Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]

Go down 
+23
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks everyone!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the greyhound is probably my most favorite as well. Aside from the gremlin boxer. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Oh goodness, that boxer! May I suggest that you affectionately name him "Goblin" or something similar. Very Happy
Absolutely, Goblin is a perfect name. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 7:44 pm

Got a few more boxes over the past couple weeks, largely for just three of the pictured models (finding those individual little cats is expensive, ha!). The dingo, the painted dog, and the Himalayan cat were the targets, but all the extras are welcome, too, of course. I particularly like the walking calico cat. It's one of those pencil toppers with the hole in its belly. And I got the babies to the Puppy in my Pocket collie set I had a kid and lost all the puppies, so that's neat!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 7:45 pm

This dingo is very nice and very large, Applause Applause Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 5:50 am

It surely represents a big investment getting these cats anytime you find one. Even if they're not expensive, you have always to pay postage. affraid Surely the extras are what compensates all this effort. :)

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 6:06 am

So many amazing additions, and also definitely an achievement to find these elusive models already! cheers Unknown animals like these are always so difficult to find, because you have to search through so many bundles of animals on sites such as Ebay- but you definitely have a good eye for models to have found these already! cheers That Dingo is definitely a highlight, I have him too and it's anatomical details are perfect! Very Happy
Ohh but the gorgeous dogs!! I love you You have found some lovely Puppy in my Pockets, that Collie really jumped out at me with those sweet puppies! I love how this specific model was a tricolour collie- it adds variety to the more common sable models we see! And I just love how they have made those puppies, knowing collies they have completely got the poses and head shapes right- very cute! I love you And a general comment on Puppy in my Pocket families- I have always loved the families they made because as well as being accurate to the general personalities of each breed, the puppies are so accurate to how dogs of each breed look when they are young, and have the natural cuteness without becoming too cartoony! Very Happy I have their Golden Retriever family and having bred a couple of litters in the past, the puppies in this set are so true to life to when they are about 3/4 weeks old! Very Happy
Back to your other lovely dogs- and another Collie, beautiful model with that ball, showing the playful side of this breed! And a begging Schnauzer too, the poses of dogs by this brand are always unique! The other two dogs are interesting, I've never seen them before! That little one in play bow- maybe a Border Collie? There's also something about that playful pose that says Jack Russell, but then the slim body also reminds me of a sighthound type... maybe he's a bit of everything! sunny And I've never seen that sweet model behind the wolf either! She's definitely unusual with that smooth, almost metallic texture and reminds me of those lovable beagles! flower
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 am

landrover wrote:

This dingo is very nice and very large, Applause Applause Applause
Thanks! Yes, he is monstrous next to most of my collection, which are all tiny. Laughing

Roger wrote:
It surely represents a big investment getting these cats anytime you find one. Even if they're not expensive, you have always to pay postage. affraid Surely the extras are what compensates all this effort. :)
Worth it, to obsessively collect these random figures, and I do sometimes get nice extras as well! (Though sometimes it is the more collectable "extras" that raise the price, ha! My cats are considered the "extras" to most I think.)  

Bonnie wrote:
So many amazing additions, and also definitely an achievement to find these elusive models already! cheers Unknown animals like these are always so difficult to find, because you have to search through so many bundles of animals on sites such as Ebay- but you definitely have a good eye for models to have found these already!
How I relax after work - studying close-ups of piles of animals on ebay.  lol!

Quote :
:Ohh but the gorgeous dogs!! I love you You have found some lovely Puppy in my Pockets, that Collie really jumped out at me with those sweet puppies! I love how this specific model was a tricolour collie- it adds variety to the more common sable models we see! And I just love how they have made those puppies, knowing collies they have completely got the poses and head shapes right- very cute! I love you And a general comment on Puppy in my Pocket families- I have always loved the families they made because as well as being accurate to the general personalities of each breed, the puppies are so accurate to how dogs of each breed look when they are young, and have the natural cuteness without becoming too cartoony! Very Happy I have their Golden Retriever family and having bred a couple of litters in the past, the puppies in this set are so true to life to when they are about 3/4 weeks old! Very Happy
I agree, as a series they tend to sit just on the cusp of "cartoon" while still maintaining realistic proportions and details, which makes them nice! (The schnauzer looks a little like a muppet, though, haha.) That's so sweet about your Golden Retriever puppies. :)

