Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]

Go down 
+27
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
widukind
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2024 9:14 pm

Congrats!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 3:27 am

Congratulations Jill on getting more wanted figures!
I like your collection of wild equids! They look great together.
It's great to see your collecting taste being reflected so well in all these photos.

The fox is a real beauty as well! What is the size of that model?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 11:52 am

We were aware about Play Visions having a good number of variations but I think it is your research which will let we know the real extension of it. Nice to see a fox in the batch and how wild is that horse? Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2024 4:14 pm

Big congratulation Jill cheers Especially for the Breyerfest quagga I love you
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 6:13 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptySat Aug 03, 2024 2:26 am

Thank you everyone! The quagga is a gem in my collection for sure, very happy with her.

sunny wrote:

The fox is a real beauty as well! What is the size of that model?
Almost 4 cm at the tip of the ears!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger wrote:
We were aware about Play Visions having a good number of variations but I think it is your research which will let we know the real extension of it.
Every time I see one I don't recognize I go and actually click on the picture on the TAW and surprise, the variation is always there on the figure's actual page. I just did not go into every figure and look. Laughing Little did I realize what I was getting into.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 12:35 am

Not an update to the actual collection, but an update to the display. I just like sharing these since not many people in real life ever see them, ha! I moved a lot of things around in order to display some of my new figures better, and I suspended some of my Play Visions to make more room--the parrots and the bats, since they look the most convincing suspended. I had also intended to do some of the sea creatures, but putting those eye hooks in and tying off all those fishing line knots was really hard, so maybe later. Wink It was an idea Paige gave me a long, long time ago, and I've always intended to do it at some point.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 9:43 am

Phantastic

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 7:19 pm

wonderful to see your displays Jill!
your flying bats and birds look really good. I will use that technique as well one day :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 7:58 pm

Nice eclectic collection and displays, exactly what I like to watch cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 8:00 pm

Thank you for sharing! It's always so much fun looking at someone's display.
You have a wonderful collection. Very organized and clean.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2024 10:25 pm

Superb collection and wonderful display! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 9:08 pm

Thanks so much everyone!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 9:49 pm

Very interesting collection, I like your birds flying.

cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2024 6:00 pm

Great to see the display of your models. It looks like your Breyer shelf can't take much more weight Very Happy. Good idea to make the flying animals really fly.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2024 6:43 pm

Thank you both!

rogerpgvg wrote:
It looks like your Breyer shelf can't take much more weight Very Happy.
It is really in need of some help, ha! Laughing It's quite secure but that board just keeps warping more and more over time . . .
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 7:13 pm

August! I had a surge of interest in expanding my Breyer stablemate collection and narrowed down all of them to a wish list that is somewhat achievable, but does include mostly pricier models. I was able to get a few this month, and in fact ended up spending more than I budgeted for . . .

. . . on these girls. One of my most wanted Breyers, and so I am very excited to finally have Primrose, the first Stablemate Collectors Club release. However, it's a frustrating experience, too. Mainly because the first one I purchased--for a lot of money!--was not as advertised. You can see in the photos of both that she is yellowed, and she smelled very strongly of cigarettes. The smell is nearly gone and I could sun her to get her back to white eventually, but I do not have a good arrangement for that unfortunately. And for the price I paid, I had expected mint condition. Sad Luckily(?), a beautiful perfect Primrose came up for sale only a few days later for $25 less!! I bought her, too, ha! So now I have to decide what to do with the yellowed one. I am hoping I can trade her for something else on my wishlist to someone who had a good place to sun her and get her back to white . . .

Anyway, she is beautiful and I love her, but I just needed to vent. Razz

I also found this set for a really good price, to help make up for the sunk cost in Primrose perhaps. I mostly wanted the rearing roan, the gray warmblood, and the highland pony, but the other two are lovely as well and so I am happy to have the whole set. This is my first Best of Breyerfest set, which are minis made of traditional Breyerfest releases from past years, mostly very low run number ones that are hard to get. It's a fun idea, to make more accessible versions. These sets are only available in the Breyerfest store and typically sell out very quickly. This set is from 2021.

And one more stablemate from this month, one I really couldn't turn down at the price. Simba du Pont de Tourney is from the 30th anniversary stablemate set from Breyerfest, which was mini replicas not of the super rare micro runs but of past celebration horses (the model you got with your ticket), so each one of them is a portrait of a real horse. Simba is an Ardennes who was 2015 celebration horse.

Outside of the realm of Breyer, I must extend my thanks to Andreas for a really wonderful lot of tiny guys from his store. sunny The Play Visions lioness got my attention first, so I added some travel companions for her! Tiny lizards and hyenas are a perfect match for my collection, but I also couldn't resist the teenie tapir. The tree kangaroo and Norwegian forest cat are not quite set completers but helping me get there.

And finally, I was able to get one of the K&M dogs I am missing, leaving just one more, from whitelightningwolf. Very Happy And all those little tiny animals around him are from Archie McPhee brand. This is just one of each, but they are duplicate or triplicate. I got them especially for the tiny opossum and the crows, but of course all tiny creatures are welcome.
Back to top Go down
MoeHe

MoeHe

Country/State : Austria

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 11:00 pm

wow, really cool display off your collection. :) Those crows look very cool and realstic.

To keep up with my collection, I would recommend the following topics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I regularly present my new releases and my opinion on them there.

Feel free to leave your comments. :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 11:44 pm

Really great additions Jill! Sorry to hear about the first Primrose, that or something similar has happened to us all I think; so frustrating! I love those purpleish roans- such a nice color! And congrats on the second to last K&M dog! I myself and am still missing a few... I think the pug and jack russel if I remember right (good thing I will be doing my pets section soon to refresh my memory!).

Big congrats on all!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 7:35 am

Nice adds Jill, too bad for the first Primsrose, unfortunately I guess we all had some bad experience like this, it's good you found another one.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 7:59 am

Glad you are happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 9:35 am

Interestingly, far from being a nitpicker, I don't get upset over minor flaws that many figures have, but perhaps because I've never been a smoker, figures with a cigarette smell bother me immensely. There are very few that I have in these conditions because I don't regularly buy used figures, but I can't rest until I manage to minimize the smell as much as possible. I hope you find a good owner for this figure and that you recover a good portion of the value invested.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 10:03 am

Very beautiful collection and display! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 8:53 pm

Congratulations on your new members Jill! The set of 5 are very nice models, and it's very interesting to read about the story behind them!
Breyer are very good with their marketing and creating demand for their products. Making this set minis of past releases is a great way to fill the gap for those who couldn't or didn't want to get the larger models.

Nice to see your figures from Andreas. That's a pretty blue hyena and a cute tapir.

The Mcphee models must be very small indeed?
I'm always curious about small models incase they can fit my herds! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2024 9:26 pm

The crows are very interesting........ cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next