Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]

Go down 
+27
Chris Sweetman
rogerpgvg
widukind
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
lucky luke
bmathison1972
75senta75
CodyK2004
thebritfarmer
SUSANNE
Joliezac
sunny
Ana
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Seeway
RtasVadumee
pipsxlch
Caracal
landrover
Taos
spacelab
George
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 2:19 am

Thanks everyone! Yes it is unfortunate that everyone seems to have to have at least one bad buying experience that costs them $$. Thankfully, it was only a small amount in the grand scheme of expensive things!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Really great additions Jill! Sorry to hear about the first Primrose, that or something similar has happened to us all I think; so frustrating! I love those purpleish roans- such a nice color!
I love roans, I've been on a bit of a kick for them lately, haha. Locksley (the rearing one) is an especially nice one I think.

Roger wrote:
Interestingly, far from being a nitpicker, I don't get upset over minor flaws that many figures have, but perhaps because I've never been a smoker, figures with a cigarette smell bother me immensely. There are very few that I have in these conditions because I don't regularly buy used figures, but I can't rest until I manage to minimize the smell as much as possible. I hope you find a good owner for this figure and that you recover a good portion of the value invested.
I agree, and I don't think the seller was intentionally deceptive. I think because she lives in the home, she is nose blind to the smell and also the yellowing happens so gradually, and would happen to all her horses equally, she probably could not even tell it had yellowed in comparison. So I now I will always be asking if it is a smoking home.

sunny wrote:
Congratulations on your new members Jill! The set of 5 are very nice models, and it's very interesting to read about the story behind them!
Breyer are very good with their marketing and creating demand for their products. Making this set minis of past releases is a great way to fill the gap for those who couldn't or didn't want to get the larger models.
It is a good idea, especially since many of these micro runs are multiple thousands of dollars on the second hand market. Locksley, the rearing one, is my favorite. His traditional size counterpart is Nottingham, who is stunning. But only 137 were made and the only one for sale currently is listed at $2000. So, the tiny version it is!  Laughing

Quote :
The Mcphee models must be very small indeed?
I'm always curious about small models incase they can fit my herds! Very Happy
They are very tiny!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]   Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24] - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2024 10:33 pm

Great bunch of special release stablemates. I love Primrose. The modern painting style on this old model works very well and it has a very original pose. It is a good thing to have a model twice if it is very good. Thumbelina and the rearing horse (what's his name) are great too. You can see that Breyer puts a bit more care in the painting when they are special releases. Fantastic that you got five together.

I like the Archie McPhee minis. I wish more brands made very small models. How small are they?

Jill's (growing) Collection [update 9.1.24]
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24