Quote :
Back to your other lovely dogs- and another Collie, beautiful model with that ball, showing the playful side of this breed! And a begging Schnauzer too, the poses of dogs by this brand are always unique! The other two dogs are interesting, I've never seen them before! That little one in play bow- maybe a Border Collie? There's also something about that playful pose that says Jack Russell, but then the slim body also reminds me of a sighthound type... maybe he's a bit of everything! sunny
I think meant to be a border collie, with the sheep, but definitely not anything definitive. Very cute though. :)

Quote :
And I've never seen that sweet model behind the wolf either! She's definitely unusual with that smooth, almost metallic texture and reminds me of those lovable beagles! flower
It's a bad picture of her here, but that's the LPS mother Saint Bernard from the movie Beethoven's 2nd, released in the 90's. She came with a bunch of puppies, originally. I remember both the movie and the merchandise that came out with it. Unfortunately, I think she was the reason I got into a bidding war with a Littlest Pet Shop Collector with this particular lot.  Razz
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 1:11 pm

Nice additions. I especially like the PEC wild dog.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 1:27 pm

Congrats! Several really nice models there. I personally love the wild dog and dingo. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 5:19 pm

Jill wrote:

Bonnie wrote:
So many amazing additions, and also definitely an achievement to find these elusive models already! cheers Unknown animals like these are always so difficult to find, because you have to search through so many bundles of animals on sites such as Ebay- but you definitely have a good eye for models to have found these already!
How I relax after work - studying close-ups of piles of animals on ebay.  lol!

Quote :
:Ohh but the gorgeous dogs!! I love you You have found some lovely Puppy in my Pockets, that Collie really jumped out at me with those sweet puppies! I love how this specific model was a tricolour collie- it adds variety to the more common sable models we see! And I just love how they have made those puppies, knowing collies they have completely got the poses and head shapes right- very cute! I love you And a general comment on Puppy in my Pocket families- I have always loved the families they made because as well as being accurate to the general personalities of each breed, the puppies are so accurate to how dogs of each breed look when they are young, and have the natural cuteness without becoming too cartoony! Very Happy I have their Golden Retriever family and having bred a couple of litters in the past, the puppies in this set are so true to life to when they are about 3/4 weeks old! Very Happy
I agree, as a series they tend to sit just on the cusp of "cartoon" while still maintaining realistic proportions and details, which makes them nice! (The schnauzer looks a little like a muppet, though, haha.) That's so sweet about your Golden Retriever puppies. :)

Quote :
Back to your other lovely dogs- and another Collie, beautiful model with that ball, showing the playful side of this breed! And a begging Schnauzer too, the poses of dogs by this brand are always unique! The other two dogs are interesting, I've never seen them before! That little one in play bow- maybe a Border Collie? There's also something about that playful pose that says Jack Russell, but then the slim body also reminds me of a sighthound type... maybe he's a bit of everything! sunny
I think meant to be a border collie, with the sheep, but definitely not anything definitive. Very cute though. :)

Quote :
And I've never seen that sweet model behind the wolf either! She's definitely unusual with that smooth, almost metallic texture and reminds me of those lovable beagles! flower
It's a bad picture of her here, but that's the LPS mother Saint Bernard from the movie Beethoven's 2nd, released in the 90's. She came with a bunch of puppies, originally. I remember both the movie and the merchandise that came out with it. Unfortunately, I think she was the reason I got into a bidding war with a Littlest Pet Shop Collector with this particular lot.  Razz
Exactly the same as me- I'm always zooming up on Ebay lots in the hope of spotting any rare dogs! Laughing
Definitely! The Schnauzer is very muppet like! Laughing But still sweet of course! Very Happy Ah yes, of course a Border Collie with the sheep- very cute! Thank you so much for the information on the LPS St. Bernard- that's so interesting! It seems that Beethoven models sell for so much- I've seen a set of a few Bullyland dogs of this character up for a few hundred! Shocked I'm so glad you won the war, because I've seen that these vintage LPS figures attract quite a lot of collectors! cheers Maybe you'll be able to find the puppies one day! bounce
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 2:31 am

The display shelves are very nice because they are open so the items won't be shadowed.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 4:22 pm

Bonnie wrote:
It seems that Beethoven models sell for so much- I've seen a set of a few Bullyland dogs of this character up for a few hundred! Shocked I'm so glad you won the war, because I've seen that these vintage LPS figures attract quite a lot of collectors! cheers Maybe you'll be able to find the puppies one day! bounce
Oh gosh, I'm so glad this one isn't as desirable as that, I wouldn't have been able to compete even for the missing Himalayan. Laughing

Seeway wrote:
The display shelves are very nice because they are open so the items won't be shadowed.
Thanks so much! My dad and I built them! (Which is why parts of them are stained and parts aren't, ha!)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 12:19 pm

Lovely models again,congrats!!

