

congrats on the PVs!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 9:02 pm

The Thoroughbred mares and Friesians look good! Well, they can't be Friesians if they aren't black, but I am sure they can be another breed. The liver chestnut is particularly nice. A great collection of Play Visions too. And I notice you got the Zoorasia okapi that we discussed before.

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 4:14 am

Very nice additions, I love Appaloosa !
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Many treasures again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 9:37 pm

Thank you everyone! Very Happy

rogerpgvg wrote:
The Thoroughbred mares and Friesians look good! Well, they can't be Friesians if they aren't black, but I am sure they can be another breed.
Based on how tall their ears are, perhaps they are mules. Wink

Quote :
And I notice you got the Zoorasia okapi that we discussed before.
I couldn't resist him with his fancy red shoes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 10:01 pm

Now you say it, yes, they have very long ears. Wikipedia says: "Friesians have long, arched necks and well-chiseled, short-eared scratch , "Spanish-type" heads."
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 10:02 pm

Congrats,some lovely additions!!!

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 3:16 am

Wonderful additions Jill, especially love the PVs and the little Japanese dogs cheers Also so glad you’re pleased with the contributions from me, still feel it is not enough to equal your generosity to me! I love you Also also I hope to help you add to your dingo family more in future Wink

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 7:45 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Now you say it, yes, they have very long ears. Wikipedia says: "Friesians have long, arched necks and well-chiseled, short-eared scratch , "Spanish-type" heads."
Not quite on the mark, for sure.

Taos wrote:
Congrats,some lovely additions!!!
Thank you!

Mitsukuni wrote:
Wonderful additions Jill, especially love the PVs and the little Japanese dogs cheers Also so glad you’re pleased with the contributions from me, still feel it is not enough to equal your generosity to me! I love you Also also I hope to help you add to your dingo family more in future Wink
Thank you, I am happy I could help you with your collection as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 7:51 pm

Me in August: You can't buy things in September, you have to save!
Me in September: But what if I find some really cool things??
Me, now: . . . well I see your point.

So here I am, with some things I found that I couldn't let pass. Laughing

Two more Panini dogs - now I am only missing the German Shepherd! And the Chow is one of my favorites of the set, what a goofy face.

All of the Panini cats! Just like the dogs, a really expressive and charming set.

Play Visions elk and his gigantic nudibranch friends. I was surprised how large the nudibranchs are compared to most of the play visions figures! But quite lovely!

And a few more Kid Kore horses. These don't help solve any existing mysteries and only present more, but I love finding more all the same. Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Fantastic additions! I think the nudibranchs are the stars but the paninis are close...

Were the nudibranchs an ebay listing? They are a special catch!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 8:41 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Fantastic additions! I think the nudibranchs are the stars but the paninis are close...

Were the nudibranchs an ebay listing? They are a special catch!
Thank you! Yeah, they were Whitelightingwolf sales - I think I caught them RIGHT when they went up and I did not give myself deliberation time because I knew they'd vanish real quick. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 8:59 pm

Excellent timing and great catches. Congratulations!

I have only seen one in person, acting as a middle man for another member. It was sort of scoop shaped, hard to explain... like a pipe cut in half lengthwise, rather than being totally solid on the underside. Are all of yours like that? I was surprised by the size too.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 9:09 pm

Yes they are hollow! And very pliable.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 11:01 pm

Ah, I see. Thank you for the confirmation and photo!

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 4:40 am

Yes, I have one nudibranch (packed away), like you say soft rubbery hollow and much larger than you'd expect. A cool figure nonetheless, maybe one day I'll find more.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Amazing new additions, I'm sure I say it every time but I always really admire how you manage to find the rarest of models! cheers I really hope you can find that German Shepherd because a complete Panini dogs collection would be wonderful! cheers I love the expressions that the dogs have too, very fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 7:43 am

Very cool again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next