Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Jill
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals Empty
PostSubject: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyThu May 13, 2021 11:42 pm

It's Toy Major, but what is the second logo? Is that CE for Club Earth? Anyone know anything else about the random cutie?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyFri May 14, 2021 12:15 am

About the marking you can read here.
We have that model on TAW with Appaloosa colors, is yours called snowflake color?

Picture uploaded by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on TAW

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyFri May 14, 2021 1:19 am

Ah, thank you!! That's why it's also on the To Go packaging, which was confusing me.

Yes, it's a snowflake appaloosa. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyFri May 14, 2021 11:19 am

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I am not into horses so I don't know too much about equine colors. I added your snowflake horse on TAW.

This is the foal of the Appaloosa from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] collection.

... and this model from @Tarunyada's collection is also marked 1997.

It may be a little series of horses with foals.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 1:56 am

Oh, I have some of those. I have that white adult as well as the matching baby, and a pinto set as well. (My white mare, in tradition, has her face chewed off by my dog. Laughing )

They have letters as well.

The snowflake is B and the white mare is C

Pinto mare A

Pinto foal D

White foal A
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], another horse set is borning on TAW! Very Happy
I opened a specific page here!
Do you mind if I move these posts to a specific topic about this series?
It is interesting that the foal letters do not match with the mares. Thus, they surely can use lots of combinations of colors.
We have letters up to D, maybe just 4 mare moulds and 4 foal moulds? A lot to find out still.
Thanks and wonderful Lego piece. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 3:42 am

Roger wrote:

Go right ahead! I'm glad my random little horses are finding their places in the world. :) Maybe it's worth saying, the snowflake appaloosa is much better painted than the other ones. Same year and letter type, though (each letter is inside a little box). Just interesting that the quality seems to have jumped on that one.

I stole that lego from work. Laughing I use legos to build enrichment for the toads.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

Go right ahead! I'm glad my random little horses are finding their places in the world. :) Maybe it's worth saying, the snowflake appaloosa is much better painted than the other ones. Same year and letter type, though (each letter is inside a little box). Just interesting that the quality seems to have jumped on that one.

I stole that lego from work. Laughing I use legos to build enrichment for the toads.

Laughing Lego has an array of uses that no other toy can compare.

Here is a dedicated topic to these horses, if other members also find these little horses, this topic is the right place to discuss and sort them.
The detail of the letters inside a square is interesting. If it is consistent with the different levels of quality finish, it may explain something we are not yet aware. Laughing

These models from 1997 seem to be the same size as those  (like Funrise) from 1988.
Here your pictures of both Foals marked D. Wink

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 6:42 pm

True, the babies are nearly the same size! But in the Funrise-style sets, the foals are just a little bit too small proportionately for the adults. Here's a comparison. The foals match the smaller adults better in size.

Also, to clarify for anyone checking in the future, on my three adults at least the letter is in a box, but on the two babies I have, it is not. The babies have only China and the letter, while the adults have the Toy Major logo, the year, made in China, and the letter.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 6:50 pm

These are so cute. Great models!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptySun May 16, 2021 7:17 pm

Very useful comparison picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I updated the page on TAW according to your post.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyMon May 17, 2021 2:39 am

Now I want to see the toads being enriched lol. Do you make caves for them?
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyMon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Here is the other Appaloosa foal and the adult horse

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm

Thanks Taylor! I added them on TAW. Now we have 4 different foals but just versions A and D.
Have you acquired that mare with both foals as a set of 3?

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Taylor! I added them on TAW. Now we have 4 different foals but just versions A and D.
Have you acquired that mare with both foals as a set of 3?
Oh, thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I forgot I had a second baby for each one of those sets! I'll try to find them again, and get pictures. They are in sets of three, at least the Pinto and the White one.

pipsxlch wrote:
Now I want to see the toads being enriched lol. Do you make caves for them?
I build them mazes to chase mealworms in. Laughing Here's the female being extremely unimpressed by the entire process.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:26 pm

One of them was a bit sneaky, but I found where he'd slipped off too. Both of these have the letter C.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyMon May 17, 2021 11:34 pm

Oh, step by step we are building it.
I redesigned the whole page on TAW.
Not sure it is better like that. Laughing
Now it is easy to understand why the letters of the foals do not match necesarily the mares.
Just for gallery purposes, could you help me giving the right name for the foal poses? D is lying, how to describe A and C? I thought one of them was trotting but apparently it is not. geek
Oh Mrs. Toad, don't get angry at me, I will give some peace to your friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and no, I am not the inventor of Lego. Wink

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyTue May 18, 2021 12:24 am

Roger wrote:
Oh, step by step we are building it.
I redesigned the whole page on TAW.
Not sure it is better like that. Laughing
I like that. It's very satisfying to see them grouped like that. I'll be interested to see if babies every show up for the snowflake mare . . .

Quote :
Now it is easy to understand why the letters of the foals do not match necesarily the mares.
Just for gallery purposes, could you help me giving the right name for the foal poses? D is lying, how to describe A and C? I thought one of them was trotting but apparently it is not. geek
Maybe just Walking would do for the A pose? And Trotting works for C from my perspective.

Quote :
Oh Mrs. Toad, don't get angry at me, I will give some peace to your friend [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and no, I am not the inventor of Lego. Wink
lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyTue May 18, 2021 10:30 am

The fact that your snowflake does not have babies for now and considering the painting is a mass produced one and not repainted, could probably link us to a different use of these models. Though, the mare with two foals seems to be the standard. Well, before your posts, the few figures of these sets we knew were randomly grouped with all Toy Major horses and now we have a comprehensive series for 1997 models and also the 1988.
I believe there's a similar series for 1994 horses. We have two on TAW, you can see one of them in this link and we even can see how it is marked. Very Happy

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyFri May 21, 2021 5:04 am

Roger wrote:

I believe there's a similar series for 1994 horses. We have two on TAW, you can see one of them in this link and we even can see how it is marked. Very Happy
I don't have one like that, which is something, considering I had soooo many plastic horses from the 90's, ha! But if taking photos of how they are marked is useful for TAW, I can do that for any models I have provided photos of. :) Or other angles, too, I wasn't sure how much to provide.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyFri May 21, 2021 12:40 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

I don't have one like that, which is something, considering I had soooo many plastic horses from the 90's, ha! But if taking photos of how they are marked is useful for TAW, I can do that for any models I have provided photos of. :) Or other angles, too, I wasn't sure how much to provide.

The way you are doing is perfect. I think one or two pictures per figure is more than enough. The way they are marked is important mostly for these obscure series but I will let you know whenever we need a picture of the markings. You're doing a fantastic work helping to sort these figures from the 1980's and 1990's years.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyFri May 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Nice horses that i have never seen before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 4:59 pm

This is the set I got with all the foals together but no adult horses!

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Oh that's cool Taos! How strange that they made three appaloosa, three palomino, and then two white and four pintos instead of three of each.

Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 10:56 pm

Hello,
here my TM "small?/middle?" horses:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next