Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Jill
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2021, 23:47

Thanks Beno, your Appaloosa is the same as Susanne's and Taylor's but I used your pictures anyway.
About the chestnut horse, despite the different place of the letter marked on it, I believe it was just to avoid the seam and that this figure belongs to this series.
So, I added it as Toy Major Small Chestnut Horse (1997).
Now I've seen Taylor posted an interesting set of foals that give us some more light on this subject.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Jun 2021, 12:07

Jill wrote:
Oh that's cool Taos! How strange that they made three appaloosa, three palomino, and then two white and four pintos instead of three of each.

I added Babdo's mare as chestnut but now checking your post I changed it to Palomino. Susanne already explained me the difference but I always forget. geek

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Jun 2021, 00:25

Aaaah, yay, a mother for all the babies now! Just no babies for my spotty mare! Makes it seem even more likely that her more detailed paint job is because she is from another set . . .

([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] palomino is technically just a dilute gene on chestnut, so you're not wrong! Wink)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals - Page 2 EmptySat 05 Jun 2021, 00:36

Jill wrote:
Aaaah, yay, a mother for all the babies now! Just no babies for my spotty mare! Makes it seem even more likely that her more detailed paint job is because she is from another set . . .

([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] palomino is technically just a dilute gene on chestnut, so you're not wrong! Wink)

Laughing That's not very helpful for editing purposes. Razz
Haflingers look a lot like palominos and they're chestnut. Also, we have a dedicated page on TAW for palomino horses whose breed is not identified while chestnuts without breed go to the unidentified breed page.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals   Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Major 1997 Small Mares and Foals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2