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Thank you, Taos! :)
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 pm

Been so busy and so tired lately, haven't had a chance to look around here much this month! Sleep But I do have some fun new arrivals I want to share. Getting boxes is always a nice relief in a crazy week. Very Happy

First off, have to thank Paige and Kelly for my first ever Yowies! I can see why they are so popular, they're just perfect. I'm hooked now, of course. Wink

Also thanks to Kelly and an ebay lot for feeding my Tiny Cat army. It's still small for now, but apparently, I'm a cat and dog collector now. Razz

Also some great wildlife in the same box!

Speaking of Tiny Cat Army, I was able to add a lot to the sets I am trying to complete. Now I have . . . a few.

And I got this lot because of the ones that look like the PV mini dogs, but turns out I really like the Wild Republic set, too!

And then some "extras" from the lots, plenty of which turned out to be a nice surprises! Not sure how I feel about the giant man and his giant wife with their tiny horse and even tinier wagon, though.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 9:15 pm

Holy canoli! So many kitties! cheers Congrats on all these models, each one is so great its own way. Even the giant man and his family. Wink But of course, me being me, special congrats on the battat wolf and lynx. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Very big lot of additions, many variety. congratulations . cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 4:54 am

I like this kind of figures much more than the Major brands. Big congrats Jill

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 5:08 am

You really favour those 2 to 3 inches figures. They have a lot of advantages when compared with the standard sized figures.
I love your cat invasion, I wished I could do something to make them all put the tails up. Laughing
Oh, also your special interest for less famous models is being very helpful to sort some sets that remained anonymous until now.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Great additions!!

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:30 pm

Thanks so much everyone! :)

I do love the itty bitty models. Slowly but surely, I will amass a kingdom of Toob-sized creatures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will work on training the cats better Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 6:53 am

Sooo many wonderful new additions- wow! cheers cheers cheers
Beautiful new Yowies- I love that Snow Leopard! Very Happy And what a fantastic array of cats, so many interesting poses and sculpts! I just love the orange one in the first photo, it looks so perfect and cat like, all proportions are correct and she has such a sweet face! I love you
And of course all those wonderful dogs!! sunny It's great that we found those Wild Republic models, and those two extras are so interesting, I've never seen them before! Very Happy Such a sweet little spaniel, it has that 'waggy' excitable look they often have! Very Happy Not forgetting the lovely GSD too- what a gorgeous face he has!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 10:37 am

Thanks, Bonnie! I think you mean the New Ray abyssinian cat? It's one of the best cat molds I've gotten so far, at least. :)

I think you will like whenever I update next, when some things roll in. I think of you all the time, while I am hunting for all these dogs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 12:34 pm

Jill wrote:
Thanks, Bonnie! I think you mean the New Ray abyssinian cat? It's one of the best cat molds I've gotten so far, at least. :)

I think you will like whenever I update next, when some things roll in. I think of you all the time, while I am hunting for all these dogs. Laughing
Yes, that sounds right, the Abyssinian cat! cheers  Thank you for clarifying it's breed, I'm afraid my cat breed knowledge is quite limited Embarassed -it's beautiful! sunny
Laughing Laughing
I definitely did LOVE what you updated next- as you can see from the other topic! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 11:36 am

Not new models, but a new way to have them out on display! As I mentioned, I am very short on wall space and traditional shelves just don't work. Plus, I really like tiny figures, and regular sized shelves have a lot of wasted space for 2 inch critters . . . so I've been hunting for good display cases that aren't $85 - $400, ha. Then I found, of all things, nail polish racks. cheers

So the three collections that got me back into collecting at all are up - the tiny horses, cats, and dogs by Play Visions/Club Earth/Papo/Wild Republic.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 1:25 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 3.31.24]
Page 3 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next